• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 2-C Bulma VS Ultra Instinct Goku

Beerus reveals how Bulma is able to damage Goku: she's got God ki. Goku uses Ultra Instinct against her trying to train.

Treat this battle like you would a versus thread. Give concrete reasons for why the character would win.

Sir Ovens said:
Akreious said:
Ends in BulmaXGoku shippers getting their wet dreams.
Why was this ever a thing?
The shippers are legimitimately the most idiotic part of any fanbase. They only follow the show because of romance even if the show is not based on romance. Then they whine to death when they don't see their desired shipping. Plot, character development, world building be damned

I mean shippers aren't that bad. The franchise with the worst shipping I've ever seen is Overwatch, and that's only because I have personal bias against a particular ship.

But Dragonball is something I can never see having a ship. I mean a large majority of it's fans are males who watched the show in their childhood or their teens. What's more, the show doesn't even have proper romance. Hell, Naruto had better romance, and they shoved it all into one movie.

Sir Ovens said:
I mean shippers aren't that bad. The franchise with the worst shipping I've ever seen is Overwatch, and that's only because I have personal bias against a particular ship.
But Dragonball is something I can never see having a ship. I mean a large majority of it's fans are males who watched the show in their childhood or their teens. What's more, the show doesn't even have proper romance. Hell, Naruto had better romance, and they shoved it all into one movie.
Naruto shippers are definitely the worst part of their fanbase. The idiots send death threats to Kishimoto.

>No romance in DB

>First wish on the Dragon Balls was going to be Bulma getting a boyfriend

>Ending song all throughout the original DB was called Romantic Ageru Yo (I'll Give You Romance)

>Bulma and Yamcha get together before Krillin is introduced.

While I'm mostly joking with what's above, I have no problem with shipping as long as it's not idiotic, but that's a bit of a bias because I'm surprisingly a sucker for romance (so much so that I can't like Kamina as much as I'd like to because he took Yoko when we were rooting for Simon ovo). (Don't judge me bro)

The real cal howard said:
>Ending song all throughout the original DB was called Romantic Ageru Yo (I'll Give You Romance)
Wouldn't Romance in this context mean a story of some sorts? Like in One Piece where Romance is used to talk about an interesting story

You're likely right that it's using definition no. 2 for romance, but I wasn't entirely serious with anything starting with a ">".

Personally enjoy ships. They give artists a reason to draw something. I just don't like the fanatics that think their ship is law. Even when there's overwhelming evidence that the opposite ship is canon.

Like I said above, there is only one ship I dislike, and it's because of personal bias and quite frankly, the only reason the ship exists is because of a stupid game strategy.

@Cal: I have no problem with romance, I read romance webtoons regularly. It's the shipping fandom I despise. You wouldn't believe how toxic they're back when HST was popular.

Is there actually a difference between rooting for romance and shilling? I'm actually asking rather than being sarcastic.

Also, when it came to the HST, particularly Naruto, and I'm being serious I'm this one, I honestly didn't care for who the main characters ended up with, because it was basically that the dude settled for the girl that liked him. Unpopular opinion, I know... I could care less about Bleach and OP tho.

I mean, yeah. Shipping tends to be headcanon and usually happens in both romance driven and non-romance driven shows. You can ship anything, a boy and a girl in love, two dudes who are really close to each other, or even a tree and a bench.

Rooting for romance almost always has to have at least some reason behind it, like plot or romantic undertones. It should also be at least a little obvious that both characters like each other, unlike shipping, where two characters can have as little connection as a sideways glance, and still be shipped.

The real cal howard said:
Is there actually a difference between rooting for romance and shilling? I'm actually asking rather than being sarcastic.
Also, when it came to the HST, particularly Naruto, and I'm being serious I'm this one, I honestly didn't care for who the main characters ended up with, because it was basically that the dude settled for the girl that liked him. Unpopular opinion, I know... I could care less about Bleach and OP tho.
The shippers take the rooting to extreme, they throw hate comment at other shippers then rage at the author when their ship sinks. It also happened with harry potter when Harry didn't hook up with Hermione.

Bleach had it too, fortunately Bleach's popularity tanked before shipper could get jelly that Ichigo married Orihime, not Rukia

Back