• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord of the Rings revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually derailing. We have right now 14 pages and I don't like it to drag further. Please focus on the topic.

@Antvasima I only agree with possibly rating for Ainur since there is no AP feats, no AP statements, only being in the same existence plane as Eru which make it even harder since Eru existence plane is actually author placement, so unless there is absolutely no anti-feats for the story, I only agree with possibly rating.

Apologies
Sorry

This is actually derailing. We have right now 14 pages and I don't like it to drag further. Please focus on the topic.

@Antvasima I only agree with possibly rating for Ainur since there is no AP feats, no AP statements, only being in the same existence plane as Eru which make it even harder since Eru existence plane is actually author placement, so unless there is absolutely no anti-feats for the story, I only agree with possibly rating.

Apologies
I think that seems more reasonable than regular ratings.

A likely rating sounds fine. Although I will note that there is no real anti-feats for then not having a solid rating.

Every action that the (pre-Eä) Ainur do is against either each other, or with each other. They don't affect scaling outside each other (and Eru via being far weaker than him.)

A likely rating sounds fine. Although I will note that there is no real anti-feats for then not having a solid rating.

Every action that the (pre-Eä) Ainur do is against either each other, or with each other. They don't affect scaling outside each other (and Eru via being far weaker than him.)
I am really iffy about it. I would only agree with possibly rating.

I mean not offence, but it does sound like your position is mostly just from skepticism.

They don't scale outside their own group.

All their actions and conflicts take place outside the universe.

There isn't a solid anti-feat to bring them down in this key. Other characters have reached solid ratings on this wiki for similar reasons.

Yet, the author perceives the whole reality plane as mere fiction but Ainur with absolutely 0 AP feats, 0 AP statements and only one statement of being in the same existence plane? Call it skepticism.

Possibly rating is suffient from my side.

Yet, the author perceives the whole reality plane as mere fiction but Ainur with absolutely 0 AP feats, 0 AP statements and only one statement of being in the same existence plane? Call it skepticism.

Possibly rating is suffient from my side.
I have presented multiple arguments and pieces of evidence. That sort of statement is very much unjustified.

You haven't even addressed the very valid point that Eru frankly sees them as real, calls them outright "mighty".

Tolkien has multiple statements of them existing on Eru’s level across sources.

Etc

This isn't a case where I'm presenting a single line of evidence.

So are they authors as well?
They are seen as real things by the "author" and are treated as "mighty" to him (albeit he also asserts his own superiority.)

They exist on his level of existence according to multiple sources (Silmarillion, Letters, etc. I'm not posting the same sources again due to clutter, I've already done it above or in previous pages.)

They even have the shared title of "sub-creators", aka the title Tolkien uses to refer to himself and other writers of fiction. A title he uses as he views God (or in this case Eru) as the only creator.

(albeit this is something he is likely using in a literal sense, given he was referring to the Ainur literally aiding in the universe's creation.)

Alright, likely rating sounds reasonable, but you need to share references of each claim you made and add it in the justification.

Alright, likely rating sounds reasonable, but you need to share references of each claim you made and add it in the justification.
That's fine. I've already posted the quotes in previous comments, so I'll need to just navigate to them and link them when I have time.

Should I have the references on each page for the Ainur? Or can I just put the references on the most relevant pages/a relevant page and link other profiles to that one.

the latter
Thanks for your help.

I assume the multiple aforementioned statements of superiority to the universe (which we already established as low 2-C).

Is enough to maintain their solid Low 2-C rating. (Alongside their Likely Low 1-C)

Just so I can change the wording to a more accurate description than the debunked (thanks to Merchant) idea they viewed reality as a "drama".

Thanks for your help.

I assume the multiple aforementioned statements of superiority to the universe (which we already established as low 2-C).

Is enough to maintain their solid Low 2-C rating. (Alongside their Likely Low 1-C)

Just so I can change the wording to a more accurate description than the debunked (thanks to Merchant) idea they viewed reality as a "drama".
Hi tyranno, please PM me, i have some doubts about lotr Cosmology.

Just send a message to my wall or something. I'll answer you there.
d2f527a76043bbb9adda51245d0a4931.png

So have we reached an agreement of "At least Low 2-C, likely Low 1-C" statistics for The Ainur?

I think so, yes.

You should write a list here of the exactly worded titles of any pages that you need me to unlock.

There is a composite page, but I'm half convinced it should be deleted. It's essentially every Ainu page in one, making it redundant.

It's also heavily outdated and an utter pain to look through.

So to recap real quick Eru is considered 5D (Just gonna stick with these labels lol) since he is the "Omnipotent" in the lore and Infinitely trasncends everything else and holds Eä literally in his thoughts and is the Author + he is the only one who can change the Music (basically reality warping, changing history, etc) and creates laws that are "impossible" to break.

As for the Ainur being 5D it's a small possibility. While Eä, which Time is considered its "lifeblood" more or less the highest dimensionality stated, is as "real" as the Ainur, we know the Ainur existed outside of it even after it was created. The phrase that could support the Ainur transcending a 4D Reality (Eä in this case) is when they entered it they became "Bounded" by Time, more or less becoming restricted or limited because now they essentially become 3D beings.

They also initially resided in the Timeless Halls which as the name implies is a dimension where Time doesn't exist either, so that's another caveat to imply 5D Ainur.

At the very least they should be 4D before the existence of Eä thanks to that statement that Eä became as "Real" as them when Eru brought it into being.

I'll get into the Elven stuff later.

There is a composite page, but I'm half convinced it should be deleted. It's essentially every Ainu page in one, making it redundant.

It's also heavily outdated and an utter pain to look through.
Well, I suppose that I can delete our Ainur page if you wish, but the links to it in the following pages also need to be removed.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:WhatLinksHere?target=The+Ainur&namespace=0
@Dereck03

Would you be willing to handle this please?

Got Fall of Númenor today and Eru is called "The All-Powerful Transcendent creator" not sure if that was posted here, the key word there is "Transcendent" Admittedly this was written by Brian Shipley not by Tolkien himself nor his son so unsure how we will take this evidence, ofc I see that Catholic dogma being used from earlier so it's fair game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back