• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord Boros vs Pikachu *Intense Laughing* Here we go again.

Are these hax used in character? Also the BFR is probably not happening lol.

Yes, Paralysis can happen just by hitting Pikachu. Stat Amps and Debuffs are more so if they are having trouble with their opponent. I'm gonna be honest, I've never seen Groudon BFR someone, all it says on his profile is Underground BFR.

Interesting, I guess the main question is does Boros kill them before they do anything that might do something? And even if they do do something could they kill him before he does CSRC

Btw these stat amps, how much do they boost their AP/Dura

Well, Thunder Armor is the one I remember the most and it amps you to the point of One-Shotting something you couldn't even Scratch before hand and it amps your Durability to the same extent. It also gives a minor boost in speed. I think someone mentioned they could use Bulk Up as well which increases their Durability if I'm not mistaken.

Groudon's BFR comes from Fissure which I don't even think that's going to be useful unless they get Boros on the ground for an extended period of time, which is very unlikely. Paralysis isn't guaranteed and even then, it's only 25% likely to happen which means 3/4 times, it won't happen. Even then, the stunning behind certain actions really isn't even permanent, it's just for very brief periods. I find it unlikely either they're pulling the stat amps before Boros just destroys them. Most of Groudon's stuff is more land-based. Boros would catch onto that quickly if he makes the mistake, Regens, and avoids going close to the ground because of that. It's a less than ideal situation for Groudon and Pikachu because of it.

How do we even treat Pikachu in VS Matches? Do we give it all the moves it has learned even though it's implied it has forgotten them in the Anime? Pikachu's current moves are Electroweb, Iron Tail, Thunderbolt, and Quick Attack is why I ask.

Also, Quick Attack doesn't really amp speed permanently, it's more a temporary thing if anything and even then, it's not really a quantifiable boost.

Groudon's the one with the stat boosts, not Pikachu. So if anything Groudon's more of a problem while Pikachu isn't really that much for Boros to be concerned with.

the best they can do here is focus on debuffing from the get go and hope they have enough HP and his special attack has been lowered enough and increase their special defense(light screen would be best, but i doubt that type of strategy is in character for a character who's berserk), so they can eventually survive CSRC(wich they also have no way to know it's coming).

Boro's regen is way too strong for them to bypass just by attacking him, flight counters ground type moves and he can BFR if a kick lands, he can also use energy attacks in his CQC, in case paralysis becomes too frequent.

Honestly, Boros is a far worse matchup for them than Garou, this is a very one-sided match.

Yeah, but this is the Gen where Thunder Armor exists. I guarantee the reason they don't use it anymore is because it made no sense at all but it was really overpowered.

I wouldn't call this one-sided. They could win if the circumstances went right for paralysis + stat buffs and debuffs but it's just more likely for Boros to get a W. But yeah, this is a worse matchup when compared to Garou.

Nobody's denying it's a move they can use but it's still not something Pikachu's doing unless it's an absolute last resort. Swellow and Pikachu were getting nailed by Solrock and Lunatone before that strategy was attempted and there was a risk factor behind it. Boros is more likely to just use the cannon or BFR in the time that happens.

Not really unless Groudon actually has stat amps off beforehand, hence why it's incredibly situational and not really practical for the sake of the fight. That's more of a what if and implies Boros just lets the fight go on for that long.

So xsoulofcinderx do you change your vote?

And Epiccheev are you voting yet?

counted, hopefully this thread goes more smoothly than the Garou fight.

I dont think thats likely, if Boros feels he is going to lose he will just CSRC, which would probably be either an incon or win.

P a r a l y s i s u p o n t o u c h

Also, his BFR is basically useless with an enemy that is actively fighting back and not acting like a punching bag.

not gonna be actively fighting back if they are being bombarded lol.

Phoenks said:
not gonna be actively fighting back if they are being bombarded lol.
Speed is equal and pika is not going to stand there to get kicked like Saitama did, that "BFR" will never come out.

>Also does regen counter Paralysis?

nope

Dosent matter, if he throws him into the air Pikachu cant really do much.

What, Boros's technical one? Pikachu literally is the least of the threat of the two so it's not hard to remotely pull off considering Pikachu can't really do much if it's being flung into the air for that to happen other than use an electric attack. Even then, this implies Boros won't be just doing it so quick in his movements that Pikachu won't really be able to do much, not really enough to considerably phaze Boros at least.

Though that probably won't be really to happen against Groudon for fairly obvious reasons...

regarding Pikachu's lightning attacks

Are they only lightning speed?

oh right combat speed is equalized too, in that case nvm.

>Even then, this implies Boros won't be just doing it so quick in his movements that Pikachu won't really be able to do much, not really enough to considerably phaze Boros at least.

speed is equal, him doing a barrage of attacks happen at the same time that Pika is attacking too

>Dosent matter, if he throws him into the air Pikachu cant really do much.

Won't happen when he is fighting back, again, he is not saitama to just stand there and let himself get punched left and right.

>Are they only lightning speed?

He can tag legendaries with it AFAIK, so Rel too.

Neither of them can fly or anything like that though so they aren't going to have any remote mobility compared to Boros.

His Lighning attacks are really the only things he can do.

Even still I do not think that is enough.

Pikachu isn't going to immediately use an attack like that if it gets gutted or anything like that. It'll be able to use attacks, sure, but Pikachu is fine with fighting in the air and that would literally be its downfall. You can use its fight with Latios for reference, it literally got thrown into the air and it tried to match Latios head on rather than avoid something like that. Boros can literally just overwhelm him with energy attacks and pull something like this off. And Pikachu is willing to go in the air to try to tag opponents there, even doing things such as grabbing onto them and trying to use excessive thunderbolts. That's just how Pikachu fights, there is no "Oh it won't happen lol"

I mean, the whole point is that uppon touching Pika once he will get paralysed and from that point on he becomes a punching bag.

Even then, again, he isn't going to stand there and be like saitama to just let himself be punched.

>Boros can literally just overwhelm him with energy attacks and pull something like this off

He literally did this only once and was his Ace, if he does some energy attack that isnt the star thingy then Pika can fight back with a thunderbolt and going by his higher AP he can gain that clash.

>His Lighning attacks are really the only things he can do.

Doesn't he has tackle, iron tail, headbutt, double edge, any other normal attack almost any pokemon can do?

>Even still I do not think that is enough.

What you think "is or isn't enough" is not a good argument, if he has tagged any legendary with his electric attacks then those attacks scale, simple and easy.

"I mean, the whole point is that uppon touching Pika once he will get paralysed and from that point on he becomes a punching bag."

Right and the paralysis isn't even that reliable nor is it guaranteed. You realize it's a 50/50 whether or not Static gets inflicted on you, then 25/75 in the chances it actually affects you from there, right? If we're going off initial percentages, that means for every eight moves, Boros would just be paralyzed once. That's literally just basic as hell statistics. It's not even represented like that in the Anime though, which depicts it as being far less likely. It takes one kick to send him to moon. Even then, the paralysis isn't remotely that could because it stops him for a few seconds max, not the entire match. You're completely misportraying how Static works. Also, you can literally break through it with enough willpower. Not only does Ash's Monferno do like 5 moves even after being paralyzed and moves around a lot (17:12 - onward), it outright ignores the paralysis with a determination not to lose (18:36). So unless you're telling me Boros is suicidal, he would literally just do the exact same thing.

"He literally did this only once and was his Ace, if he does some energy attack that isnt the star thingy then Pika can fight back with a thunderbolt and going by his higher AP he can gain that clash."

Again, you keep acting as if Pikachu can just negate any sort of pain it takes. The literal problem with Pikachu is that its only practical defense would be those electric attacks. And if it has to put out large amounts of them just to stop Boros from approaching, all that does is drain its stamina more significantly and make it harder to fight. You're unironically giving more reasons as to why Boros would be able to win such a fight because Pikachu just tires itself out even faster than what it would normally do against Boros. Not to mention Groudon is especially useless here and can't do much to help Pikachu given it's primarily use land-based abilities.

"Doesn't he has tackle, iron tail, headbutt, double edge, any other normal attack almost any pokemon can do?"

From how Pikachu's moves operate, no, it no longer knows such moves. And again, Pikachu would be far more prone to trying to keep a distance between him and Boros with electric moves if anything. Those moves are move CQC for Pikachu which aren't going to be all that helpful if Pikachu can't remotely control its mobility in the air.

You should also specify who you're replying to as the last response is from a different user and it makes it seem like those were my points.

Boros via High-Mid regen, having ranged attacks, having over 20 years of battle skill, BFR, and SCRC could one-shot.

Wait, boros ap is the same as garou, why is everyone saying that the SCRC would one shot? Also Boros only uses it as his final when he can't do anything else and groudon not only would pritect Pikachu but would also tank the attack as he still has higher ap no matter what. BFR via sending to the moon was more of a coincidental thing and it is because he punched saitama upwards to the moon and saitama was nit holding ground. If Groudon has survived dozens of attacks from kyogre, a pokemon with higher ap attacks, why isn't he on the moon? Flight is also not everything, yes he can bombard them from above but so can groudon and pikachu. Speed is =ized so he is not gonna be boosting his speed crazy numbers anytime soon like grou did. The only way boros can win is if he tries to bombard them from the air which is easily countered, and his two ultimate moves which can be (with very high difficulty) resisted or countered, thus nulling the bfr as the only reason why saitama got blown to space is because he was putting up 0 resistance, testing his opponent.

So i vote for my boi pika yet again because i dont see how boros could win. Though i may be wrong and i am expecting people to argue (which is the point of this site), there are not many who are arguing for Pikachu rn so imma stand by my point.

1.Higher AP does not equal more concussive force or knockback, a swordsman can become high 6-A by cutting a High 6-A character, a energy manip user can become high 6-A by vaporizing stuff, a character can become High 6-A by moving continents. that doesn't mean their slashes and blasts now can send people to the moon. Kyogre would need feats of knocking people that far away with his attacks for Groudon to gain resistance, the same way Saitama doesn't have it on his profile despite being far stronger than Boros physically.

It being out of character and coincidental can't really be argued when the second thing he did after meteoric burst was kicking him to the moon and we have no other showings to argue outlier, if you ask me, the most coincidental thing was Saitama hitting a moon instead of drifting away in space.

And even then, the strength difference is Groudon is 1.333..x stronger, it's not like they will be undamaged by his attacks.

2.Boros has energy attacks outside of CSRC

3.Boros has high-mid regen who happens instantly, their attacks are just plain not dealing any lasting damage except statistic reduction and status effects.

4.Yeah, pikachu can dodge as speed is equal here, but he can also get hit, so can Boros and anyone in any fight ever, it's not like he has precog, skillstomps or is fast enough to assure that never happens

Again, I would not call this a stomp, it's just more heavily in Boros winning most times something would happen. Groudon with one Scary Face = Immediately dropping Boros' speed by half, can continue to do that to where he's only 1/4 his original speed and make him easy to react to by that point. This is not an argument or me saying they win again, just that this being a stomp would be a massive disservice to the other two being represented.

Back