• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some people are assuming people in this thread are arguing Mario and co. are going to full on no-sell the universe nuke, which is not being believed by any side, it's just believed they can indeed tank it but shielding would obviously be the far safer option. Zack Fair can tank dozens of bullets and rocket launchers, but I'm pretty sure he'd rather block bullets then let his body take them.
This is a terrible argument because he gets riddled with bullets and dies. The writers of Final Fantasy VII don't view him as bulletproof at all.

There was also the assumptions "All statements came from the Magazine" despite the OP actually using both magazine statements and in game Japanese scans translated via a human translator. And the stuff I quoted or paraphrased came from the Japanese in game stuff.
All the statements that would begin to prove the paintings are universal are Nintendo Power so they're invalid.

This is a terrible argument because he gets riddled with bullets and dies. The writers of Final Fantasy VII don't view him as bulletproof at all.
He got riddled with bullets and survived for like a good hour, it wasn't until like 3 soldiers were left when he actually died. That shows he has far higher durability then a regular human who would've died from the first soldier alone. The writers of Final Fantasy 7 not viewing him as bulletproof is completely irrelevant to my claim nor what I said whatsoever, what I brought up was that in context he can tank bullets, but I'm 99% sure he'd prefer blocking them with his sword over letting the bullet hit him, you missed my point entirely.

Don't know too much about FF7, but I don't think that "barely tanking" or "tanked before dying" feats count for durability. And I don't think this is relevant to this thread either.

Going to tackle this on an unrelated manner, but yes.

Mario is weaker than Bowser in like every single game. They are comparable, yes, but Bowser is always portrayed as physically stronger than the Plumbers, who must often overcome the challenge through other means.

Just look at every Mario game...

• Super Mario 1. Mario either defeats Bowser by knocking the bridge, or by using a Power Up (Fire Flower)
  • Super Mario 3. Mario either defeats Bowser by making him destroy the arena, or by using Power Ups
  • Super Mario World. Bowser cannot be damaged normally and you must throw the wind-up bombs back at him
  • Super Mario 64. Bowser cannot be damaged normally and you must sneak around him, grab his tail and throw him into the landmines
  • Super Mario Sunshine. Bowser cannot be damaged and you must destroy the Bathtub he's in to knock him down.
  • Super Mario Galaxy. Bowser must be stunned in the reactor so you can hit him with the Spin Attack.
  • Super Mario Odyssey. Game literally opens with Mario being defeated by Bowser in a physical fight, and you need to use the Hat to defeat him in the final battle.
The only games where Mario can physically defeat Bowser are the RPGs, and even then Bowser has higher strength stats than Mario in both Mario RPG and Super Paper Mario.

The intent throughout the whole franchise is clear. Mario, while comparable, is physically weaker than Bowser, but makes up for it with other ways. Bowser is the big dumb brute. Mario is smaller and weaker, but he's smart and inventive and overcomes the odds. Mario is the underdog hero and Bowser is the powerhouse villain.

Don't know too much about FF7, but I don't think that "barely tanking" or "tanked before dying" feats count for durability. And I don't think this is relevant to this thread either.

The relevancy it holds is that a character can in context tank attacks but would rather block, I listed an example of that because it coincides with my point, so no, it holds relevancy.

The relevancy it holds is that a character can in context tank attacks but would rather block, I listed an example of that because it coincides with my point, so no, it holds relevancy.
Giver, he should tank bullets because he is scaled of really high feats but in the actual game where he is shown dodging and blocking bullets he doesn't tank them when finally hit, they piece his skin.

Wonder Woman is the closest thing I can think of to a character who shields herself from bullets but can tank them but even them bulletproof Wonder Woman is a modern construct that didn't exist until very recently. She was portrayed as vulnerable to bullets for like 70 years until she started getting bulletproof feats.

Hence why I'm more for partial Low 2-C scaling for the base forms. The Galaxy feats are there, but the fact that Base Bowser was likely going to die from a Baseline Low 2-C blast basically proves that the base forms shouldn't fully scale to Low 2-C at all.

Giver, he should tank bullets because he is scaled of really high feats but in the actual game where he is shown dodging and blocking bullets he doesn't tank them when finally hit, they piece his skin.

Wonder Woman is the closest thing I can think of to a character who shields herself from bullets but can tank them but even them bulletproof Wonder Woman is a modern construct that didn't exist until very recently. She was portrayed as vulnerable to bullets for like 70 years until she started getting bulletproof feats.
Idc about the feats listed on the profile, that's not at all my point with this, I'm going by what's shown in the game, not on the profile, viewing the scene itself as is. Zack legit gets shot a bunch during that scene you literally see him bleeding and everything but he doesn't immediately die, a regular human would die with the damages he sustained. I can tell you one bullet being shot at him via this wouldn't be as big of a threat to him since it took hundreds to do so, yet he would still most definitely
block the bullet over just letting it hit him.

No, his durability isn't comparable. He can barely touch the edge of the reactor's flames without burning himself, meaning that he does not scale to its full power, much less the Black Hole formed from its eventual collapse at the end of the game. Saying that he doesn't scale is absolutely valid.
i very recently said that bowser should upscale to the other bosses who are empowered by a grand star. him surviving getting hurt by the reactor would be an outlier, if not a supporting feat for that.

also you're ignoring that it's completely impossible to build a low 2-C space over time. you either build it or you don't, and that's that.

Hence why I'm more for partial Low 2-C scaling for the base forms. The Galaxy feats are there, but the fact that Base Bowser was likely going to die from a Baseline Low 2-C blast basically proves that the base forms shouldn't fully scale to Low 2-C at all.
that would be an outlier given all of the other feats.

i very recently said that bowser should upscale to the other bosses who are empowered by a grand star. him surviving getting hurt by the reactor would be an outlier, if not a supporting feat for that.
Bowser should upscale from other weaker bosses for no reason
Ignore that the Reactor Feat shows he is not comparable to Grand Stars.

How. It shows that he is much weaker and that the amp is unquantifiable.

that would be an outlier given all of the other feats.
Bowser wouldn't even survive the collapse of the universe, he was going to die. They state it was lethal to him.

How. It shows that he is much weaker and that the amp is unquantifiable.

Bowser wouldn't even survive the collapse of the universe, he was going to die. They state it was lethal to him.
he's literally the final boss. the amp being unquantifiable comes from you saying he's able to be harmed by the reactor when he has a grand star. he doesn't have a grand star in any of those 3 fights. also i just said that what shows that bowser's much weaker is an outlier. "but if they used all of it's power it'd drain instantly" they could be using 99% of the power and we wouldn't know.

that doesn't change what i said, mario wouldn't survive falling into a pit or getting smashed by a thwomp (in smg at least).

nice self advice
damn bro that roast was epic. matt might have to resign as mod now.

he's literally the final boss. the amp being unquantifiable comes from you saying he's able to be harmed by the reactor when he has a grand star. he doesn't have a grand star in any of those 3 fights. also i just said that what shows that bowser's much weaker is an outlier. "but if they used all of it's power it'd drain instantly" they could be using 99% of the power and we wouldn't know.
So this proves that people "amped by Grand Stars" are weaker than Base Bowser who can't even touch the fires of the Grand Star Reactor without burning his tail...

no, it proves that bowser's stronger than all of those people. that, again, would be an outlier.
"it proves he is stronger than them"

"it proves they are weaker than him"

These are the same thing. Is people amped by Grand Stars are weaker than a Bowser who cannot touch the Grand Star reactor without hurting himself, and the Low 2-C feat comes from the collapse of the Grand Star reactor creating a Black Hole...

Then yeah they don't scale to the Low 2-C.

"it proves he is stronger than them"

"it proves they are weaker than him"

These are the same thing. Is people amped by Grand Stars are weaker than a Bowser who cannot touch the Grand Star reactor without hurting himself, and the Low 2-C feat comes from the collapse of the Grand Star reactor creating a Black Hole...

Then yeah they don't scale to the Low 2-C.
no, i'm saying that the earlier bosses are at exactly low 2-C, and that bowser is above them. one more time, that's an outlier. that low 2-C feat has been legit for ages.

no, i'm saying that the earlier bosses are at exactly low 2-C, and that bowser is above them. one more time, that's an outlier. that low 2-C feat has been legit for ages.
The Low 2-C feat is the collapse of the Grand Star Reactor which creates the Black Hole.

Bowser, the end boss, cannot touch the fire of the Reactor without burning his tail. He is weaker thant the Reactor.

The earlier bosses cannot be Low 2-C.

The earlier bosses can be Low 2-C, as they are empowered by the Grand Star. As ridiculous as it might sound, the earlier bosses should be stronger than Bowser, the main final boss since Bowser isn't empowered by a Grand Star in MG1.

The earlier bosses can be Low 2-C, as they are empowered by the Grand Star. As ridiculous as it might sound, the earlier bosses should be stronger than Bowser, the main final boss since Bowser isn't empowered by a Grand Star in MG1.
But it's the collapse of the reactor using all the stars that makes the Low 2-C feat, not the stars independent. This just indicates that the amp doesn't scale.

The Galaxy reactor is being empowered by 1 Grand Star, If I remember correctly. (We only see one star inside of the reactor). So yes, it would scale, since the bosses excluding Bowser have Grand Stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back