• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link (Hyrule Warriors) vs Darth Vader

His mental resistances aren't in his profile and speed is equalized.

Rtamez11 said:
Link has mental resistance and Darth Vader armor make him less mobile, so I vote for Link
I mean that Vader movements are limited by the armor, I dont mean his speed

Also the tri force of courage Grants the wielder a small portion of the Goddess Farore's power, including amplified Magical power, Resistance to mind controlling effects. I dont make that stuff up that fact is coming from this page profile of the Tri Force and from the lore of LOZ

I do remember that being the case, it should be in his profile tho. Vader can do more than mind control with the force.

His fighting styles are adapted to the limits of his armor, specifically to fight faster opponents so mention that as a weakness is redundant.

And Link has also experience with bulky warrior like vader besides Link has diferents weapons in the game, one good hit with the power gloves and can be game over for Darth Vader

Ohhh~

This would be a pretty fun battle to watch. In term of pure swordplay, Vader has this in the bag. Not only his experience is greater, but he algo geared his fighting style to compensate for weaknesses. This is not discrediting Link. I think he can adapt and potentially even out-manuevering Vader a couple of times, but Vader simply has the best combat feats of the two.

The problem comes from the arena they are fighting in. The Halbert. While Link's arsenal is certainly deadly for Vader (Focus Spirit Gauntlets and Spinner comes to mind with their AoE electric attacks), if Vader times his attacks right (and probably should, thanks to precog) he could go for a good ol Force Push on Link and throw him out of the Halbert.

That said... The Fairies and/or Hookshot could get Link back on to the ship, but I mean... A Lightsaber could probably cut through the hook, so that option is limited to a one time only.

Another problem for Link is the fact that Vader uses his telepathy to enhance his swordplay. Yes, Link has a resistance to mindhax, but Vader could still percieve Luke's thoughts during their duel on top of the Death Star, taunting him when he got the information about Leia. In that specific instance it backfired, of course, and this probably wouldn't affect Link that much, but the fact that he could learn info through that remains.

The Great Fairy's attack (dropping Majora's Moon) is extreme, and I could see Link gaining an advantage through that, since they are in such a limited space. Even if Vader tried to stop it through telekinesis, it would take considerable efort from his part and through that Link spamming electric attacks would eventually cripple Vader.

But there is still a problem. Vader can survive without the armor.

Is a matter of if Link can do the exact stuff to win, and do it before Vader figures him out through telepathy and precog.

As such... Vader probably has the advantage in combat. Spinner and Gauntlet is pretty good, but for it to do an AoE Link has to stomp the ground. Vader could stop the stomp with telekinesis and go for a Saber Throw. Of course, Link could retaliate with bow and/or bombs, but I think it just too specific scenarios for Link.

All in all, Vader has the exact tools to take out Link... Without even counting Force Choke. (Though Link could escape summoning the Fairies)

Back