• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link VS. Dante 2: Low-Godly Boogaloo (12 - 1 - 4)

The real cal howard said:
Both have sealing, Link is quicker to the trigger with it and has more ways to abuse it.

Link is supereffective on Dante. Demon slaying sword, after all.

Link's more experienced

Link hands Dante his sword gg.
Don't really see how he can seal Dante with the sword when Dante can do the same thing at a distance with his pistols, especially when lol timestop isn't going to work on Dante.

Being part demon AND part human doesn't exactly make it fully effective against it.

So is Dante, he's fought countless of demons including the king of them all multiple times.

Unless the bunny hood and the pegasus boots can amp him to 10X speed, I doubt Link will easily hit him, especially when DT is one of Dante's go to move.

Also, Dante have Dimensional Travel, so he can escape normal Sealings

However, his Sealing nulls that since Mundus, a guy who can use Dimensional Travel, Avatar Projection that works on another dimensions and Portal Creation to another dimensions can't escape or interact while sealed by Dante's Sealing

Theglassman12 said:
Unless the bunny hood and the pegasus boots can amp him to 10X speed, I doubt Link will easily hit him, especially when DT is one of Dante's go to move.
Bunny hood can amp Link up to 25x.

GiverOfThePeace said:
Dante having dimensional travel won't stop him from escaping this sealing unless he can resist having his movement negated.
He doesn't need to move to use Dimensional Travel tho

GiverOfThePeace said:
Theglassman12 said:
Bunny hood can amp Link up to 25x.
i beg ya pardon

I swear if this came from the Mundus fight in 1...

I'm not gonna do anything about it so I'm just gonna debate with the stars listed like a good boy lol. Like I said before, I owe Kep and Paradox wayyy too much to question the stats of either GoW or DMC.

That said, Dante resists time stop but can he resist three layers of it? Time stop (stopwatch) on time stop (Phantom Sword) on time stop (Stasis Rune)?

From the scans I've seen it looks like it requires a form of movement. So idk where the "it doesn't . require movement" is coming from. Regardless Ganon has DT yet he can't escape sealing.

GiverOfThePeace said:
From the scans I've seen it looks like it requires a form of movement. So idk where the "it doesn't . require movement" is coming from. Regardless Ganon has DT yet he can't escape sealing.
What scans? Because it's basically teleportation

Link's sealing is better than Dante's. That's a given. Look no further than Demise getting his essence erased due to sealing, and that was without it being the Golden Master Sword and with the Triforce.

That said, Dante resists time stop but can he resist three layers of it? Time stop (stopwatch) on time stop (Phantom Sword) on time stop (Stasis Rune)?
If you have a issue with the speed rating it's best to address it to quell any issues or correct things.But to answer your question, most likely yes.

Trismagia, Mundus pocket thingy and there are probably others.

Also, isn't that and authority fallacy or something to not question something? I mean, if you think the tiers are wrong you can go and make a thread, no problem.

Void Mundua and The Despair are able to cause time stops, paradoxes and other things via presence alone and he can resist them on his own from dmc2 onwards and in 5 he absorbs the Sparda that grants resistance to za warudo too.

The question is, can link deal with 2 time stops and 1 time slow? plus the speed blitz

Dante Demon Killah said:
Also, Dante have Dimensional Travel, so he can escape normal Sealings

However, his Sealing nulls that since Mundus, a guy who can use Dimensional Travel, Avatar Projection that works on another dimensions and Portal Creation to another dimensions can't escape or interact while sealed by Dante's Sealing
^ I don't think link is doing better than this

Great knowledge on Zelda, bro. Except Ganon isn't Demise's reincarnation. He's Demise's hatred given form.
Oh really, so the whole curse that he placed where he'd constantly hunt down Zelda and Link's reincarnations didn't happen at all? Great to know that. Also how exactly does that disprove my point on how is essence not being erased when we see them being sealed inside the master sword rather than being erased?

You mean the curse he placed before he got sealed? Heck, you got it wrong because Link is the only one that reincarnated. Zelda has descendants and Ganon is the same barring FSA.

The direct and explicit statement of his essence being eradicated is what proves it. You think I just randomly chose the word "essence"? Of course I didn't. It's right there in the HH.

@Cal Right here when he loses to Link.

My hate.... never perishes. It is born again in a cycle with no end!

An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!

Explain to me how in the hell this is NOT him being reincarnated?

Back