• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Live Action One Piece Discussion Thread

Yes, Ichigo isn't a bad person, but almost every single other character, as well as the setting itself, definitely is.
I get that, it's definitely not the brightest of the Big 3. However, Bleach doesn't set out to make the Soul Society as the definitive good and shows it has issues, while it makes the Espada and Quincy the definite evil, because their actions are indeed evil, without trying to make them look like they have some form of merit. Ichigo and co being in the Soul Society and interacting with the Shinigami, causing things to lighten up and get better, is quite cool. Again, I get that Bleach gets quite dark and isn't for everyone, and that's alright.

One Piece fans tend to usually be good people, as they appreciate themes about freedom, loyalty, hope, equality, kindness, joy, compassion, fun, and optimism, rather than morbid, dystopian, conscience-deprived, depressing, totalitarian, hate-spewing, nihilistic, hopeless, cruel, amoral, conceited, mocking, supremacist savagery.
Ant, I hate to break this to you, but a sizable portion think the Marines are the good guys

Ant, I hate to break this to you, but a sizable portion think the Marines are the good guys
people are people,no matter if they are a marine,a citizen,a pirate,a chef,or even a Butler,people can be either good or evil,that is the nature of humanity.

I mean... I don't even think they are actually one piece fans... They are more admiral fans then one piece fans, like literally... They nearly always only talk about admirals

It sometimes even feels like they haven't even watched one piece only just clips or things from youtube but idk, there is just too much evil in this world and in my view one piece definitely fights against that the most (probably out of any other show I've seen)

Tho Josh piece is just different, just a lil misguided 🙈

I mean... I don't even think they are actually one piece fans... They are more admiral fans then one piece fans, like literally... They nearly always only talk about admirals

It sometimes even feels like they haven't even watched one piece only just clips or things from youtube but idk, there is just too much evil in this world and in my view one piece definitely fights against that the most (probably out of any other show I've seen)
I have seen people who watched like, the whole series and still go "yeah, the world government is good, they're fighting criminals."

I just earlier today argued a guy who had watched up to Wano out of that mindset. To be fair, he just didn't think about it very hard.

But the marines are outright extreme fascists that casually perform genocide and engage in widespread slavery. That is not the intended point of the story at all.

"People are people" mfs when they see a literal genocidal dictatorship:
(buena forma de no leer mi escrito completo señor)
i was reffering that people are bad or good,they can be genocidal,or they can be the hero of humanity,i am wrong on that?

I have seen people who watched like, the whole series and still go "yeah, the world government is good, they're fighting criminals."

I just earlier today argued a guy who had watched up to Wano out of that mindset. To be fair, he just didn't think about it very hard.
I mean it half true... Dressrosa is proof of that but they still have corruption, mainly from the elders and imu

I mean it half true... Dressrosa is proof of that but they still have corruption, mainly from the elders and imu
Dressrossa isn't proof, Fujitora is the only good one there, the entire government is getting blackmailed by Doflamingo, they all knew he killed those people. He even owned one of them.

Dressrossa isn't proof, Fujitora is the only good one there, the entire government is getting blackmailed by Doflamingo, they all knew he killed those people. He even owned one of them.
Pirates aren't good people as well, even worse as a whole... The marines fight that, even tho at times they follow orders that's bad and not what they wanna do but they have to because their life and or family will be at stake... Look at captain Morgan, every marine tanked luffy for that... Even marineford when people tried to escape the war akainu killed them, its specifically the top ones with the most control who are evil and the marines have to follow them otherwise they'll be big consequences for them

Pirates aren't good people as well, even worse as a whole... The marines fight that, even tho at times they follow orders that's bad and not what they wanna do but they have to because their life and or family will be at stake... Look at captain Morgan, every marine tanked luffy for that... Even marineford when people tried to escape the war akainu killed them, its specifically the top ones with the most control who are evil and the marines have to follow them otherwise they'll be big consequences for them
How many times do I need to iterate that I do not care if the individual marines are doing good, and rather care about the organization as a whole being war dogs for the Celestial Dragons? My man Garp recognizes this.

Yes, agreed, but many of them willingly carry out atrocities without a second thought, such as what was done to Ohara.

Also, the World Government apparently labels anybody that simply values freedom to explore the world for themselves and won't be their willbroken slaves as pirates. No actual looting, pillaging, or other evil activity is required.

Yes, agreed, but many of them willingly carry out atrocities without a second thought, such as what was done to Ohara.

Also, the World Government apparently labels anybody that simply values freedom to explore the world for themselves and won't be their willbroken slaves as pirates. No actual looting, pillaging, or other evil activity is required.
I feel like anyone who placed themself in direct ideological opposition to Whitebeard was probably not a great person.

How many times do I need to iterate that I do not care if the individual marines are doing good, and rather care about the organization as a whole being war dogs for the Celestial Dragons? My man Garp recognizes this.
I mean... You did just say the marine as a whole, the organization is the world government tho the marines are tied/controlled by them still

642130da9100e29f5fef88d465a39cc5.jpg
The icon of courage in the face of death. The goat himself. That moron being a whole ass W rn 🔥

Alright I just finished the series and I refuse to believe that Gum Gum Battle Axe is Small Building level. Luffy did destroy the pillars, but only on the top floor. Luffy was specifically targeting the map room also. The rest of the building was destroyed by force.

Alright I just finished the series and I refuse to believe that Gum Gum Battle Axe is Small Building level. Luffy did destroy the pillars, but only on the top floor. Luffy was specifically targeting the map room also. The rest of the building was destroyed by force.
The calc doesn't measure any of the destruction of the building its purely measured by the parts of the destruction in direct relation to arlongs body hence why you don't see me using the bigger shot of the whole when it got wider after debris fell on it.

If I calculated that as the fill destruction of the buidling itself or the entire floors themself then it'd have been like 8-C to high 8-C

CRT

Let's be honest, if it's really true that Oda doesn't want Chopper to be CGI, then that means they'll either make him animatronic or they'll make him a well-made suit.

Back