• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Live Action One Piece Discussion Thread

I don’t think you know much about Luffy yet (think you said you on ep 88), it’s later in the story where you start to understand much more why Luffy does the things he does and stuff
Yes, I understand that I didn't completely watch the whole story, but there is a big problem that limits me from doing so, and it is the fact that it is excessively long,no matter how you say ''is gonna get good in chapter 200''if i had to watch alot of stuff,just to get to that point,it does not work for me,most of the series that i watch,don't take that long to me for things to get good,because they don't have to waste a lot of time in stuff,and are quite interisting to see.
I read berserk, for a promise to my cousin, I loved it, but even so it took me half a year to see it for multiple reasons, but multiple were "I have other things to see and do", and normally that consumes my time the most times,and one piece is just like berserk,but more longer,and more problematic to watch.

caption.png

Imo it's funny how Live action Morgan might've been the most competent (at least in battle) version of the character ever (as far as I'm aware).

Yes, I understand that I didn't completely watch the whole story, but there is a big problem that limits me from doing so, and it is the fact that it is excessively long,no matter how you say ''is gonna get good in chapter 200''if i had to watch alot of stuff,just to get to that point,it does not work for me,most of the series that i watch,don't take that long to me for things to get good,because they don't have to waste a lot of time in stuff,and are quite interisting to see.
I read berserk, for a promise to my cousin, I loved it, but even so it took me half a year to see it for multiple reasons, but multiple were "I have other things to see and do", and normally that consumes my time the most times,and one piece is just like berserk,but more longer,and more problematic to watch.
... I never talked about you liking it or not, I'm just stating a fact that further into the story is where you understand luffy much more

Especially via his backstory as a kid and his view on heroes as well

One piece for me since ep 1, is good... Maybe not the best but still good

I think it's just have to do with ones mindset, everytime I start something new to watch, I watch it insanely seriously and focused as if I was there. So I don't really get problems of kinda waiting for it to get good, I'll just know if the show is for me or not while taking it seriously

When I type in Google "One Piece Netflix" it shows me the stuff for the show etc, when I type in "One Piece Live Action" it doesn't and the first result is just a review from polygon.
Okay. "One Piece (Netflix)" is probably fine as a title then.

... I never talked about you liking it or not, I'm just stating a fact that further into the story is where you understand luffy much more

Especially via his backstory as a kid and his view on heroes as well

One piece for me since ep 1, is good... Maybe not the best but still good

I think it's just have to do with ones mindset, everytime I start something new to watch, I watch it insanely seriously and focused as if I was there. So I don't really get problems of kinda waiting for it to get good, I'll just know if the show is for me or not while taking it seriously
understandable

Just finished episode 2 and it's looking pretty good so far. Who new that a good anime live action adaptation is possible

Last edited:
Anyway, it seems increasingly likely that One Piece will be renewed long-term for more season by Netflix, but the show was also extremely expensive to create, so I am really hoping for the best. 🙂🙏💖

Fingers crossed. I wanna live in a world where we get a live action Marinford
Yes, definitely.

It seems likely that One Piece will become Netflix's most popular series so far, but it was also the most expensive one to create, and I think that Netflix has had income problems recently, so I am not certain yet.

I still haven't watched it because I am on holiday, but I am really happy that it is getting a lot of attention and success. From what I am seeing, both old and new fans are liking it, including people that never watched the anime or read the manga before, which is surprising to me. I am really curious to see it, hoping it can capture the same vibes the original series have.

I still haven't watched it because I am on holiday, but I am really happy that it is getting a lot of attention and success. From what I am seeing, both old and new fans are liking it, including people that never watched the anime or read the manga before, which is surprising to me. I am really curious to see it, hoping it can capture the same vibes the original series have.
Off course,there gonna make alot of changes

Just finished the series, and it’s pretty alright.

As far as calcing, obviously Gum-Gum Axe is going to be the best feat (except maybe Luffy launching Buggy), but Arlong throwing that house in Coco village might be worth something.

If everyone can hold out a bit, I can do some calcs later on in the week, I've just moved and my internet modem doesn't come until tuesday so expect calcs a couple days after.
Thank you for helping out. 🙏

Hey, can you tell me how many daily chapters of one piece I have to see to finish everything up to thriller bark (in a good time)

faster pace please,at least,my idea is to watch like 6 chapters a day(is like,2 hours and 12 minutes)which counting,it wll mean i could have see all of the chapters that there is on netflix in 48 days(less time if i increase the pace)
Oh, you're talking about anime

Well to get to thriller bark, it starts at episode 337

6 episodes a day means you'll need 56 days

Hey, can you tell me how many daily chapters of one piece I have to see to finish everything up to thriller bark (in a good time)
If you're interested in watching the anime in good time, you might want to check out "One Pace" - it's a fan project that edits and streamlines the anime episodes

Back