• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Let's make Link fight someone who should be slightly more skilled than X but also melee based i think? Here we go. Speed is Equalized and all that good shit.

Link (Composite): 2

Zero (Mega Man X): 1

Inconclusive: 4

This is kinda tricky....

I think Link outhaxes, but Zero's Matter Manipulation seems potent.

Can Link resist Absolute Zero?

Zero via better fighting skills (He has more experience and can master new weapons instantly through his programming. Additionally, Zero could learn as the fight goes on.) and more useful hax. Zero also can resist one-hit-kills, power null and Erasure (since his original body is immune to such effects from elves, so is MMX Zero). Also, in general he uses his hax much more effectively and more often, not erasing someone after beating them. Death manip also won't work because Zero isn't a living thing. Zero can no-sell time freezing too, so that won't fly either way. Magnetism won't be very effective since MMZ Zero has fought magnetism users and he could resist it. Zero is a stoic dude, even in times when he should be freaking out (Omega for example). He has fought possession users (Cyber Elves) in MMZ4, so he should find a way to deal with that and be resistant since they can't possess him. And so on. Link resists most of Zero's stuff, too, but that goes both ways barring a few exceptions.

No he likely cannot, and if Zero uses it, the fight is probably over, since LOZ doesn't have AZ users.

I might get back to make a more detailed analysis later on those exceptions if need be, but

TL;DR: Zero and Link are mostly evenly matched hax wise and while they do use in conjunction with fighting skills, both are primarily sword users. A fight between them would be less Gandalf vs Voldemort and more Obi-Wan vs Anakin. And ultimately Zero is the superior fighter, he has more experience, is just as good at finding an enemy's weakness (that's part of the game even), and can learn techniques from his opponents. The fight might have some hax thrown in here and there, but when they realize it's mostly ineffective, they're likely just gonna try hacking at eachother. Zero cuts Link's head off after a decent duel.

Zero does too (if not more given he fights without any break time for the most part), and Mega Man has elements of that too.

BruceTheBatman said:
Zero does too (if not more given he fights without any break time for the most part), and Mega Man has elements of that too.
Megaman finds weaknesses through elements alone. Link doesn't have weaknesses Zero can exploit in the same way.

"Not true and while that's true"? You're kinda contradicting yourself there. (Correction: I misunderstood what you said, apologies).

While Zero doesn't have any exploitable weaknesses, Zero doesn't seem to have a resistance to Existance Erasure nor does he haven an answer to Reality Warping if the Triforce manages to be summoned. Also, can Zero deal with Type 7 Immortality? Or Probability Manipulation? or Dimensional BFR? Or Link traveling back in time?

He didn't

He answered the first question with a not true and answered the second with "While That's True"

Zero does resist erasure (he isn't affected by Cyber Elf hax, which includes that), and yes he can, by cutting off Link's head and rendering him immobile.

Lastly, when has Link ever used the Triforce to Mxyzptlk someone or Dimensional BFR them? Those powers often are used after Link's opponent is defeated, afaik. Link also does not have probability manip, reading his profile.

Link also from his profile has no counter to AZ, and intangibility is a big thing in Zero's favor when he can still attack while intangible.

1) It doesn't show on his profile resistance to Existance Erasure

2) Link does have Probability Manipulation in his profile (right next to Void). Dimensional BFR is due to The Hero's Shade taking them to the Ghostly Ether. Link can just trap them in there while he leaves. The Triforce, in Skyward Sword he used it to permanently seal/kill the Imprisoned just as he was ready to escape again. It's reality warping comes from the fact that any wish is it's command.

3) Agreed on having no counter to AZ, however attacking while intangible is something Link can also do and he's always had no problem in attacking intangible and non-corporeal beings so that's kind of a moot point (Link himself is non-corporeal due The Hero's Shade).

Link is non-corporeal. You can't exactly freeze a ghost (Unless Zero has feat to do so). Plus, Hero's shade alone nearly has the same experience as Zero, and he's just one of the twentish incarnations of Link.

1) The fact he can fight cyber elves (the same things he uses for those abilities) proves he resists it

2) Again, when has he used any of those right off the bat to win?

3) Non-Corporeal

@TriforcePower1 TBH, he has a zigzagged feat of that. He can very briefly freeze a character who should have resistance to AZ when they're technically data and not physical matter, so I wouldn't put it past him.

This is the same as X vs Link, but Zero doesn't have he advantage of being a primarily ranged fighter. Link has more abilities, having the same Zero had and more, the same amount of experience and AP, and more abusable defenses, as ABZ can't get past the Magic Armor's forcefield. Furthermore, Zero doesn't have Regenerationn, resurrection, or invulnerability to help out when this becomes a slugfest due to respective hax resistances (and Link has more of that than Zero does).

Link is literally the poster boy for non-physical interaction. Intangibility doesn't help Zero in the slightest.

BruceTheBatman said:
@TriforcePower1 TBH, he has a zigzagged feat of that. He can very briefly freeze a character who should have resistance to AZ when they're technically data and not physical matter, so I wouldn't put it past him.
Data=/=Soul.

I know he can hit ghosts, but can he actually freeze them?

Data and Souls aren't the same. I know cyber elves are basically the souls of machines, but that's different.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Data and Souls aren't the same. I know cyber elves are basically the souls of machines, but that's different.
Shouldn't they be treated the same under verse equalization, given biometals had them implanted into them even though there were no remains of X, Zero or the Guardians to scavenge a hard drive or anything like that?

Zero has more applicable Erasure than Link does, given he actually is showable using it straight off the bat, while despite all the lolrealitywarp I never see that actually shown.

They mostly have the same abilities, and Zero resists literally all of his own abilities. I don't see many things Link has to ignore intangibility, and they both have a few trump cards over eachother.

Another thing, I would say Zero's ability to deflect or absorb energy attacks combined with a shield that can do the same for over a year is a pretty abusable defense, among other things he has.

Zero is 300, and that's an assumption from nowhere since Link has not spend nearly every moment of every day fighting, or the games should be much longer. Ganon afaik tends to stay defeated for a while.

Another thing is that the magic armor taxes Link's magic and rupees. Zero also isn't dumb enough to keep hacking while not watching Link's blade. After the first couple of swings he'd just get back and use one of his shields to reflect anything Link throws at him, such as the Guard Shell or Shield Boomerang, and Link is not getting past it seeing as the latter lasted Zero nearly a year of nonstop fighting at the end of MMZ1. Better yet, he could use a different cyber elf to absorb hits and heal from them.

Zero may or may not also have ressurection since he has cyber elves explicitly stated to give him more lives and Zero 4 shows that Cyber elves can revive broken machinery.

@Bruce

Link resists Erasure so GG

Fi, Link's Sword, has Info analysis and it'll tell Link which hax to use that Zero doesn't resist. So Link is going to pull out the winning hax faster.

Link can do the same thing And if it comes back to a Dead's Man volley, Link is more experienced doing that ovo

I mean, I doubt Zero did that, too. Also, Links do generally continue fightning after their game is finished, as we learn that OoT Link joined Hyrule's army, and ALTTP spent his life adventuring around the world to train his skills.

Assuming Link just doesn't use non-projectile hax...

My dude, many of these Zero resistances aren't on Zero's profile. Zero doesn't have EE resistance on his profile.

Don't be so certain. One of Zero's most common attacks is Ice, and many of his attacks can have it implemented into them, both in MMZ and MMX.

Considering Zero can maintain his shield practically indefinitely, I don't think experience will matter. Link would fall asleep before Zero's shield stopped working.

Yeah, but I doubt Link was fighting people on par with EoG Link or Ganon, as Zero consistently fights people on par with himself (At least physically)

Zero's entirely capable of keeping distance from people faster than himself, such as Omega, Sigma and others, so it should be fine for him.

The real cal howard said:
My dude, many of these Zero resistances aren't on Zero's profile. Zero doesn't have EE resistance on his profile.
Again, he gains these powers by fighting people with the powers he copies, or fighting the strongest cyber elf in the series that is the basis for all other elves. He resists everything on his page.

The real cal howard said:
Are you talking to me? I've never suggested that he didn't resist something.

BruceTheBatman said:
Zero has more applicable Erasure than Link does, given he actually is showable using it straight off the bat, while despite all the lolrealitywarp I never see that actually shown.

They mostly have the same abilities, and Zero resists literally all of his own abilities. I don't see many things Link has to ignore intangibility, and they both have a few trump cards over eachother.

Another thing, I would say Zero's ability to deflect or absorb energy attacks combined with a shield that can do the same for over a year is a pretty abusable defense, among other things he has.

Zero is 300, and that's an assumption from nowhere since Link has not spend nearly every moment of every day fighting, or the games should be much longer. Ganon afaik tends to stay defeated for a while.

Another thing is that the magic armor taxes Link's magic and rupees. Zero also isn't dumb enough to keep hacking while not watching Link's blade. After the first couple of swings he'd just get back and use one of his shields to reflect anything Link throws at him, such as the Guard Shell or Shield Boomerang, and Link is not getting past it seeing as the latter lasted Zero nearly a year of nonstop fighting at the end of MMZ1. Better yet, he could use a different cyber elf to absorb hits and heal from them.

Zero may or may not also have ressurection since he has cyber elves explicitly stated to give him more lives and Zero 4 shows that Cyber elves can revive broken machinery.
1) Ancient Arrows are Existance Erasure. He can have quite the supply. Link also resists Existance Erasure as the beams of the Guardians and from Calamity Ganon are filled with the energy that the Ancient Arrows posses. If Zero truly does have EE, make a thread about it to prove it to be true and be added to his profile.

2) Link himself is Non-corporeal due The Hero's Shade being a ghost. This is Composite Link. Also, Zero doesn't seem to resist dimensional BFR, which Link has. Link has always never had a problem in hitting ghosts or intangible beings, wether in Hylian form or Wolf form (said form that can sense and kill Poe's).

3) Composite Link is easily generations old.

4) Magic Armor in Wind Waker (if we don't count Wind Waker HD) is reliant on Magic to stay active, which in Composite Link's case, is unlimited. The moment Link has Wind Waker's Magic Armor on, Zero has effectively no way to get through his defenses. Also, Link has the Mirror Shield which he can use to deflect his attacks as well and can use Daruk's Protection to parry Zero open up to attacks. Also, Link can reduce all sorts of damage to 1/4th with the Guardian Acorn.

5) Zero may or may not have resurrection (again, make a thread about it to add it to his profile because he doesn't have it listed in his profile). Link has 2 types of auto-resurrection: Fairies (which he can have a lot of) and Mipha's Grace.

@Zeldasmash

Zero has EE, look near the bottom.

@Kepekley23

Considering the guy has fought Sigma practically once a week and the Mavericks are consistently portrayed to be comparable physically to the main characters (Storm Eagle surviving a fight with Sigma), and often resist at least a few hax, I would hesitate to call them outright fodder.

Considering this is composite link, you're definitely gonna need to elaborate on Zero having more experience here. Consider the feats and experience of people that Link has defeated, like Ganondorf and that one temple guy from BOTW who was like super old or something.

Wokistan said:
Considering this is composite link, you're definitely gonna need to elaborate on Zero having more experience here. Consider the feats and experience of people that Link has defeated, like Ganondorf and that one temple guy from BOTW who was like super old or something.
10.000 years to be exact.

Back