• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it doesn't.

Rosalina's feat is super vague and we don't even see it happening. She could have shielded herself and Mario doesn't even scale to her.
We literally see it happening on screen. We don’t see her shielding so Occam’s Razor comes into play. And finally Bowser could harm her just fine in 3D world and Mario scales to Bowser.
You have yet to prove why the Wario thing scales to AP.
Unless you wanna invalidate Hades’s feat, sustaining universes is a legitimate feat.

We literally see it happening on screen. We don’t see her shielding so Occam’s Razor comes into play. And finally Bowser could harm her just fine in 3D world and Mario scales to Bowser.
The screen fades to white before we see any what happens.

She's an unlockable character in 3D World that's not part of the story I don't view it as canon.

Alternatively this shows that Rosalina's magic doesn't scale to her physicals which is most likely the case.

Unless you wanna invalidate Hades’s feat, sustaining universes is a legitimate feat.
I'm not talking about this I'm talking about why the Stone attacking Mario scales to its power to create universes. I can argue why in Saint Seiya it does, using unrelated verses to attack your opponent is not an advised tactic.

Also what is it's durability?

In Mario Party all attacks do is a temporary stun with no lasting damage, and it's more likely the vehicles are what's being hurt.

We don't see most spin-offs as non-canon. At the same time though, most spin-offs see goombas or koopas as playable and able to take hits from the protagonists, so their value in scaling is questionable.

Yeah ok, I will settle with that if it outweighs the anti-feats for goons.

I don’t know if those anti-feats exist for Mario and Rosa though, so it should work.

Eh ds has one, and the stories in mp just end up with you playing mini game, so really, the story mode and just regular game play are identica.
My point is that Mario Party actually has a story, sometimes Boss Fights, and a justification for Mini Games. Mario Kart is just go-karting.

One obviously bullshit thing right off the bat: The Shadow Queen needs the Crystal Hearts to destroy the universe which naturally means she is not universal without them and there's no reason her power scales to the artifacts
Shadow Queen created the artifacts though.

Also, about surface area for a Low 2-C Explosion, the Big Bang ISN'T Low 2-C, it's 3-A, so of course surface area would be applicable for the Marvel feat but not for Mario. Surface Area means moot

I ******* just got on my computer, got linked this thread and it's already two pages long, what the ****.

Also I agree with the upgrades, lemme read through this entire shitfest now.

Alright, for a long time, I had buyed that Paper Mario and Mario are the exact same character thx to references from Mario and Paper Games that reference to each other but after a debate on Discord, there are points that should be heard

I would like to quote all of this from my friend that debunks each point of why Paper Mario should be different to Mario

But first let me quote this VSBW Statement and this Blogs Statements https://omniversal-battlefield.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:SuperBearNeo_X/Mario_Cosmology_+_Misconceptions which is the same reason as this site on why Mario is Paper Mario

Despite the confusion of the Mario Bros franchise canon due to its 5th installment of the Mario and Luigi series, Paper Jam, several games such as Super Mario 64 DS, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Party 5, and other installment has made several connections to the Paper Mario franchise which establish the series to be part of the same verse. It should be noted that the Paper Mario series has made several connections to other games as well with an interview of the creator confirming that the overall franchise having no canon to speak of. As such, the character that appears in the Paper Mario series is still the same character from other installments. For the stats on Paper Mario, who appeared in Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam, click here.

1. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/character-stats-and-profiles/images/d/dc/Mario_=_Paper_Mario_(TTYD_Case).png/revision/latest?cb=20180502040224

It's talking about the game. It's not 'Mario himself has returned to his 2-Dimensional Paper form', it's 'The Mario series has returned to the Paper Mario series'
The blurb even says a sentence prior, 'get ready for a 2-dimensional role playing adventure', which means it's talking about the game itself and not the character

Bowser's Castle, of which originally appeared in Paper Mario 64 makes an appearance in Rainbow Road within Mario Super Circuit. What this means is Paper Mario and Mario share the same universe/ Further evidence that they are the same (This also proves that Mario didn't come from a literal book and that said book likely was a means of traveling to the main universe)

2. Bowser's Castle point is just a reference with no meaning. It's supposed to make the player go "Oh, hey, that's from Paper Mario!", not point to the series being one in the same. It's like saying the Sam Raimi Spider-Man trilogy is a part of the MCU just because J Jonah Jameson said that the name Dr. Strange was taken. Especially when The Mario Kart series plays it fast and loose with what Bowser's Castle is like there are so many different castle designs in Mario Kart that you can't just take on and say 'Yep. That's it.'

3. Miyamoto is pretty unreliable as a source on Mario's canon, let's be real. He's stated that Mario and Luigi have no last names, and has retconned that shit. He's stated that he's the Koopaling's mother and has called Mario a 'homo nintendous'

4. And I don't like to use Mario Party. I know Mario has 'no canon' and is inconsistent, but Party and Kart diverge so much from the main Mario games that I cannot take it seriously in a debate. Hell, in Double Dash you can partner up Luigi and King Boo or Mario and Bowser, and they friendly race together. How can you use it for Mario stuff when it diverges so much from the main understanding of the Mario games? Mario and Bowser can also work together in Mario Party while playing a board game. Think about that

King Goomba, not only appears in Mario 64 Remake but he references events that happen from the game

5. For Goomboss, well, he's the king of Goombas, when he says 'us', he means the entire collective Goomba species, and not just referring to the events in Paper Mario

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...in-Offs.png/revision/latest?cb=20180502040223

6. Moving on from that, the 'evidence' with Luigi's diary is also likely just a reference with no meaning similar to Bowser's Castle. And there is nothing stopping it from meaning they played golf and raced karts in the Paper Mario universe. Since Origami King has the two plumbers rock up to Peach's castle in a kart. Heck, in Double Dash you can see the A Rank Mansion in the Luigi Circuit track iirc, (it's one of the Luigi tracks), but what's that supposed to mean? Especially when in Luigi's Mansion 2 it's confirmed that Luigi won the D-Rank mansion. Just because a location is shared between games does not mean it shares the same universe.

Star Hill makes an appearance in three series. Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi and Mario RPG

7. Oh look, you can travel to Oceania in Chibi-Robo: Zip-Lash, must mean that irl we have a mini robot brandishing a plug!

8. Peach's Castle is in every single Mario game so obviously they must all be connected in some way ha ha especially when Kart and Party can't be included at all. Hey look at me I cracked Mario's code

In Conclusion, Mario is not Paper and I think Mario's 2-B key and any other Paper Content should be moved to the Paper Mario Page aka Paper Jam Mario thx to my friends reasons

I guess I agree with Normal Mario being Low 2-C

Hold on is there another trend that talks about Mario's speed and such?

There is like 3 trends of Mario now

The Relooking at Mario Stats

Relooking Mario's speed

This trend

How come my trend got closed but this trend is not closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back