• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, acceptance. I don't know the reason for keeping the Egg Beater the same tier but I have to pick the battles i'm sure of. I was sure Sonic wasn't Low 2-C till I was completely convinced otherwise.

Ok, things have change. But i've been a pest for a while now so i'm going to keep quiet till I have something to say.

Edit: My bad. Generic "sounded(lol)" serious. Even after a decade, it's hard to catch sarcasm through text.

Sonic tanking Feist's attack and then remembering Feist's power is what's stopping me from arguing further. It doesn't help that encountering Feist again happens right after the Great Harmony and less then 20 issues before Sonic's fight with Enerjak.

It sucks, but Sonic has proof to be wanked to Low 2-C durability. (Even though those feats messes with the physics of Archie Sonic's world even further...)

A 10-B human like myself can not possibly make even a foot print in sand in Archie Sonic's world.

Wait, can we even consider the humans in Archie Sonic's universe to be 10-B? (At the very least, the Overlanders can't be considered near 10-B for being an equal enemy of the Kingdom of Acorn during the Great War.)

Overlanders are very clearly more OP than normal humans. I'm pretty sure even normal Robotnik was ripping robots apart with his bare hands.

Let's get back on topic.

Someone needs to ask staff to recomment here.Aslo if someone can count the people who voted that would be nice and put thing in perspective

@ShakeResounding wait a minute, didn't Sonic tank that hit from Feist in Max Acorn's dream in issue 43? So, it was a dream Feist, conjured by King Max's memories. Unless King Max was hit by Feist, his memory shouldn't have remember the extent of power Feist had when it hit Sonic. Do you think King Max remembered a 2-C attack and it translated into a dream?

Um... -_- Flicky Island. I know Dr. Robotnik said "... These Flickies and their bizarre world had to come from outside the normal mobian reality." But then he follows it up by saying. "Such an alternative Dimension can only be powered by a Chaos Emerald."

The thing is, I did not see Al & Cal's dimension being powered by a Chaos Emerald. Or the Zone of Silence. Or the Void. So when Robotnik said that, I expect the dimension to be... something else. But all it was a statue and a black background.

Further more, when, and with a quote, when the dimension was collapsing, Dr. Robotnik said "Egad! The Flickie Zone is collapsing upon itself! The Magic ring gateway is shrinking as I speak!"

Was it because Dr. Robotnik took the Chaos Emerald that was supporting the existence of an alternate zone out of said Zone? Nope.

Dr. Robotnik, two panels earlier. "Holy cannoli! The graven idol's roar has set off a transdimensional reality-quake!" A.k.a. The Zone was collapsing not because the Emerald was taken, but by a Flicky Statue.

-_- I can not say in good faith that the Flicky spin off story supports Chaos Emeralds having the power to sustain an entire universe. I'm sure there are other evidence to support it but not the Flicky island.

Well I'm gay so I guess I'm immune. Then again, according to my pastor I wouldn't be getting into to heaven anyway. So Lose/Lose

Alright I'm (against my better judgement) actually gonna give a legitimate reasoning without joking, but can someone please clarify what's being discussed? And given the massive history of the Archieverse and the numerous lower feats nowhere near tier 4, let alone tier 2, what makes this consistent and any different from characters like Superman? Like, given that everyone from Metal to Amy scales to this, Zone busting wouldn't be as big as a deal as it's made out to be of base characters can accomplish this.

The real cal howard said:
Alright I'm (against my better judgement) actually gonna give a legitimate reasoning without joking, but can someone please clarify what's being discussed? And given the massive history of the Archieverse and the numerous lower feats nowhere near tier 4, let alone tier 2, what makes this consistent and any different from characters like Superman? Like, given that everyone from Metal to Amy scales to this, Zone busting wouldn't be as big as a deal as it's made out to be of base characters can accomplish this.
Mario Dies to black holes and Bill is Low 2-C at minimum and he's gets molested by everyone on this site.

The former ignores durability and is an incomparable case whil the latter has no relevance and I'd need you to elaborate on why that matters.

@Cal Lower feats don't invalidate higher feats. Mario has a bunch of feats in the tier 8-6 range yet he's High 4-C. Also Post-Crisis Superman has consistent 4-B feats to work with and Pre-Crisis is 2-C. Archie Base Sonic has one 4-B feat and he's 4-B not because it's consistent, but because it's a compromise for his feats being mostly either tier 8 or tier 2.

@Shadow. They do though. That's the point of consistency. That's why the tents low ends and high ends exist.

@Same reason a tier 4 dies to lava and large falls. And before you bring up the black hole cutscene at the end of Galaxy, that black hole was tier 2. Even in Galaxy 2, he outpulls the black hole in Bowser's final battle.

The real cal howard said:
If this were to go into effect so many video game characters would be downgraded.

BOTW Link gets hurt by arrows.I guess he's not 5-A.

Don't compare video games to storytelling series. Game mechanics interfere with feats in those. Comics, anime, etc. don't have their limitation and get scrutinized more for it. If this were canon Sonic you'd have a fantastic point, but it's not. Everyone and their mother would be Low 2-C due to this, which is hilariously inconsistent, given stuff below Low 2-C was seen by the currently omniscient Chaos Knuckles to know they'd die to the 4-B Ultimate Annihilator if Sonic didn't do anything about it, yet apparently even Amy could blink at it and stop it.

Lower feats don't make higher feats invalid, you would need to prove those higher feats are either outliers or invalid, and this thread is proving the consistant of low 2-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back