• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
  • Speed equalized
  • Funny Valentine has complete knowledge ove Rimuru abilities
  • Funny has 2 years of prep
  • Both in character
Love Train : 2

Rimuru :1

Last edited:
What exactly prevents Ticket to Ride from redirecting Rimuru's attacks, because they don't look infinite from the vs page?

I'm not gonna vote yet, but I still have a few questions:

1. Doesn't Rimuru have passive radiation hax? Would Love Train consider that as an attack?

2. What can Funny Valentine do against low-high regen and sleep/fear manip in this state?

3. Can't Rimuru use his busted analysis hax to win this?

I'm not gonna vote yet, but I still have a few questions:

1. Doesn't Rimuru have passive radiation hax? Would Love Train consider that as an attack?

2. What can Funny Valentine do against low-high regen and sleep/fear manip in this state?

3. Can't Rimuru use his busted analysis hax to win this?
1)speed equalized so no passives and I'm pretty sure Love Train would consider that as an attack

2)transmutation, Fusionism, Biological manipulation, BFR, Deconstruction,

3)he can do that only after absorbing the opponent

1)speed equalized so no passives and I'm pretty sure Love Train would consider that as an attack

What? Just because speed's equalized doesn't mean passives don't work whatsoever. Love Train also only seems to work against "physical" attacks and such.

2)transmutation, Fusionism, Biological manipulation, BFR, Deconstruction,

What's the range of his transmutation/biological manip? Is it in character for him to do that while he's under the effects of Love Train? His BFR only works once his opponent is close enough to him, which Rimuru can counter with his adhesive manip and by hardening himself (unless Love Train's weird sucking-in-things ability can counter that). Deconstruction isn't mentioned anywhere on his page whatsoever, so that's out of the window. His fusionism also doesn't seem to work on chars with low-high regen since he didn't completely and instantly obliterate Diego.

3)he can do that only after absorbing the opponent

Can analyze and assesses his targets, from Great Sage. While his analysis used to be limited to Predation Rimuru, after getting Gluttony, can analyze with eyesight alone like Shuna with her Analytic ability

What? Just because speed's equalized doesn't mean passives don't work whatsoever. Love Train also only seems to work against "physical" attacks and such.
Eh well Funny has Knowledge over all of Rimuru abilities including passives so Idk if this would help
.What's the range of his transmutation/biological manip? Is it in character for him to do that while he's under the effects of Love Train? His BFR only works once his opponent is close enough to him, which Rimuru can counter with his adhesive manip and by hardening himself (unless Love Train's weird sucking-in-things ability can counter that). Deconstruction isn't mentioned anywhere on his page whatsoever, so that's out of the window.
Yes it's in character, Love Train doesn't just negate attacks but it also transmute them into a misfortune and send them elsewhere in the Planet and it has like a small city range or a little bit lower :
7638029-img_20200821_203948.jpg

His fusionism also doesn't seem to work on chars with low-high regen since he didn't completely and instantly obliterate Diego.
What he did to Diogo wasn't Fusionism, here's the Fusionism feat (however he probably need to be in close range for that)

Eh well Funny has Knowledge over all of Rimuru abilities including passives so Idk if this would help

Even if he were aware of his passives, there's not much he can do about it since Steel Ball Run takes place somewhere around the end of the 19th century where there was nothing to protect yourself against radiation, especially magical radiation that's extremely toxic to organic life.

Yes it's in character, Love Train doesn't just negate attacks but it also transmute them into a misfortune and send them elsewhere in the Planet

It still isn't shown anywhere if it can redirect or transmute something like magical radiation, only "physical" objects (can't really consider Johnny's nail gun thing physical since they're created by his stand). Seeing as how it can even pull things such as houses towards it, Rimuru wouldn't be able to save himself by hardening his body, so would his adhesive manip work in that case?

What he did to Diogo wasn't Fusionism, here's the Fusionism feat (however he probably need to be in close range for that)

It seems that he does need to be somewhat close to activate it, but Rimuru should be able to use his water and adhesive manip + his regen to avoid Valentine.

Even if he were aware of his passives, there's not much he can do about it since Steel Ball Run takes place somewhere around the end of the 19th century where there was nothing to protect yourself against radiation, especially magical radiation that's extremely toxic to organic life.

It still isn't shown anywhere if it can redirect or transmute something like magical radiation, only "physical" objects (can't really consider Johnny's nail gun thing physical since they're created by his stand). Seeing as how it can even pull things such as houses towards it, Rimuru wouldn't be able to save himself by hardening his body, so would his adhesive manip work in that case?

It seems that he does need to be somewhat close to activate it, but Rimuru should be able to use his water and adhesive manip + his regen to avoid Valentine.
Based on that you vote Rimuru then?

I believe Ticket To Ride would affect the Radiation.

Ticket To Ride is described as having the ability to 'redirect misfortune.' Every example in SBR would be classed as anything that would harm Valentine, including coincidences (Land counts as misfortune, which was placed there coincidentally), so it can be assumed that it would redirect any type of damaging factor that would otherwise affect Valentine whether intentional or unintentional. Ultimately, it would not be outside the realm of possibility for Ticket To Ride to send away Electromagnetic Waves or Moving Subatomic Particles.

Is it radiation specifically, or the nature of a passive ability that isn't categorized as a 'misfortune'? Why doesn't a passive ability count as a 'misfortune'?

If Rimuru's Radiation couldn't be redirected by Ticket To Ride because of its passive nature, then what about other passive examples? Like sound-waves from an explosion loud enough to cause deafness? Or vibrations from two colliding pieces of metal high enough to cause nose bleeds? Or a toxin that slowly poisons the air?

After reading Pancake's explanation, I'm gonna have to disagree with my own arguments. Since Rimuru has no way of harming Valentine, nor did anybody answer my question about Rimuru's adhesive manip, the only thing that can be considered Rimuru's wincon here is his sleep/fear manip, which he will use right at the start of the fight (gonna need some Slime supporters to prove if I'm right or wrong on whether or not it's in-character for pre-awakening Rimuru to use this). Would Ticket to Ride consider this a form of harm?

Won't TtR consider anything that harms Valentine as a misfortune? We do not see Valentine ever deal with passives AFAIK however so not sure if he can deal with them (though like the others said, even land that's just there is affected).

However, due to Rimuru's slime physiology, barriers, regen, and gluttony, I don't think Valentine would be able to do anything to him either. Anything that's put on Rimuru will simply be instantly consumed and whatever damage even if it's possible will be regenerated, and unlike normal humans he possess no organs to be fatally affected.

I'm not too familiar with the WN version, so I'm not sure if Rimuru can just consume Valentine, Love Train included, and BFR them into his Stomach.

After reading Pancake's explanation, I'm gonna have to disagree with my own arguments. Since Rimuru has no way of harming Valentine, nor did anybody answer my question about Rimuru's adhesive manip, the only thing that can be considered Rimuru's wincon here is his sleep/fear manip, which he will use right at the start of the fight (gonna need some Slime supporters to prove if I'm right or wrong on whether or not it's in-character for pre-awakening Rimuru to use this). Would Ticket to Ride consider this a form of harm?
I do believe it would be considered unfortunate for Valentine to fall asleep during a fight. Reminder it's anything that can be considered Misfortune in Valentine's favor that Ticket To Ride affects.

If Valentine has no solid way of harming Rimuru then this would be an incon, since they're both untouchable.

Meanwhile a fatigued drawbridge operator falls asleep before he can raise the bridge to let a ship through.

Wait

My sleepy mind just remembered Rimuru's analysis and absorption.

What's stopping him from analyzing Ticket To Ride, gaining RESISTANCES TO ITS ABILITIES, and then voring Valentine?

Judging from the vsbattles page, Rimuru's analysis only works against things that harms or debuffs him, not against things that protects the enemy.

Rimuru uses Analysis to gain (according to Vsbattles and Fandom):

1. Fire resistance
  2. Poison resistance
  3. Evolved forms of his own skills
  4. Resistance against Rudra's Holy Barrier (An ability that nullified his stats)

Furthermore, I'd like to see some feats that potentially outclasses something as absolute as Ticket To Ride.

Last edited:
I think Pre DL Rimuru with only Great Sage might be insufficient to outright just analyze Ticket to Ride like how it took time to analyze Unlimited Imprisonment. Great Sage would be able to figure out Ticket to Ride's abulities in no time but not necessarily give resistances or bypasses to it, just all possible solutions.

If Rimuru has Raphael then it would be different.

I was thinking about Rimuru just eating everything within the vicinity without actually interacting with ticket to ride/Love train and its dimensional walls (since AFAIK it still has limited range of tens of meters affecting things in its vicinity, while Rimuru has tens of kilometers in range). He can start analyzing Ticket to Ride once it is within his stomach, and Valentine won't have any space to conceal himself in order to escape within a void that is created specifically to contain things within isolated space). There's also the issue whether Rimuru eating him would count as a misfortune since he's just BFRing him to a different place basically (though it might still count as an attack).

Has Funny ever used his clothes to travel? I know he used a chair once, but doesn't it usually require something that could envelope his entire body?

Also I'm not entirely sure whether or not Valentine could escape from Rimuru's Stomach considering it doesn't act the same way as regular space; it's specifically designed to contain things within it IIRC. (I'm not sure whether it happened in the WN, but in the LN, Rimuru was also trapped in a similar isolated space, despite Rimuru being able to teleport just fine especially to places he's been before. He needed to analyze the entire structure's coordinates to break free).

With Great Sage, it is also likely that she would identify the connection between Lucy and Ticket to Ride, and in the process of BFRing them, possibly separate them in different isolated space within his Stomach.

Has Funny ever used his clothes to travel? I know he used a chair once, but doesn't it usually require something that could envelope his entire body?
Here is Valentine using his ability while only his head is being crushed. Besides, his ability doesn't discriminate when it comes to anything he can be pressed between. If that's not the case he can take off his jacket and lay it over the top of himself.
Also I'm not entirely sure whether or not Valentine could escape from Rimuru's Stomach considering it doesn't act the same way as regular space; it's specifically designed to contain things within it IIRC. (I'm not sure whether it happened in the WN, but in the LN, Rimuru was also trapped in a similar isolated space, despite Rimuru being able to teleport just fine especially to places he's been before. He needed to analyze the entire structure's coordinates to break free).
Valentine found a reality where Diego was never affected by Scary Monsters, so if such differences can occur in parallel universes then he can escape Rimuru's Void by going somewhere it did not happen.

His stand functions differently from the typical 'teleport everywhere' spell. The Void Rimuru was trapped inside prevented use of Rimuru's 3-Dimensional teleportation spell, it hasn't shown the ability to guard against a 5-Dimensional teleportation ability.
With Great Sage, it is also likely that she would identify the connection between Lucy and Ticket to Ride, and in the process of BFRing them, possibly separate them in different isolated space within his Stomach.
Two ways he can overcome this:

Valentine could bring the area of his Stomach closer by using Ticket To Ride.

He can use his ability to travel to a parallel universe, then travel back using Lucy.

His stand functions differently from the typical 'teleport everywhere' spell. The Void Rimuru was trapped inside prevented use of Rimuru's 3-Dimensional teleportation spell, it hasn't shown the ability to guard against a 5-Dimensional teleportation ability.
What????

Sorry, I meant since D4C's universe hopping functions differently to Rimuru's teleportation, it would be safe to assume that the Void wouldn't affect it the same way.

Rimuru's teleportation spell lets him travel to a different place in the same reality, D4C however lets Valentine travel to the same place in a different reality.

BTW this is what I meant by the 5-dimension; 1: Length->2: Height->3: Width->4: Time->5: Parallel Universes.

1. Rimuru lacks any ability to let him get through Ticket To Ride's misfortune redirection, since none of his attacks are infinite.
  2. Valentine could escape Rimuru's Void because D4C's teleportation works differently from regular teleportation. The Void was only shown to prevent teleportation to a different place outside the Void, not preventing teleportation to the same place in a parallel universe.
  3. Valentine could kill Rimuru by using another Rimuru from a parallel universe, though it may be difficult to set up or execute.

1. Rimuru lacks any ability to let him get through Ticket To Ride's misfortune redirection, since none of his attacks are infinite.
  2. Valentine could escape Rimuru's Void because D4C's teleportation works differently from regular teleportation. The Void was only shown to prevent teleportation to a different place outside the Void, not preventing teleportation to the same place in a parallel universe.
  3. Valentine could kill Rimuru by using another Rimuru from a parallel universe, though it may be difficult to set up or execute.
Okay.

His void?

And how?

Back