• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord Boros vs Pikachu *Intense Laughing* Here we go again.

What do you mean effciency?

He just puts up a barrier towards an attack he doesnt want to take. Unless he used it literally for the previous attak from before CSRC, it'll work, and hell it would even then still have a decent chance of working.

Is this still a discussion on why Boros does not stomp?

AquaWaifu said:
What do you mean effciency?

He just puts up a barrier towards an attack he doesnt want to take. Unless he used it literally for the previous attak from before CSRC, it'll work, and hell it would even then still have a decent chance of working.
Efficiency meaning how good something is at doing its purpose, in this case, defend.

Its good enough to protect against stuff that can do severe damage. Like this is Pokemon, its kinda hard to get super detailed "limits" on what Protect can deal with. Usage in the games is mechanicl so thats useless, and anime and manga is....spotty I assume due to plot.

AquaWaifu said:
Its good enough to protect against stuff that can do severe damage. Like this is Pokemon, its kinda hard to get super detailed "limits" on what Protect can deal with. Usage in the games is mechanicl so thats useless, and anime and manga is....spotty I assume due to plot.
In this case, we say that Protect is capable of completly nulifying attacks that aren't far superior to the user of Protect.

AquaWaifu said:
I feel like it should be above "arent far" that would make it kinda of useless.
Ofc not. Blocking anything your opponent may thrown at you? How is that useless?

I feel like someone who knows the supplementary material more than me should find instances of Protect working against stuff that could oneshot the user or vastly above their power.

Even if they survive will they be able to live on a completely destroyed surface?

>I don't know what game you were playing, but Protect works on Brick Break.

Weird, I remember bypassing protect with BB in emerald

in older versions of pokemon brick break broke through protect but those were really old games like blue, green, red, and yellow version i believe.

Bob8999 said:
in older versions of pokemon brick break broke through protect but those were really old games like blue, green, red, and yellow version i believe.
Protect wasn't introduced until gen 2. The bulbapedia page shows all the moves that aren't affected by the move.

Boros' Regenerationn isn't going to be helping him anymore if he uses a CSRC and they get amped to the point where they can survive it. They start off in a state where they practically get one shotted by it, but can amp to the point where they could get a W, the profile even makes note of it.

Again, it's not a stomp or impossible for them to win, Boros is just far more likely to be able to get a W off faster here.

I'm pretty sure you can survive a hit more than 20x worth your durability if you have High-Mid regen.

HenryWong122 said:
Bob8999 said:
Protect wasn't introduced until gen 2. The bulbapedia page shows all the moves that aren't affected by the move.
im like 90% certain it was a thing in blue version but then again i havent played that in like 15 years.

Bob8999 said:
HenryWong122 said:
Bob8999 said:
im like 90% certain it was a thing in blue version but then again i havent played that in like 15 years.
I'm 100% certain your wrong. https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Protect

i think that pikachu and groundon can have an advantage, Groundon can buff himself with Bulk Up (i think to 4x) and heal with rest, both pikachu and groundon(he can learn electric moves) have a chance to paralize Borus, stastistc reduction and groundon moves become stronger in sunlight

Does the anime depict how Rest works? I can't recall any instance of it being explained or depicted. If there are no examples, you'd have to question how long a 'turn' is to figure out how long Groudon would be immobile.

i believe its used several times in the anime (cant think of specific examples but id bet money that a snorlax used it atleast once.). most of the time it seems to last atleast a few minutes.

Groundon can learn Sleep Talk, but i don't know if Groundon can use also the moves that he learn from TM's in this match, despite this i think that Pikachu and Groundon can have some advantage if they buff themselves

Back