• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[SEMIFINAL1] Venefica's Tier 7 Tourney: Leaf Girl vs Maka Albarn

Original Tourney Thread
Tourney Bracket
Votes
CharacterKeyVotes

Leaf Girl

Virtual Tournament Arc0
Maka AlbarnGrigori Arc to Dark Side of the Moon Arc0
Inconclusive0
Well everyone, after a couple very long and very close battles, we've made it to the first semifinal. It's Leaf girl vs Maka Albarn! Winner will advance to the final round, while the loser will advance to the fourth round of the losers bracket.

40 meters starting distance with equal speed.

Leaf Girl is at 7-A.
Maka Albarn is at 7-A.

Leaf Girl’s first move is telekinesis, however Maka has far superior LS (Class Z) and Flight to counteract this. She also has some experience with Danmaku and some endurance to take Leaf Girl’s dura neg, so I wonder just how this will go for the duo.

Well hang on, though she is confirmed weaker, she should still just downscale from Black Star who performed a Class E feat. I think we can assume she resists the TK with foggy LS and flight to fight it.

What can Maka do against Leaf Girl hiding behind multiple barriers and firing Danmaku non-stop?
She has flight which Leaf Girl can’t replicate. As for barriers, Maka will have to deal attacks to those. She does have big moves like Witch Hunter and of course Kishin Hunter to use. I should note the only reason Maka struggled to land Kishin Hunt was because Asura was so much stronger and more experienced due to being a god. Plus Kishin Hunt is specifically built for purging demons like Leaf Girl.
She also has passive fear manip to keep Marker away and can drain Malala's will to fight to heal herself.
Thats true but Maka has faced great amounts of fear before and kept going. Soul is also right there in her corner, facing fear with your most trusted friend should be easier than doing it alone. That’s kinda how the Soul Eater anime (not manga) ends. She and Soul also have their empathetic manipulation to keep Leaf Girl still for a second and land a killing blow.

Btw what’s Leaf Girl’s AP value? Just trying to calc Nightmare Hero I got 127.64 Megatons. Maka is far stronger than her second key which is far stronger than the first which scales to this. I’d estimate like 400-500 Megatons as a fair marker for her strength.

The feat Maka scales to is just like 2 megatons below that, so she definitely takes a decent AP advantage here. Will that affect the forcefields or are they really invincible?
They should go down after multiple repeated hits. They were able to completely block attacks from Terminator, who is ~68 Megatons. Leaf Girl can stack these on top of each other however, making her pretty hard to touch.

Thats true but Maka has faced great amounts of fear before and kept going. Soul is also right there in her corner, facing fear with your most trusted friend should be easier than doing it alone. That’s kinda how the Soul Eater anime (not manga) ends.
Yeah, I don't have an argument for this.
I’d estimate like 400-500 Megatons as a fair marker for her strength.
That's not how upscaling works.
She and Soul also have their empathetic manipulation to keep Leaf Girl still for a second and land a killing blow.
She isn't going to one-shot Leaf Girl, and to even get to her, they'd have to break all of her forcefields in one second, which just isn't possible.

Yeah, I don't have an argument for this.

That's not how upscaling works.

She isn't going to one-shot Leaf Girl, and to even get to her, they'd have to break all of her forcefields in one second, which just isn't possible.
How do we quantify 2 levels of far higher than before?

Yeah but if she breaks out the Hunts, she should be able to get through relatively quickly, and since Leaf Girl would be disabled, she wouldn’t put up more shields to get in their way. There’s also the fact Leaf is gonna struggle heavily to really retaliate with Maka’s skill and mobility options.

How do we quantify 2 levels of far higher than before?
Idk. Maka would just have a small AP advantage ig.
Yeah but if she breaks out the Hunts, she should be able to get through relatively quickly,
Even then, it'd still take 2 hits per shield at least.
There’s also the fact Leaf is gonna struggle heavily to really retaliate with Maka’s skill and mobility options.
She'd be constantly spamming Hell's Rain, which is Danmaku in the thousands. She'd have to perfectly maneuver around the extremely small gaps between bullets. Just like real rainz it comes from above, and effectively covers the entire area around her. Every time Maka is hit with the bullets makes Leaf Girl stronger. Even if Maka gets close to Leaf Girl, she'd be leaving herself open to a point-blank energy blast, which would do massive damage because of Leaf Girl's stat amps through Hell's Rain.

Idk. Maka would just have a small AP advantage ig.

Even then, it'd still take 2 hits per shield at least.

She'd be constantly spamming Hell's Rain, which is Danmaku in the thousands. She'd have to perfectly maneuver around the extremely small gaps between bullets. Just like real rainz it comes from above, and effectively covers the entire area around her. Every time Maka is hit with the bullets makes Leaf Girl stronger. Even if Maka gets close to Leaf Girl, she'd be leaving herself open to a point-blank energy blast, which would do massive damage because of Leaf Girl's stat amps through Hell's Rain.
Idk, when I think of far higher I think at least above 50. Doesn’t seem there’s a specific number though so maybe it’s lower.

Probably if they can take AP close to/above them.

That definitely changes things, though Black Blood can nearly instantly recover fatal wounds. If they really are just rain drops taking life force, I think Maka can recover. She also already starts with the lead and has her flight to eventually let her escape faster than she would on land.

Probably if they can take AP close to/above them.
They're specifically made to block hits from people far stronger than her. As a Low 7-B, her barriers can block hits from 7-As.
That definitely changes things, though Black Blood can nearly instantly recover fatal wounds
Even then, Leaf Girl can just keep Maka distracted with the bullets and simultaneously drain her will to fight. Maka likely wouldn't be able to get to her before she loses the will to fight completely for reasons I've already mentioned.

Maka can fly at high speeds like when she went through Gopher’s Danmaku and Soul has his empathetic manipulation for a temporary halt to Leaf Girl draining their will. Also I wonder, if Leaf Girl is specifically targeting Maka and doesn’t know Soul is sentient, would Soul be able to help her?

Maka can fly at high speeds like when she went through Gopher’s Danmaku
Which doesn't mean much when speed is equalized and the bullets are close together enough to the point that flying would only get her hit more.
and Soul has his empathetic manipulation for a temporary halt to Leaf Girl draining their will.
How often do they use that offensively in character? Anyway, it seems like this only slows down the process considering Leaf Girl's defenses.
Also I wonder, if Leaf Girl is specifically targeting Maka and doesn’t know Soul is sentient, would Soul be able to help her?
They would probably give it away when trying to coordinate and Leaf Girl would probably get suspicious seeing an eye on the "scythe" Maka is wielding.

Which doesn't mean much when speed is equalized and the bullets are close together enough to the point that flying would only get her hit more.

How often do they use that offensively in character? Anyway, it seems like this only slows down the process considering Leaf Girl's defenses.

They would probably give it away when trying to coordinate and Leaf Girl would probably get suspicious seeing an eye on the "scythe" Maka is wielding.
Fair, but I still think she could clear it in a minute or so and she has plenty of willpower to spare.

They did only use it once against Giriko that I can remember, but at the same time it was already endgame and later enemies like Asura likely would’ve just negged it.

Idk since this Soul is just a piano scythe and seems to talk with Maka in their mindscape they go to like against Crona

Fair, but I still think she could clear it in a minute or so and she has plenty of willpower to spare.
Leaf Girl can still just stall with barriers and Danmaku long enough for the effect to incap Maka.
They did only use it once against Giriko that I can remember, but at the same time it was already endgame and later enemies like Asura likely would’ve just negged it.
Then I think it's unlikely they'd use it offensively, let alone more than once.
Idk since this Soul is just a piano scythe and seems to talk with Maka in their mindscape they go to like against Crona
Right. I forgot what key she was in. But with Maka incapacitated, I don't think Soul could do nearly as much as the two together. I think I'll vote Leaf Girl FRA.

Leaf Girl can still just stall with barriers and Danmaku long enough for the effect to incap Maka.

Then I think it's unlikely they'd use it offensively, let alone more than once.

Right. I forgot what key she was in. But with Maka incapacitated, I don't think Soul could do nearly as much as the two together. I think I'll vote Leaf Girl FRA.
It’s not like Maka will just be throwing one attack at a time, especially if she is being sapped of her strength. She has her martial arts to combo off the scythe and Letter I Slash for a projectile. The shields only take about 2 hits to break.

Maybe, but just one could still help a lot, especially given they used it almost off rip against Giriko once Maka got serious.

Guess that means he can’t help, still I don’t think Leaf Girl will completely consume her will before Maka gets the good hit she needs to cut Leaf apart. I think Black Blood letting her eat up the rain should let her get in and do a good string of hits to break the shields.

The shields only take about 2 hits to break.
That was a high-ball I gave for her strongest attacks, and after reviewing Leaf Girl's stats, I don't think they would go down that easy.
Maybe, but just one could still help a lot, especially given they used it almost off rip against Giriko once Maka got serious.
They would need to break through at least 3 layers of barriers, which just isn't possible in a second.
Guess that means he can’t help, still I don’t think Leaf Girl will completely consume her will before Maka gets the good hit she needs to cut Leaf apart. I think Black Blood letting her eat up the rain should let her get in and do a good string of hits to break the shields.
A single "good hit" wouldn't be enough to kill Leaf Girl, and she could just as easily dodge Maka's attacks. She can dodge things from Leaf Man who is far, far faster than she is. She could just reinforce her barriers to stall Maka.

Back