• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Live Action One Piece Discussion Thread

has anyone noticed the bounty poster easter eggs?
image.png
yeah,almost everyone

Anyone doing the profiles? I can currently prepare a template for canonicities and a verse page.

I don't want to create duplicated profiles because someone is doing it already.
But I can start with the verse page and canonicity template at least.

I created it.

It is only red because we did not create the verse page yet (which I will do as next)

Anyone is opposing to the title – One Piece Live Action as verse page?

Netflix hosts the animated version of One Piece as well as far as I am aware, so "One Piece (Live Action)" is likely a better title, but we can add a redirect link from "One Piece (Netflix)" as well.

Thank you for helping out. 🙏

Netflix hosts the animated version of One Piece as well as far as I am aware, so "One Piece (Live Action)" is likely a better title, but we can add a redirect link from "One Piece (Netflix)" as well.
I agree with this idea because it's crucial to establish a redirection, as a significant number of individuals genuinely prefer it to be labelled as "Live Action." Therefore, implementing this change would help prevent any potential confusion.

I agree with this idea because it's crucial to establish a redirection, as a significant number of individuals genuinely prefer it to be labelled as "Live Action." Therefore, implementing this change would help prevent any potential confusion.
I don't know why hosting is being treated the same as producing, I don't know who or where these significant individuals gave their input but as far as I've seen it's mainly been labelled as "One Piece Netflix".

And for other live action profiles such as the Witcher it's been labelled as Netflix rather than just Live Action.

I am not sure, most germanic (Germany/Austria) people here prefer it as live action.

I don't see any issue for not redirecting it as such.

Yes, calling the page "One Piece (Live Action)" with a redirect from "One Piece (Netflix)" seems more reasonable, unless we get higher Google search ratings from doing the opposite.

I am not sure, most germanic people here prefer it as live action.

I don't see any issue for not redirecting as such.
I can't speak for them if that's the case, personally I didn't realise it was a big deal.

And I don't really see the issue with redirecting it as Netflix when that's what we do for the other profiles of this nature and that's what it's officially labelled as.

I only saw those people referring as such on Twitter, but as far as in real life (where I watched those with my friends), they all refer to it as live action. And it is important, as Ant here mentioned, is due to Google Search ratings.

Well, I was more making an open question regarding which title that would get us the most hits via Google.

Well, I was more making an open question regarding which title that would get us the most hits via Google.
When I type in Google "One Piece Netflix" it shows me the stuff for the show etc, when I type in "One Piece Live Action" it doesn't and the first result is just a review from polygon.

When I type in Google "One Piece Netflix" it shows me the stuff for the show etc, when I type in "One Piece Live Action" it doesn't and the first result is just a review from polygon.
Not in my case, because both of them shows me all contents, even the latter gives more results.

correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure the fastest feat in live action would be mihawks bullet cut against don krieg.

Gonna give my opinion on it cause why not.

The show ain't perfect but i watched it with a wide grin on my face. It was very fun and despite the shortcomings it gave me a feeling of happiness throughout the runtime.

Let's start with the more annoying part, the bad.
-poisoning/knocking out luffy via chemicals twice in a row was a cheap move from the authors.
-buggy arc was a bit underwhelming since we didn't see much from the villagers and also the sword guy got murked which was boring.
-Kuro having his crewmates help him in the house makes no sense if we consider his original goals. Also felt underwhelming since he was the first pirate who felt truly threatening in the manga imo. He had a big name, crew and bounty but here he doesn't have any of that. Makes me less of a threat. Also i was very disappointed to not see his final move with the swinging arms and stuff.
Usopp also didn't do much here which is sad.
Also Django got nuked despite his bounty poster appearing in ep 1.
Also Garp sending cadets to catch Luffy made no sense when their only guards got insta-murked by Zoro.
Finally, Mery should've lived.
-Krieg was done dirty. Mad dirty. I was excited to see the son of a gun in action since he's one of the top east blue antagonists for me, but he got absolutely noogied by mihawk instead.
-The lack of Krieg made Sanji leaving Baratie and joining the crew feel kinda weak. It felt justified in the manga and anime while here Arlong was the threat and not even a big one so it feels like Luffy didn't do enough to earn Sanji unlike the manga.
-Arlong arc felt mildly rushed in a few parts and the lack of a proper Arlong Park walk was a bit saddening. Also, no Hacchi for some reason, if i remember correctly he is somewhat important later on so idk why he's not even shown.
-Locations have too much electricity. Kinda breaks some of the logic in the worldbuilding.
-Zoro felt wack. He was way too silent, rarely laughed, rarely joked. Feels wrong imo. Zoro felt a lot more alive throughout the anime while here he feels very stiff and impossible to connect to.

Now for the good stuff:

-Loved the actors performance (except zoro), Mihawk was perfect, Buggy was just the perfect asshole, Kuro was perfect and even more evil by behavior, Zef was great, Garp was fine (he was way too good looking in the sense that he should look like a rough marine hero and not like a billionaire on vacation), fishmen felt awkward in a few scenes but were overall really cool.
-Luffy was done well imo and I think he did his best to be like Luffy and it's the closest he can be to it.
-Usopp felt right. I think they should've lengthened his nose but overall he was real fun.
-Nami was great. The only difference is that she is more serious here than her anime version but I'd say it fit her background.
-Sanji was fresh as hell. I loved his performance and fights. I think they should have curled his eyebrow just a teeny bit but whatever, it is what it is. I loved how chill he was here and his arguing with zoro felt natural.

-I'd say the pacing felt a bit rushed at times but overall they made the story very well written for a source material so unrealistic and reliant on anime and manga structure.
-Arlong appearing on Baratie felt right. Good introduction I'd say.
-Kuro fight happening in the mansion felt right since it is a better setting than a random slope to a beach.
-Buggy was a monster here and appearing later on in the series also made him more prominent and thus made sense for him appearing in the future.
-Using manga backstory was great for Zef and Sanji
-The fights were well choreographed
-Glad Koby got a better story here

Overall I'd say it's a solid 7 or 7.5/10

Also as far as I've seen, Luffy's best feats atm are
-ripping out the safe
-knocking people far away
-parrying the cannonball from Garp
-destruction feats in Arlong park

By the way, I always felt that there was no problem in not being comedic, do you know how exaggerated the attitude of the characters is on many occasions? It literally doesn't make sense for the characters to act like that in real life(even with unrealistic things)Of course, they can be comedic at times, but it is not something that is over exaggerated to ridiculous levels,it will not work in a live action for them to be extremaly comedic,unless they are gonna make a parody or something.

By the way, didn't you notice how in this version, Luffy is more of a good person than an anti-heroic person?I mean, he does a lot of actions and he doesn't do many actions that his original version did.
and also he has no childish or jerk moments,and fels remorse for his actions(principally zoro almost got kill)
I don’t think you know much about Luffy yet (think you said you on ep 88), it’s later in the story where you start to understand much more why Luffy does the things he does and stuff

Back