• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

AJ (Fairly Oddparents) vs Bulma (Dragon Ball)

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Why not, right? So, AJ and Bulma are fairly comparable to one another. They are both practically humans with Wall level durability. Although I think AJ's higher in that regard as he (or any kid for that matter) had survived beatings from Francis. I think Francis should scale to Vicky as Timmy had taken hits from both Francis and Vicky. Bulma would only be baseline Wall level as her rating doesn't have a calc associated with it.

In regards to their physicality, AJ... On the lower end, he's literally just a kid, but on the higher end, he can use a battering ram and dent a wall. Bulma... The profile says she's Human level, but a pamphlet put her power level at 12, so I guess they're trying to imply that Bulma is still human, but on the more athletic spectrum of humans considering a regular farmer was only rated with a power level of 5. At the same time, considering her first encounter with Goku involved her shooting Goku in the head, then relenting when Goku decided he really isn't taking that lightly, you can kinda get an idea on where she actually falls. Granted Bulma had physically dealt with Master Roshi because of his antics, but that's more for the sake of a gag than anything legit.

AJ is listed as upwards Superhuman... But I dunno, I think timing the use of Chester's braces to deflect a ray of light is quite a bit higher than Superhuman even when you do pull the aim-dodging card.

(Also, is it me, or is the verse outdated?)

Bulma... Best she could do is gun. She had made a laser gun when she was 5, but we couldn't really work that into her speed rating as she didn't shoot it; she was just showing it to ********.

In regards to their tech, Bulma is capable of making a time travel device seeing as how Future Trunks can exist. I forget the actual name of the time paradox, but it is one where the events of the past don't effect the events of the present. I recall the Butterfly Effect (where a change in one singular effect can mess up an entire timeline) and the Grandfather Clause (where removing the source of a problem causes you to forget why you went back in time in the first place, thus causing you to not exist and the event to fix itself on its own), but not the paradox shown off in the Dragon Ball series.

She had also made use of space-travel tech, although I recall that I'm pretty sure Bulma's father was the one responsible for building such machines in the first place. Aside from that, her usual brand of technology are the capsules that poof into pretty much anything she can think of, ranging from food items to vehicles and cabins. There is also PP Candy, which causes gastrointestinal distress to anyone who consumed it if a very specific Japanese onomatopoeia is uttered.

As for AJ, his gene splicer looks to be the best. He has 13 clones, which can easily mitigate the fact that Bulma has a gun since... Well, if one AJ goes down, there are still 13 AJs left to cover for him. Other than that, his technological prowess more or less matches Bulma's. Hell, even AJ's "generic tracking device" works similarly to Bulma's Dragon Radar since it can detect magical entities, although AJ's tracking device has the caveat that whatever he needs must actually fit into the device.

Abilities... Bulma practically has nothing qualifying as a superpower going for her. AJ... I dunno if having half of your face die qualifies as immortality in any degree, but that's just me. Also, apparently we can decide whether to turn Regen on or off because the profile can't decide for itself if AJ should have it or not.

For this match, AJ doesn't have his Regeneration (and that is something that can actually be done since he has the rating of "usually None" for regen). Optional equipment is allowed here.

In any case, here are their profiles:

AJ's Profile
Bulma's Profile

Who takes this?

AJ: 0
Bulma: 1 (James Plays 4 Games)
Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
Although I think AJ's higher in that regard as he (or any kid for that matter) had survived beatings from Francis. I think Francis should scale to Vicky as Timmy had taken hits from both Francis and Vicky.
Vicky and Francis both scale to the same durability feat. This isn't consistent with their usual capabilities, so it's treated as their peak that they achieve via toon force, and it would otherwise just be dismissed as an outlier. This is why A.J. doesn't scale to Francis' peak durability.
AJ is listed as upwards Superhuman... But I dunno, I think timing the use of Chester's braces to deflect a ray of light is quite a bit higher than Superhuman.

The timing seems to suggest faster than light speed, but the reason why it's not ranked as that on A.J.'s profile seems to be because Timmy, Chester and A.J. had already planned the exact actions that they were all going to do, calling it "evasive maneuver 12", so it could've contextually been a skill feat instead. Compare it to aim dodging when it has inaccurate cinematic time. The feat by A.J. might be more legitimate than that, but you should save your ideas for a content revision thread. Versus threads are about using the information that's already on the profiles of the characters.

Last edited:
Assuming that Bulma would use a gun against A.J., he could dodge, and if his clones are being used in this battle, A.J. may be able to benefit, although I have never seen him use them for a purpose in combat, so A.J. would need to come up with a plan fast. Bulma seems to be proficient enough with guns to use them in a way that would benefit her. If she built a laser gun while only five years old, is a scientist and is a gun enthusiast, then she probably has gained vast knowledge about guns, maybe even enough to use them in a way that A.J. wouldn't expect. For that reason, I think Bulma is more likely to win this battle. The characters' other capabilities that are being used in this scenario don't seem like they would ultimately be very helpful.

Ngl, The Fairly Oddparents profiles are outdated

Also, Bulma can maybe scale to Building level due to being stronger than Base Kid Goku from the Pillaf Saga

Back