• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Classic Mega Man with the Double Rock Buster and Power Gear vs Malgax

Starting distance is 50 meters and Mega Man has access to all of his optional equipment

Speed is equalized

Both are High 5-A

Who wins?

Mega Man: 7

Vilgax:

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Okay it'd probably be too much of a stomp for any version of Mega Man so I might just change the opponent to Way Big

So Way Big either scales to 18.81 Yottatons based off the initial calc linked, or 1.72 Quettatons for being able to harm Third Form Malware.

So here's the issue now, Way Big doesn't resist any of Rock's Hax abilities so Rock can just use the Speed Gear or Time Stop to start weaving around Way Big's attacks before hax'ing him to death. Pretty sure is a much more skilled combatant as well.

So here's the issue now, Way Big doesn't resist any of Rock's Hax abilities so Rock can just use the Speed Gear or Time Stop to start weaving around Way Big's attacks before hax'ing him to death. Pretty sure is a much more skilled combatant as well.
Wouldn't Way Big still be able to one shot him with his lasers?

Wouldn't Way Big still be able to one shot him with his lasers?
Yes, but Rock can stop time, boost his speed significantly, fly and can teleport so he can avoid if he has to and even then Way Big will never start attacking a person sized opponent with his laser beam.

Yes, but Rock can stop time, boost his speed significantly, fly and can teleport so he can avoid if he has to and even then Way Big will never start attacking a person sized opponent with his laser beam.
Should I just change the opponent back to Vilgax then?

Okay, this is definitely a very interesting matchup.

Rock's durability is only 11.42 ronatons,so he's getting one shot if Vilgax touches him. And the only (non hax) method of Rock hurting him is the Power Gear and that'll barely do anything thanks to Vilgax being a little over 6 times stronger than Power Gear amped Rock. Also, Rock can't use Power Gear infinitely and he needs to take small beaks so the Double Gear system can cool down.

Despite the gap being so big, I still think that the AP gap won't matter here due to three reasons:
1. None of Vilgax's abilities are new to Rock. Rock already fought people with the same abilities as Vilgax so he should have experience avoiding those attacks.
2. As Souls mentioned, Rock has numerous good mobility options to help him avoid attacks like flight, Time Stop, Time Slow, and Speed Gear.
3. For Vilgax to win, he needs to kill Rock at least 9 times (I said at least because Rock can summon Eddie to get more Spare Bodies). If Rock messes up and gets hit, he'll die, and come back. He'll likely be far more cautious upon being revived and start to figure out Vilgax's fighting style, and figure out a way to counter said fighting style.

Vilgax has almost 0 resistances which isn't good if you're going against a character like Rock, a character who has a good amount of durability negating hax. Once he notices that Vilgax is a big threat, he'll probably finish Vilgax with one of those hax. I'm voting Rock.

Last edited:
Rock FRA. Hax like Absolute Zero, Time Stop, Black Hole Creation, Fire Manip (Vilgax resists regular fire manip but Rock's fire is > Earth's core temp, which is 4400C at a lowball), etc. go brr

Don't forget that Black Hole stops time on the enemy while BFR'ing them, making it borderline impossible to escape it unless you resist those two hax.

Rock FRA. Hax like Absolute Zero, Time Stop, Black Hole Creation, Fire Manip (Vilgax resists regular fire manip but Rock's fire is > Earth's core temp, which is 4400C at a lowball), etc. go brr
doing some research, I find that Vilgax has resistance to AZ since he survived being trapped in the ice of BiG CHILL, but my vote still remains for megaman, his versatility is still very absurd and he can reach 12 thousand degrees Celsius with Atomic fire to be more specific

I don't think Vilgax can kill Rock nine times in a row before Rock decides to just Hax him to death.
Mega man doesn't have any hax that kills vilgax instantly besides AZ but Vilgax has resistance to Az, the black hole, stop time, speed gear and the rest are just auxiliary, but maybe I'm forgetting something

Mega man doesn't have any hax that kills vilgax instantly besides AZ but Vilgax has resistance to Az, the black hole, stop time, speed gear and the rest are just auxiliary, but maybe I'm forgetting something
Alright I'll leave the thread as is, then. 3 votes for Mega Man

AZ resistance isn’t on the profile. Rock also has corrosion inducement, transmutation, Fire
Manipulation that far surpasses Villgax’s resistance, BFR, Black Holes. Rock has quite a few ways of durability negating Vilgax.
he endured the cold of the Big Chill that has Az in his profile, the transmutation only comes from his Mystery tank that only works on normal enemies and not on bosses, but now the rest... that's right, but this is not a Stomp in favor of mega man.

he endured the cold of the Big Chill that has Az in his profile, the transmutation only comes from his Mystery tank that only works on normal enemies and not on bosses, but now the rest... that's right, but this is not a Stomp in favor of mega man.
It very much so is and that just means the bosses have Transmutation Resistance, something Vilgax doesn't.

Like I said above, Rock's skill, Type 8 Immortality. and durability negating hax make it so the AP disadvantage is a non issue.

Back