• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Losers R5M1] Venefica's Tier 7 Tourney: Cinner vs Haruka (REMATCH)

I’m not so sure that scaling to Asuna is so fair in the previously mentioned aspects if Haruka hasn’t demonstrated the potential to match her feats of adaptation and/or experience.

What has Haruka actually done and demonstrated in the story? You can’t just go off of the potential of what she can do forever even though her appearances seem limited
Well, Haruka can toy around with Shizu for most of their fight, (She was caught off guard once or twice due to Shizu’s emotional empowerment, but she countered pretty swiftly) and Asuna should be at least somewhat comparable to that, even if she is technically stronger than Shizu. This is especially true since, once again, this is not Haruka at full power. I think I’ve said this before. That’s why I’m scaling to Asuna so much.

Well, Haruka can toy around with Shizu for most of their fight, (She was caught off guard once or twice due to Shizu’s emotional empowerment, but she countered pretty swiftly) and Asuna should be at least somewhat comparable to that, even if she is technically stronger than Shizu. This is especially true since, once again, this is not Haruka at full power. I think I’ve said this before. That’s why I’m scaling to Asuna so much.
The RE is somewhat based off willpower right? Isn’t Asuna some sort of outlier or am I getting something different from these statements?

The RE is somewhat based off willpower right? Isn’t Asuna some sort of outlier or am I getting something different from these statements?
It is, but i think saying it’s an outlier is a bit of a stretch if Haruka is technically superior unless I’m missing something?

It is, but i think saying it’s an outlier is a bit of a stretch if Haruka is technically superior unless I’m missing something?
Isn't it true that haruka has years of experience compared to Asuna's days or even just weeks? If they're even remotely comparable than Asuna is an extreme outlier, which I suppose is par for the course when it comes to a main character

I mean her willpower being beyond most others in the verse
There are definitely characters with much stronger willpower than even Asuna is capable of, yeah. Chidori for example can train constantly in stopped time for a whole century straight (In her perception) according to her, which definitely gives you levels of willpower that Asuna hasn’t shown yet

^ So, I would say Asuna’s is beyond most others (Which would include fodder background characters and such) which is kind of why she’s still alive right now, but there are characters that blow Asuna out of the water in this case

^ So, I would say Asuna’s is beyond most others (Which would include fodder background characters and such) which is kind of why she’s still alive right now, but there are characters that blow Asuna out of the water in this case
Goblins solo the bakuhatsu verse no diff frfr

Isn't it true that haruka has years of experience compared to Asuna's days or even just weeks? If they're even remotely comparable than Asuna is an extreme outlier, which I suppose is par for the course when it comes to a main character
Well, Haruka is most definitely far superior, yeah. If she wasn’t holding back she would have beaten Shizu in 10 seconds flat (Which, for plot reasons, her reason for holding back was to not only spite Asuna, but to also actually to make Asuna overconfident and believe that’s her full strength, since Haruka is basically in the adventurers tournament specifically to beat her. Asuna does something next chapter to overcome this skill disadvantage cause Chidori clutch before the fight, but no spoilers 👀)

But since this is suppressed Haruka, AKA, not full power haruka, does that make a difference?

Well, Haruka is most definitely far superior, yeah. If she wasn’t holding back she would have beaten Shizu in 10 seconds flat (Which, for plot reasons, was to not only make a fool out of her to spite Asuna, but to also actually to make Asuna overconfident and believe that’s her full strength, since Haruka is basically in the adventurers tournament specifically to beat her. Asuna does something next chapter to overcome this cause Chidori clutch before the fight, but no spoilers 👀)
But she doesn't feel superior at all when it comes to both willpower and adaptation, you've already touted both of these things for Asuna very much countless times in every thread she's been in. Haruka has years of experience as an Adventurer, yet Asuna who is brand new is not only comparable to her already, but apparently able to even overcome her, albeit with a bit of outside help which you just admitted. All of this while, again, Asuna is very new. You can't really have it both ways by scaling to Asuna who is evidently supremely outclassing Haruka there. It's pretty clear that Asuna is actually the one who is far superior, but only when it comes to this specific aspect of them both.

It feels pretty whack to be scaling these aspects to Asuna now that this is pretty clearly the situation.

But she doesn't feel superior at all when it comes to both willpower and adaptation, you've already touted both of these things for Asuna very much countless times in every thread she's been in. Haruka has years of experience as an Adventurer, yet Asuna who is brand new is not only comparable to her already, but apparently able to even overcome her, albeit with a bit of outside help which you just admitted. All of this while, again, Asuna is very new. You can't really have it both ways by scaling to Asuna who is evidently supremely outclassing Haruka there. It's pretty clear that Asuna is actually the one who is far superior, but only when it comes to this specific aspect of them both.
I meant comparable, as in, Haruka should be able to do this because she’s superior. Maybe I worded something incorrectly, but I don’t think I said Asuna was superior to Haruka completely. The only reason she beat Haruka in this tourney is because this is the suppressed version of Haruka, y’know, the one against Shizu. I think that’s made clear from her key name (Hence, “Suppressed”). The actual full power Haruka is far, far stronger than this. Which is why Asuna won’t win on her own current kit.

I think you’re also underestimating just how much outside help Chidori by herself is. She taught Asuna luck and time magic, which are a huge help for both Asuna and Shizu right now. It’s not just a “bit” it’s ALOT in this case. Chidori can amp up Asuna greatly pretty quickly, which she’s already done before.

Last edited:
I meant comparable, as in, Haruka should be able to do this because she’s superior. Maybe I worded something incorrectly, but I don’t think I said Asuna was superior to Haruka completely. The only reason she beat Haruka in this tourney is because this is the suppressed version of Haruka, y’know, the one against Shizu. I think that’s made clear from her key name (Hence, “Suppressed”). The actual full power Haruka is far, far stronger than this

I think you’re also underestimating just how much outside help Chidori by herself is. She taught Asuna luck and time magic, which are a huge help for both Asuna and Shizu right now. It’s not just a “bit” it’s ALOT in this case. Chidori can amp up Asuna greatly pretty quickly, which she’s already done.
Again it’s not about power, it’s potential, adaptation, and willpower, which Asuna CLEARLY has a heavy advantage in regardless of who’s helping her on the outside, and this being the suppressed version doesn’t mean she can just access that higher power, after all it’s her “suppressed key”

I’d also wager that Asuna’s actual feats of mid battle advancement and willpower demonstration far outclass Haruka’s, and I have no clue why you would be one to dispute that after everything you’ve said about Asuna before. Once more I don’t think scaling to Asuna is legitimate in this fight due to tangible feats of these things and previous statements made. Therefore, I don’t really foresee her winning against Cinner.

Again it’s not about power, it’s potential, adaptation, and willpower, which Asuna CLEARLY has a heavy advantage in regardless of who’s helping her on the outside, and this being the suppressed version doesn’t mean she can just access that higher power, after all it’s her “suppressed key”

I’d also wager that Asuna’s actual feats of mid battle advancement and willpower demonstration far outclass Haruka’s, and I have no clue why you would be one to dispute that after everything you’ve said about Asuna before. Once more I don’t think scaling to Asuna is legitimate in this fight due to tangible feats of these things and previous statements made. Therefore, I don’t really foresee her winning against Cinner.
That’s because Haruka doesn’t have nearly enough screentime right now to make that overly clear. But I have shown what the canon implications are as of current, and that’s that Haruka is a big threat to Asuna and Shizu right now, and for a reason. I know that it’s kind of a problem (I acknowledged it when I was first submitting her I believe, but you allowed her in) but I’m trying to make it as clear as possible with what’s been shown so far.

That’s because Haruka doesn’t have nearly enough screentime right now to make that overly clear. But I have shown what the canon implications are as of current, and that’s that Haruka is a big threat to Asuna and Shizu right now, and for a reason. I know that it’s kind of a problem (I acknowledged it when I was first submitting her I believe, but you allowed her in) but I’m trying to make it as clear as possible with what’s been shown so far.
Well yeah I did allow her, but we can't be using stuff you have down for the future in this thread and even implications of things aren't to be taken as absolutes, especially in vs threads.

"3. Way more willpower than shizu. If asuna gets trapped in the void of despair, she'll have a much easier time breaking out than shizu did, who needed the POwEr oF frIEnDshIp to escape (Not literally lol, but you get the point. Shizu needed mental amps) Haruka also has plenty of will in her own right, she literally survived as a lone adventurer for years, which is no small feat in the world they live in at all, but asuna should at least be her equal in this regard. She's literally living her dream, even if it's more torturous than the real world was."

You said this in the Haruka vs Asuna thread, so an admission has already occurred. If Asuna is at least her equal in this regard', with that kind of experience gap, it's already clear who the superior one is and again it's not close. This is why she can't simply be scaled up to Asuna's abilities in this case.

Well, I think that must’ve been an error on my part (I should really jot this stuff down) but wouldn’t equal will mean Haruka can do exactly what Asuna did still? Haruka is still more experienced, after all.

Well, I think that must’ve been an error on my part (I should really jot this stuff down) but wouldn’t equal will mean Haruka can do exactly what Asuna did still? Haruka is still more experienced, after all.
Well, that's the thing I've been trying to get at

Their will cannot be equal according to the lore you've made, at least not yet, and that is actually because of Haruka being more experienced. Let me explain.

See, Haruka has been surviving years in this place which is supposedly extremely difficult to survive in. Meanwhile, Asuna gets sent there suddenly and after a very short time is basically already equally capable compared with Haruka. There's a very obvious difference between the two, see? Asuna has Haruka heavily outclassed in this aspect. Asuna's lesser experience/skill ratio far exceeds Haruka's strictly because Haruka is more experienced. Not to mention, once again, her lack of feats which makes it very hard to believe that she could be equal or even remotely comparable at all. You quite literally have Asuna's willpower listed as 'indomitable' on her profile with a series of explanations AND feats, meanwhile Haruka just has 'supernatural' with one sentence. I'm sorry, but it's pretty clear how it really is 🗿 Nobody is able to justify scaling with Asuna for willpower

Plus you have multiple contradictory statements about how Haruka's willpower actually is. On her profile it states 'should be comparable to Shizu and Asuna', but not only does she not have the feats to back it up, in the previous reply I sent which included one of your reasons why Asuna beats Haruka, you clearly state Way more willpower than shizu AND Shizu needed mental amps as justification so you had clear intent (as you possess word of god for both of them) on letting the world know that Haruka actually isn't comparable to Asuna at all, and I feel like trying to roll that all back now in this situation might be a bit disingenuous and again results in more inconsistencies, and feats that are upcoming aren't allowed to be considered either way

Their will cannot be equal according to the lore you've made, at least not yet, and that is actually because of Haruka being more experienced. Let me explain.

See, Haruka has been surviving years in this place which is supposedly extremely difficult to survive in. Meanwhile, Asuna gets sent there suddenly and after a very short time is basically already equally capable compared with Haruka. There's a very obvious difference between the two, see? Asuna has Haruka heavily outclassed in this aspect. Asuna's lesser experience/skill ratio far exceeds Haruka's strictly because Haruka is more experienced. Not to mention, once again, her lack of feats which makes it very hard to believe that she could be equal or even remotely comparable at all. You quite literally have Asuna's willpower listed as 'indomitable' on her profile with a series of explanations AND feats, meanwhile Haruka just has 'supernatural' with one sentence. I'm sorry, but it's pretty clear how it really is 🗿 Nobody is able to justify scaling with Asuna for willpower

Plus you have multiple contradictory statements about how Haruka's willpower actually is. On her profile it states 'should be comparable to Shizu and Asuna', but not only does she not have the feats to back it up, in the previous reply I sent which included one of your reasons why Asuna beats Haruka, you clearly state Way more willpower than shizu AND Shizu needed mental amps as justification so you had clear intent (as you possess word of god for both of them) on letting the world know that Haruka actually isn't comparable to Asuna at all, and I feel like trying to roll that all back now in this situation might be a bit disingenuous and again results in more inconsistencies, and feats that are upcoming aren't allowed to be considered either way
Well, I think I did put them as equal there, at least for now, but I guess what you’re saying does make sense. Maybe my judgement is just being clouded from things that are happening in future chapters, but idk

Well, I think I did put them as equal there, at least for now, but I guess what you’re saying does make sense. Maybe my judgement is just being clouded from things that are happening in future chapters, but idk
Can we go back to the vs cinner debate?

My big point is basically that I don’t think scaling to Asuna for the things I mentioned above
is very plausible right now, everything else sure, but i think it’s clear how I feel about willpower and such 🗿

I think this whole thing started when minty asked about RE, so let’s get back there. He said that Asuna is an outlier, and for now that point definitely stands according to what has been said here, so Cinner overall is still at an advantage, and I think it’s getting very close to voting times

I think this whole thing started when minty asked about RE, so let’s get back there. He said that Asuna is an outlier, and for now that point definitely stands according to what has been said here, so Cinner overall is still at an advantage, and I think it’s getting very close to voting times
Colton wouldn't let this slide tbh

and I think it’s getting very close to voting times
Agree with Vene, numerous arguments have been made on all important factors and they got answers, the voting time should happen. Its namely this point that circled tremendously in past matches for 5+ pages...

Well, I feel like with how many different opponents he would have trapped and faced off with in the dark forest, combined with his experience makes that a tiny bit debatable, especially since that’d still be a massive gap Asuna and Shizu could both cross fairly quickly.

In fact, Kedron terrifies most of his victims so much that they’d rather die than have to lay eyes on him, like that guy with the torn off arm Asuna and the gang encountered when they got trapped there. Without going into too much detail, Kedron is arrogant, as shown during their fight, so he would have thrown someone into the dark forest that was pretty experienced and still toys with them pretty easily. And Asuna was carrying the whole time, (Being the gurren lagann willpower mf that she is) until Shizu went half-demon mode and helped finish him off.

So, I think Kedron should be at least considerably skilled and experienced in comparison to SDS characters, even if he’s still lacking in actual feats, cause he’s dead. (Lol) And Haruka should upscale from that pretty easily. So, while Cinner should still be more skilled and experienced than this, Especially since he’s been training for a lot longer than Haruka herself, I don’t think the gap would be quite as big as implied. At least, it wouldn’t be impossible to adapt to. Especially if Asuna can cross a gap like the one she was up against that fast. (Literally, Kedron was hundreds of times more experienced in that instance)
Those wizards could’ve been rather simple and non haxy. Cinner has faced people with good stuff like poison, portal creation, gravity manipulation, durability negation, etc. Without elaboration, it doesn’t seem to match up. And on scaring opponents, that’s one of Kaint’s things with only really strong characters being able to resist his fear aura. Toying with skilled opponents also kinda matches up with Dice. I envision him as just being there to mess things up and make chaos yet he beat Omega V handily whose High 7-C feat is a basis of scaling for all the top tiers in the verse. And of course Cinner beat him like mid diff with all the skill he gained. Kedron could definitely be a high tier in the tournament, but after that the feats kinda get ridiculous on my part.
My big point is basically that I don’t think scaling to Asuna for the things I mentioned above
is very plausible right now, everything else sure, but i think it’s clear how I feel about willpower and such 🗿

If Haruka really can’t adapt and Cinner holds all his advantages letting him get in, I’ll vote for him.

Back