• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
BruceTheBatman said:
@Zeldasmash

Zero has EE, look near the bottom.

@Kepekley23

Considering the guy has fought Sigma practically once a week and the Mavericks are consistently portrayed to be comparable physically to the main characters (Storm Eagle surviving a fight with Sigma), and often resist at least a few hax, I would hesitate to call them outright fodder.
I was talking about Link with that comment.

The real cal howard said:
Link is literally the poster boy for non-physical Interaction. Intangibility doesn't help Zero in the slightest.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Wanna reword it, m8? Ovo

Link being more experienced just because he is old is false. Obliterating random fodder every day isn't the same as actual combat experience (unless Dodoria or Zarbon are suddenly among the most experienced non-immortal characters in all of fiction).

Link doesn't often fight someone who actually pushes him to win. Like, tell me one really good strategical feat Link has.

Kepekley23 said:
Link doesn't often fight someone who actually pushes him to win. Like, tell me one really good strategical feat Link has.
Are you asking me to post every boss battle of the series?

Literally Every Power Cyber Elves Use (Transmutation, Mind, Biological, Soul, Paralysis, Health Reduction, Erasure): He should be unaffected considering he fought the strongest Cyber Elf period and isn't affected by his own elves, which use some of these attacks omnidirectionally. If not, he'd get turned into an E-Crystal.

Absolute Zero: He can break out of it in-game, or close to lolnope it at times (He can still move from some of Blizzard Staggroff's attacks, which are far above Cold Man's ABZ) and is canonically above Mega Man who can also fight AZ users and move, this goes without question.

Time Stop: He lolnopes this during the X vs Zero fight if you try to use it on him as X

Matter Manip: See transmutation above. He isn't affected by omnidirectional attacks that turn opponents into E-Crystals or Health Power ups. He is also not affected by Crystal Hunter.

Fire Manip: Maybe not very important, but he is far above Classic Mega Man who is comparable to or superior to (and can tank attacks from) Fire Man, who's fires are 7000-8000 degrees (don't know what measure) according to the Mega Man Powered Up US game manual, it's a neat thing nontheless

I can go on, but I think you see where I'm going with this.

90% of the bosses have a very very very easy to see weakpoint.

"You, who regained the peace of Hyrule from the demonic hands of the king of evil, Ganon, had not enjoyed the achieved tranquility for too long, and had embarked on a journey of training in preparation for new disasters."

Link's awakening manual

PaChi2 said:
90% of the bosses have a very very very easy to see weakpoint.
That was just a joke though

I'd argue that them having very easy to see weakspot is just game mechaninc, but I honestly couldn't care less. Link had around 18 incarnations considering also the Links that were only mentioned via backstories, and each of them defeated a final boss that was hundreds or thousands of years old mainly via sword skills.

"Literally Every Power Cyber Elves Use (Transmutation, Mind, Biological, Soul, Paralysis, Health Reduction, Erasure): He should be unaffected considering he fought the strongest Cyber Elf period and isn't affected by his own elves, which use some of these attacks omnidirectionally. If not, he'd get turned into an E-Crystal."

You never give someone resistance for being at the center of an attack. Otherwise Zeno would have resistance to existence erasure. Also, we don't give people resistances for fighting others.

Okay. What are the feats those bosses have?

Again, people fall in the "he is really old and kills random fodder every week, that means he must be really experienced. He also defeats bosses which are old and...are old. He is old" point of my post.

But Zero isn't at the center of the attack. He's usually a good foot or so away actually.

Why not in this case? Dark Elf has used transmutation and soul manip before, considering she once turend a Pantheon into Elpizo Lite Version. If not he'd get haxstomped.

Kepekley23 said:
Okay. What are the feats those bosses have?
Again, people fall in the "he is really old and kills random fodder every week, that means he must be really experienced. He also defeats bosses which are old and...are old. He is old" point of my post.
I mean, tell me one skill feat Zero has in that regard then.

On it @TFP1

-Fighting 4 people 100 years old who have had to put down uprisings of Mavericks, which again are comparable to themselves

-Consistently beating people portrayed in the lore as comparable to (but weaker than) the likes of Sigma, who is often faster and stronger than Zero or X is, rather than just being hard for gameplay's sake.

-Fighting two Mavericks simultaneously (may not be canon)

-Learning techniques from his opponents, which he can do without killing them like Mega Man

-Fighting for a year straight and surviving against Pantheons and Mavericks. While he looked like crap after the whole ordeal, someone who wasn't crazy-good would've been scrap metal after an hour

-Copy X flat out states his fighting skills are terrifying.

Two last things

-On the first part, after 1 of them died, 3 were about to gang up on him, but backed off when Copy X stated that Zero would've beaten them.

-In Zero 2, one of the last bosses has Zero fighting two guys who can physically match him and utilize teamwork to make the fight more challenging than either normally is, and Zero ends it by getting them to attack eachother when they try to charge him.

Fought Calamity Ganon who is thousands of years old. Twice.

He constantly beats Ganon (several hundreds to thousands years old) and other comparable (if not stronger) beings.

Defeats his literal shadows which is exactly as strong as him via sheer skill

Defeats a dark version of himself that can mirror and counter every of Links moves

Demise himself, who always considered humans to be nothing more than crybabies, complimented Link's skill

Daily reminder that Zero doesn't actually have most of the resistance you say he has. They aren't on his profile, and your reasoning is all but conjecture. You're also basing most of your reasoning on Link being a bad fighter and Zero being a good one despite them having very similar feats, and Zero opening with the one good hax he has that will work.

Defeats Monk Maz Koshia, who is 10000 years old, and he was put there to test the Hero's skill by the goddess Hylia.

Defeats ALLTP Ganon with the full TF, which, thanks to the Triforce of Wisdom, enhances intelligence, and he was already pretty skilled even before obtaining it. And Link here has it, so he's even more skilled than when he did all the previous feats.

How is that conjecture? He has to have these resistances given he takes them from other people, and considering the people he fights are physcially comparable to himself, if he couldn't at the very least resist them, he would've gotten stomped.

Also, cyber elves are literally derived from Zero himself, since the original cyber elf was made from Zero.

VioletVoid100 said:
Isn't this like X vs Link (Composite)? I mean X and Zero are different characters, but similar in powers and abilities.
Similar. Zero relies more on swordfighting and melee, which I thought was a better match thematically.

After reading over this entire thread, I am voting Inconclusive for these reasons:

1. This fight seems to hinge on "oh, the fighter will pull out this one specific skill and they'll be invincible." If we played it out 100 times, it seems it would split 50/50.

2. The arguments concerning the combat experience for both fighters seem really hard to prove. While both are incredibly old, I highly doubt that either one fought opponents on their level every day for the centuries they've been alive. Just as an example, it seems that most of the Zelda games are structured like "Bad thing happened, go save the world small green boy. Okay, you won, go back to your farm." The shortest span between games seemed to be from Ocarina to Majora's Mask, which I'm pretty sure was practically a day.

3. While I am much more a Zero fanboy then Link, I can't really find anything to prove that Zero would definitely win, so I can't vote Zero in good conscience.

Inconclusive,both are amazing swordsmans with a lot of hax,both are able to find weakness in seconds

And if we are counting everything they have,Zero has an equipment that completely nullifies attacks that would only leave glancing or minor damage

This means that Links need to surpass his defense or Zero doesn´t recieve any damage,Link has many objects that increase his defense and both are equally powerfull in the hax department,so whatever who finds a weak point first wins,and that is impossible to determine

And both are equally in Ap too

Back