• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link's Acausality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Link's important items are completely unaffected by the mandatory Temporal resets. Gilded Sword, Masks, money in the bank, key items, magic power ups, while even the things that grant the items are reset, and even Majora himself. I brought this up before, but it died.

That would be the case if the game didn't actually didn't revolve around resets, and he didn't lose stuff like non-stored money and arrows and bombs

I definitely agree with this being game mechanics.

The game would be bullshit if you lost your items with every reset.

Thing is, resetting makes you have to redo every side quest, including the main game bosses (yet you keep their remains somehow...)

If you had to recollect all your items it'd be awful.

Of course it would suck, but the design of the game to circumvent that made it be Acausality. Like I said, you keep the remains of the masks even though they resurrected through time schenanigans.

Normally I'd say game mechanics but pretty sure it's canon Link has had to rewind time at least a few times and has kept his items. Of course this may not warrant acasuality since Link himself did the rewind so stuff on Him not being effected could be chalked up to that but then again Tatl remained unaffected too so maybe not? I wouldnt just say game mechanics though, theres probably a bit more going on there.

Nah this is a common trope in fiction, the time traveler being unaffected I mean. It shouldn't warrant acausality. Now if he remained with this stuff when someone else used time travel, that's a different story.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
It's not game mechanics, but it's not because Link's acausal.
It's because he's the one playing the Song of Time. That's it.
Master.....teach me how to write a Top kek comment like that pls.

Master.....teach me how to write a Top kek comment like that pls.

Step 1. Skim thread

Step 2. Write the equivalent of "/thread" in a single comment.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Step 1. Skim thread
Step 2. Write the equivalent of "/thread" in a single comment.
Thank you sir, now i will try this somewhere and try to become like you in the future.

Well, since the issue seems to have been answered, I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back