• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link VS. Dante 2: Low-Godly Boogaloo (12 - 1 - 4)

ZephyrosOmega said:
So Dante is only 3.3x faster, which is lessened to <2x with pegasus seeds
If all of this is true, Link's attacks and most movements are still only 2.5x greater than normal and only when going in a straight line, his movement speed is 7.5x faster than normal.

pretty sure 2 x 1.5 equals 3, not 2.5

Dante being 3x faster is nothing, given that Link's tangled with the likes of Thunderblight ganon despite being heavily outmatched in terms of speed

The real cal howard said:
Going with Link, btw. Too many win options. Only a matter of time before Link does a guaranteed win move (even without counting Fi and Ezlo), like Stone/FD Mask, Triforce GG, time travel, or land an Ancient Arrow.
That's assuming Dante doesn't just seal him beforehand.

ZephyrosOmega said:
pretty sure 2 x 1.5 equals 3, not 2.5
Dante being 3x faster is nothing, given that Link's tangled with the likes of Thunderblight ganon despite being heavily outmatched in terms of speed
Correct.Dunno how I ****** that up lol.

This doesn't matter in VS debates. I've tried to use this argument for GoH characters who constantly face characters who blitz but by the nature of VS debating, it doesn't matter or is taken note of.

Theglassman12 said:
Going with Link, btw. Too many win options. Only a matter of time before Link does a guaranteed win move (even without counting Fi and Ezlo), like Stone/FD Mask, Triforce GG, time travel, or land an Ancient Arrow.
That's assuming Dante doesn't just seal him beforehand.
That assumes Dnate opens with sealing, which he does not according to the last thread we did on this and every ******* dante thread

Seriously tho, Link having experience fighting leagues faster opponents should count for something considering a 3x speed gap really isn't that much given the hax

@Zephyros When did I say he opens with Sealing? The moment Dante realizes normal killing won't do, he'll just pull the guns out to seal. He did that like twice against Arkham and against Mundus.

Theglassman12 said:
@Zephyros When did I say he opens with Sealing? The moment Dante realizes normal killing won't do, he'll just pull the guns out to seal. He did that like twice against Arkham and against Mundus.
That assuming Link doesn't use any of his many wincons first

Which again all depends on what he even starts with considering Composite Link doesn't have a clear mindset unlike Dante.

@ZephyrosOmega

Which is assuming he would have the chance.Which is assuming what Link starts with.

Remember Link's starting move is random unlike Dante.This is inconcluesive

Dienomite22 said:
@ZephyrosOmega
Which is assuming he would have the chance.Which is assuming what Link starts with.

Remember Link's starting move is random unlike Dante.This is inconcluesive
The best that can be argued is incon for Dante, and Link has way more wincons that he's more likely to use (Triforce)

No it's not incon at best for Dante. Sealing Link means he wins since Link doesn't resist it whatsoever.

And again Link in this state has no mindset whatsoever, so it's inconclusive at best for Link since it's up in the air on what he can even do.

I like that "link has no mindset" somehow equals "he's going to be stupid and not use any of his abilities while Dante freely whales on him until sealing"

Dante has a wincon, it's sealing and in it's character. Link has many win con but relies on chance and assumptions.

Dante's got one wincon. Link has at least 3, one of which is his main weapon, and the other of which is the main macguffin that he constantly uses.

ZephyrosOmega said:
I like that "link has no mindset" somehow equals "he's going to be stupid and not use any of his abilities while Dante freely whales on him until sealing"
But that isn't it. No mindset here means no typical starting tactic.The letting Dante whale on him part is from Dante having superior speed.

Dante's wincon is ALSO one of his main weapons so how does that even debunk Dante's wincon?

>he constantly uses

He uses the triforce like TWICE total in the entire series. Only one of them was it used to wish away his foes, and the other was to just undo the damage Ganon did, and again this is a composite of DOZENS of Links. and majority of them hardly if ever use the triforce against their foes mid combat.

Again, Dante doesn't start in DT. Saying he would start in DT here is like saying Goku would open with SSB against a Budokai opponent.

@Cal despite the fact that he's gone DT multiple times against formidable foes, and has Alastor to warn him of Link being a threat.

Again, Dante doesn't start in DT. Saying he would start in DT here is like saying Goku would open with SSB against a Budokai opponent.
>DMC5 Dante

>Not using DT

Lol

Every time Link has had the full triforce he pretty much immediately used it.

Adventure of Link: Revived Zelda as soon as he had it

Link to the Past: Fixed Ganon's mess as soon as he had it

Link between Worlds: See above

Theglassman12 said:
@Cal despite the fact that he's gone DT multiple times against formidable foes, and has Alastor to warn him of Link being a threat.
Ontop of that, he can detect threats aswell

@Zephyros that's not the same as wishing someone to erase their existance. By that logic that's like me saying Dragon Ball characters with prep time can summon the dragon and wish their foes away, despite like none of them ever even doing that with the dragon.

Please tell me how demons are comparable in perceived threat to a 17 year old in an elf getup? If Alastor would act like Fi in this situation, sure, but he has zero idea Link is formidable, as he sees a normal human, not a demon or half-demon. To Dante, Link is no different from Lady.

Theglassman12 said:
Dante never used alastor in DMC5, if memory serves.

Also, like Cal said above, he's fighting a green man in a skirt. not exactly what he deems threatening.

Please tell me how demons are comparable in perceived threat to a 17 year old in an elf getup? If Alastor would act like Fi in this situation, sure, but he has zero idea Link is formidable, as he sees a normal human, not a demon or half-demon. To Dante, Link is no different from Lady.
Alastor detect Nelo Angelo in a different dimension and disguised.Also, Dante can naturally detect his opponents.

Detect what, power level? No seriously, does he detect power level? Because if so, sure. But if not, it won't matter.

Theglassman12 said:
@Zephyros that's not the same as wishing someone to erase their existance. By that logic that's like me saying Dragon Ball characters with prep time can summon the dragon and wish their foes away, despite like none of them ever even doing that with the dragon.
Every time Link has the triforce, he has immediately used it. Why would he not use it to erase Dante in a combat situation?

The first thing he does in 4 is kill an old guy who is human in cold blood because Lady sended him there, now this is a battle, he knows he is fighting someone and is with the intent to kill.

What will happen is obvious.

Back