• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord Boros' scaling chain revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saitama used a ! against Tatsumaki, something that only was replicated to Meteoric Burst Boros! I guess holding back Tatsumaki scales to Boros
she actually impressed saitama more than anyone else in the series but cosmic garou, he actually had fun with her
b0r05 could never
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzUwMzEzODgxNjAlMkYxMDcyOTc2OTIwNjkxNjIyMDE4JTJGcGFnZV8xNC0xNS5wbmc=

not what he said.
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMjc1Njk3MDA5MTQlMkYxMDg4MjUxNjI2NDIwMTkxMzY0JTJGcGFnZV8yNS5wbmc=
He couldn’t contain her because he wouldn’t needed to beat the shit out of her to get her to stop, meanwhile he was willing to kill against Boros and thought of him as almost being a fight in his BRAIN rather than just telling it to him out of pity

He couldn’t contain her because he wouldn’t needed to beat the shit out of her to get her to stop, meanwhile he was willing to kill against Boros and thought of him as almost being a fight in his BRAIN rather than just telling it to him out of pity
if he was willing to kill boros he couldve done that with a sneeze, ziller.

if he was willing to kill boros he couldve done that with a sneeze, ziller.
If he wasn’t willing to kill Boros he wouldn’t have been surprised that he was still standing after the first punch
he also wouldn’t have punched him into literal goo….but alright.

If he wasn’t willing to kill Boros he wouldn’t have been surprised that he was still standing after the first punch
he also wouldn’t have punched him into literal goo….but alright.
it was just a extremely casual punch oof
Definetely wasn't trying to kill him.

Okay can you guys seriously stop derailing the thread and get back to the main point.

The guidebook statement is simply unusable. Boros claims he is the strongest in the universe, that's all it is.

And on top of that, the "universe" here doesn't include humanity. Otherwise that would also include Saitama.

They are mentioned separately.
There is also inaccuracies like this in the same guidebook.

It's simply hype statements.

The back and forth on who gave Saitama more of a reaction is pointless. On top of it, he is literally a 4-A fighting people quintillions of times weaker than him. There is literally nothing quantifiable here.

The back and forth on who gave Saitama more of a reaction is pointless. On top of it, he is literally a 4-A fighting people quintillions of times weaker than him. There is literally nothing quantifiable here.
Yes, I was about to comment this. This shit is just the most astronomical level of splitting hairs that I have seen.

So far there's only 1 staff agreement.

Do the OPM staff not have an opinion on this?

I agree with the OP from reading ByAsura's arguments, the Databook doesn't seem to be reliable/is being misinterpreted.

It's not a matter of agreeing. This has already been accepted.

I can't currently apply the changes because I'm working on other stuff IRL and on the wiki.

That means Saitama's durability is above Tatsumaki's AP by a so high margen he doesn't even notice her attacks.
Exactly

So, unless you want to argue Boros' AP is near Saitama's durability (4-A), that won't pass here.
Wrong, an ant can do damage to you but it wouldn't scale to human level.

Saitama didn't even know telekinesis was affecting him (because he couldn't see and TK is remote), but he knew Boros was attacking him.
He literally comments on something affecting him in the audiobook. Regardless of that, the argument is usless. If the attack doesn't affect him, it means it wasn't as strong as Boros', period.

Source? Because that's not accepted in the wiki. And Boros is nowhere near Garou's tier (hell, even in the thread regarding consistence of Saitama's punches, it's argued that Garou would scale to Boros, not otherwise).
I haven't read that thread yet. Anyway, haven't you been paying attention to the manga? Saitama comments on Garou being a human and a guy on a costume, and we know he doesn't kill humans, so any attack he throws doesn't have killing intent. Btw, I'm talking about Pre-Cosmic Garou.

Hell, he posteriously threw a punch that completely destroyed Garou's shell.
Because he saw that shell as the costume he was wearing. If you notice, he doesn't do any damage to Garou's real body. What are the cances of that?

Retconed out so doesn't matter
The authors' original intentions with the manga and their view on the characters can absolutely have an influence on canon developments, so I think it's a good supporting point. Plus, it's not like it's an anti feat or something, story just went on a different path, but the psychology of the characters hasn't changed at all.

What does that even matter here? Using context, you could argue Saitama was holding back specifically so Boros had his dream fight
It matters a lot becuase there are certain beings he refuses to kill, like humans or dogs, Garou and Rover being a human and a dog respectively. Saitama was holding back, yes, but he had killing intent because he was facing a monster. Furthermore, if Saitama wanted to give Boros his dream fight, he wouldn't be surprised that Boros has survived, or that he is strong. And he absolutely wouldn't have reduced Boros to blood with CNP to end the fight in an anticlimatic way.

To make the minimal damage to the enviroment. There is no proof he did the same with neither Orochi nor EOW
With Orochi, I agree. With EOW, there is no proof otherwise, especially since Saitama damages Garou (who is stronger than EOW in his monster form) with normal attacks, so we know those same normal attacks would have also damaged EOW. And actually EOW doesn't have a real durability other than being an enormous amount of water, so contextually the only way to eliminate it, is by SP it, because we know it is much bigger than EC, a being so big that Saitama needed to use SP not to leave any remain.

Headcanon.

Why did I bring this up? Because Saitama used a serious punch against beings weaker than Garou, meaning that "Saitama was casual to Garou but serious against Boros" argument -which has been rejected countless time in the past- means nothing
No.

That's not what I'm arguing here.

it still is a serious move.
Completely irrelevant. Let's scale Sonic to Orochi because he survivied being hit by a serious attack.

Here we go again. Saitama didn't go serious against Garou until He copied his serious punch, even after he matched his CNP, Saitama still was casual.

Remember, CNP nearly killed Boros
Do you realize I am not talking about Cosmic Garou? I'm talking about his previous monster forms. Can you please respond to my actual point? To the point I made that Saitama does in fact emit valid statements about the opponents he has faced.

Any of them would make you scale into AP. And considering Saitama's insides are as strong as his outsides and it couldn't even be damaged by pressure points attacks, it'd make Boros 4-A. So outlier

Hell, even if you assume Boros damaged Saitama in his 2nd form with a normal punch, why didn't his Meteoric Burst cause any notable damage into Saitama if it is the greatest boost of power? Again, damage is either a Boros' dialogue, or hyperbole
No, that's absolutely not how it works. Boros wouldn't scale to 4-A. Would an ant biting me and me feeling damage means that that ant scales to my full power or durability? Absolutely not.

It's not a hyperbole nor a dialogue. That's the narrator stating objective facts about the fight. Meteoric Busrt did do more damage, but it was again so little compared to Saitama's durability that Boros can't be scaled to him. And we know he dealt more damage because Saitama stated that "this is almost a real fight", which is a compliment that puts him above any other Boros form.

Yet Released damaged him but Meteoric Burst didn't even cause him to get a little amount of damage. If a punch of Released caused him to get damage (it'd be 4-A), then a charged attack would make him get damaged too. And a normal punch of Meteoric Burst is stronger than a charged attack of Released. Yet Saitama didn't get any damage
I already addressed this point. A reason why a charged attack from Released doesn't deal any damage but a punch does is because that punch was after the energy blast, so the narrator could be talking about the overall damage of that sequence (even about the overall damage of the current fight); and it can be because rabbit punches deal always more damage that any other strike, and if we add to this that Saitama was completely off guard when if happened, we have a very strong case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back