• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Loser's Grand Finals] Venefica's Tier 7 Tourney: Cinner vs Leaf Girl

Bruh my phone died 💀 Also
BUUKLuU.png
The fanart glasses look so stylish! Also like the grey version of Lifeline design

Shoot, her gaining distance would be a big problem even if Cinner can cross pretty quickly with Strong Leap and the likes.
Leaf Girl can easily send him back with TK
Leaf’s speed is a good point but I think prediction to counter hers should also work. She’s seeing his moves and he’s seeing hers so it’s really a battle of who makes better calls and Cinner has good odds of winning that mind game.
So they're pretty much equal in that regard?
Leaf’s still falls under the same principle of negative uses since it’s intended to make the enemy unwilling to fight by draining will. Both are different ways of diminishing willpower which is resisted here. I think we need Leo to answer if Leaf could get the healing without the draining part working.
I guess if Cinner's will doesn't diminish, Leaf could heal indefinitely.

Leaf Girl can easily send him back with TK

So they're pretty much equal in that regard?

I guess if Cinner's will doesn't diminish, Leaf could heal indefinitely.
That’s why he’d use the buildings. To send a projectile that blocks him from sight and occupies her attention so he can get a clean hit.

Cinner does have his feat of outpredicting Rinser’s analytical prediction but Leaf’s can predict those who can blitz her so who knows.

Ok so Leaf Girl heals but Cinner’s willpower isn’t affected, I guess it evens out. She may be able to heal but Cinner just needs to get in close with his aura once to scorch her to nothing. Though I’m kinda confused on how she can’t diminish his will but can still drain it.

That’s why he’d use the buildings. To send a projectile that blocks him from sight and occupies her attention so he can get a clean hit.
She likely immediately rips it in half before Cinner can do much with that plan.
Ok so Leaf Girl heals but Cinner’s willpower isn’t affected, I guess it evens out. She may be able to heal but Cinner just needs to get in close with his aura once to scorch her to nothing.
Leaf Girl should actually have heat resistance scaling to Leaf Man, who can survive Stickman Hero's fire, albeit it did harm him quite a lot. Even then, Leaf Girl would be extremely difficult to hit with firing packed Danmaku in the thousands from all sides of her and much large Pain manip projectiles in the form of Devil Claw.

She likely immediately rips it in half before Cinner can do much with that plan.

Leaf Girl should actually have heat resistance scaling to Leaf Man, who can survive Stickman Hero's fire, albeit it did harm him quite a lot. Even then, Leaf Girl would be extremely difficult to hit with firing packed Danmaku in the thousands from all sides of her and much large Pain manip projectiles in the form of Devil Claw.
Even if she does it the second she sees it flying, he’ll be closing in pretty quickly and Tens of Meters is very within range in this scenario.

How does her scaling to Leaf Man give her heat resistance? They are completely different powerset wise and it’s not on the profile so that feels a little wonky. Also how hot is Hero’s fire again? I also wonder if Cinner’s Power Null could work on her projectiles. Demon Energy seems to come from her so it should be pretty similar to Ki which Cinner can negate. And of course he has enough speed midair to cross several meters quickly and with buildings around he should have some leeway to shield himself from the rain. Devil Claw could be blocked with Lifeline taking the blow.

When we needed them most they vanished 😔

Leo’s gone again, so I might as well try to move the debate along (Still not really leaning either though)
Even if she does it the second she sees it flying, he’ll be closing in pretty quickly and Tens of Meters is very within range in this scenario.
Leaf girl is apparently pretty used to fast-paced combat, since she’s faced off with leaf man many times, who is much faster than her and came out on top, so I don’t think ‘pretty quickly’ will be enough to get within range
How does her scaling to Leaf Man give her heat resistance? They are completely different powerset wise and it’s not on the profile so that feels a little wonky. Also how hot is Hero’s fire again?
I think maybe the logic behind that is because they are siblings therefore similair capabilities? Idk
I also wonder if Cinner’s Power Null could work on her projectiles. Demon Energy seems to come from her so it should be pretty similar to Ki which Cinner can negate. And of course he has enough speed midair to cross several meters quickly and with buildings around he should have some leeway to shield himself from the rain. Devil Claw could be blocked with Lifeline taking the blow.
If lifeline takes the blow, it could probably do so given cinners’ higher AP, but there’d still be a risk of it getting damaged. Leo says that leaf girl can spam devil claws according to Asuna vs Leaf Girl, so it couldn’t just take hits forever

Not sure about Cinner negating demon energy, I’ll probably let Leo say something about that

Leaf girl is apparently pretty used to fast-paced combat, since she’s faced off with leaf man many times, who is much faster than her and came out on top, so I don’t think ‘pretty quickly’ will be enough to get within range

I think maybe the logic behind that is because they are siblings therefore similair capabilities? Idk

If lifeline takes the blow, it could probably do so given cinners’ higher AP, but there’d still be a risk of it getting damaged. Leo says that leaf girl can spam devil claws according to Asuna vs Leaf Girl, so it couldn’t just take hits forever

Not sure about Cinner negating demon energy, I’ll probably let Leo say something about that
That’s true but Cinner has his ranged options like Lightning Breaker to close in on her from a distance even if she can react. All she’s said to do is not be hit by Leaf Man rather than outright keep him back which will be far harder here.

I think that’s what Leo was getting at but it still seems odd without showings when they have totally opposite powers.

Devil’s Claw should just get tanked given Lifeline can take slashing hits from those relative to Cinner and scales above him in dura.

That’s true but Cinner has his ranged options like Lightning Breaker to close in on her from a distance even if she can react. All she’s said to do is not be hit by Leaf Man rather than outright keep him back which will be far harder here.
I think it was said earlier that trying to say that either one of them has better prediction than the other isn’t really possible. Cinner is good with unique movesets, whilst leaf girl can keep up with peeps who can blitz her. Although I do think due to the nature of leaf girls’ prediction, she could probably react to that, especially since she shouldn’t be at a speed disadvantage cause equalised speed, which might make it easier to dodge than normal. Same could go for Cinner tho
I think that’s what Leo was getting at but it still seems odd without showings when they have totally opposite powers.
Guess we gotta just wait for him to explain that then. It’s also possible she has heat resistance because she lives in hell since she can transform into a demon? Says on her profile she has a contract with the devil if I remember correctly
Devil’s Claw should just get tanked given Lifeline can take slashing hits from those relative to Cinner and scales above him in dura.
That’s true, but leaf girl is gonna be spamming danmaku on top of that as well, like the strat was with Asuna. Cinner, like Asuna, has seen plenty of danmaku before, but dodging all of those dura neg attacks, or at least taking so many of them at once whilst trying to burn your opponent to a crisp is going to be really difficult, if not a death wish. And Cinner doesn’t really have superior range to counteract this either

Guess we gotta just wait for him to explain that then. It’s also possible she has heat resistance because she lives in hell since she can transform into a demon? Says on her profile she has a contract with the devil if I remember correctly
Him?

They're the same species (sorta) and Leaf Girl is portrayed as overall more durable.
Devil Claw attacks are quite large and Lifeline likely wouldn't block it alone.

Also sorry for not responding. I was listening to this banger.

gigadrain.gif

Going to sleep. Will respond tomorrow
If it works like Giga Drain, Leaf Girl being unable to siphon Cinner’s will should mean the healing she gets is very negligible.

On Danmaku, Cinner has buildings and aura to lessen the amount of drops he takes lowering his life force along with his travel speed.
They're the same species (sorta) and Leaf Girl is portrayed as overall more durable.

Devil Claw attacks are quite large and Lifeline likely wouldn't block it alone.

Also sorry for not responding. I was listening to this banger.
So how hot is Hero’s heat by comparison?

Cinner could also knock it away with non-phys, diverting it into a building and dissipating it.

His World better.

If it works like Giga Drain, Leaf Girl being unable to siphon Cinner’s will should mean the healing she gets is very negligible.
True
On Danmaku, Cinner has buildings and aura to lessen the amount of drops he takes lowering his life force along with his travel speed.
Leaf Girl will be trying to keep her distance so Cinner blocking with buildings won't be helpful for getting up close and Leaf Girl has Ambush Anchor to help land hits.
So how hot is Hero’s heat by comparison?
5,500°, which isn't very good comparedi to Cinner's stuff...
Cinner could also knock it away with non-phys, diverting it into a building and dissipating it.
Would he be able to do that with all her other attacks in the mix?
His World better.
The thing I linked is a SiIvaGunner rip. Anyways, Open Your Heart is obviously superior to both.

If i had to choose, im personally ever-so-slightly leaning leaf girl right now thanks to a good kit to help her out, and also ways to keep cinner at bay and away from the heat aura and his range, but my opinion might change, obviously

Leaf Girl will be trying to keep her distance so Cinner blocking with buildings won't be helpful for getting up close and Leaf Girl has Ambush Anchor to help land hits.

5,500°, which isn't very good comparedi to Cinner's stuff...

Would he be able to do that with all her other attacks in the mix?

The thing I linked is a SiIvaGunner rip. Anyways, Open Your Heart is obviously superior to both.
Damn, that’s true. But like said Anchor dragging Cinner closer could be just what he needs to push his AP advantage. And Cinner has plenty of life force to spare with his abnormal vitality, so the rain won’t be enough for Leaf to win.

So Cinner can assumedly one shot her the second she’s within range of his aura. And she has a move built for drawing him in.

He’d have to respond quickly but Leaf Girl can’t seem to overwhelm with much besides the rain which could possibly be burned/negated. He should be able to divide his attention enough to block Devil’s Claw. And if not he at least has his pain tolerance to keep going.

Bro you are straight capping, Live and Learn clears anyway and SA2 > SA1

Damn, that’s true. But like said Anchor dragging Cinner closer could be just what he needs to push his AP advantage. And Cinner has plenty of life force to spare with his abnormal vitality, so the rain won’t be enough for Leaf to win.
So Cinner can assumedly one shot her the second she’s within range of his aura. And she has a move built for drawing him in.
With an opponent like Cinner, she'd make sure to land a hit before he gets too close. She only needs one to stop Anchor and her Danmaku is in the thousands in all directions with extremely small gaps Cinner shouldn't be able to fit between.
Bro you are straight capping, Live and Learn clears anyway and SA2 > SA1
Open Your Heart and Live and Learn are equal to me, but I listened to Live and Learn way too many times.

With an opponent like Cinner, she'd make sure to land a hit before he gets too close. She only needs one to stop Anchor and her Danmaku is in the thousands in all directions with extremely small gaps Cinner shouldn't be able to fit between.

Open Your Heart and Live and Learn are equal to me, but I listened to Live and Learn way too many times.
I’m not sure if she can though. They start 40 meters apart is the thing and there are ways for Cinner to evade her sights already stated. He’s got the range in this scenario and evens out on prediction while excelling in mobility with self-momentum and midair jumps. Plus he should be able to guard at least some of the bullets.
What I’m made of is the best one
Underrated. Just like Sonic and the Secret Rings. Seven Rings in Hand, The Rocking Place, It Has Come To This, etc. Though as a game Sonic Heroes is kinda middle of the barrel. And Sonic and the Secret Rings isn’t.

I’m not sure if she can though. They start 40 meters apart is the thing and there are ways for Cinner to evade her sights already stated. He’s got the range in this scenario and evens out on prediction while excelling in mobility with self-momentum and midair jumps. Plus he should be able to guard at least some of the bullets.
Leaf girl starts off straight away with TK and danmaku anyway i believe. She seems to be a fairly long-distance fighter

I think an important thing for determining this fight whether or not Cinner’s power null works on Leaf Girl’s Demonic Energy. Ki is physical energy, so if DE is similar to that his case becomes a lot more solid even with TK in the way.

Back