• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lightspeed Laser of G4

Status
Not open for further replies.
As is happening in many places, we will see here as well.

The laser follows some very important criteria, such as:

Pro

• Officially just called Laser / Light
  • Technological source (G4 is a robot created by the Organization )
  • Refraction (When in contact with vapor, it disperses, just like real light)
  • No explosion, it simply burns / melts what comes in contact, light produces heat.
However, it has one criterion that would disqualify it from being real light:

Against

• They do not travel in straight lines (unless you can prove refraction / reflection, see above)
But as mentioned, if you have refraction, it can be used , so in that case, you don't downgrade it.

But I already mentioned this above and I already showed scans, but as mentioned in the note itself, if you have refraction or reflection, it can be used.

If the bending is due to refraction/reflection then it's fine. If the "light" bends on its own, that's an antifeat for it being light. It's not a case where you got a character who can manipulate light either, G4 simply fires off lasers.

But it is not quoted, it is quoted that if you can prove refraction / reflection, bending is not a problem, and reflecting would not make it bend.
She meets various criteria,feats and quotes to be light.

Also, G4 does manipulate lasers, this has been shown several times.

That's clearly not what it means. It means that ways that light can bend legitimately is via refraction/reflection. In the scan I showed, there is no refraction involved.

What the page says is that if you can prove the light got reflect in any surface that would do that then it's not a problem because there's no weird refraction.

I personally think one anti-feat isn't enough to invalidate 4 solid points on why it is valid for lightspeed standards

I'm not sure but i think i saw other lightspeed feats get accepted while in similar situations before

But reflection / refraction does not bend light, it does not make sense. If it bends reflecting or refracting, it will double anyway.

G4 being a robot is hardly solid evidence for a realistic source of light. The lasers not exploding upon impact is simply not having an anti feat.

Also for a verse where even the god tiers haven't reached SoL yet, there is a greater burden of proof for the laser to be considered SoL.

Several true points have been proven true and so on ... However, this bending of light, without the fog around, leaves me with a flea behind the ear.

But I consider myself neutral. I'm fine if it's accepted as true laser.

The levels don't matter here, you're literally taking the issue somewhere else to try to invalidate things.

Being a robot is a proof of being a technological source, as much as it makes mention of the game that King and Saitama were playing, besides not exploding, it simply melts / burns, light produces heat.

I'm in the same page as Powerfull.

One anti-feat THIS big is certainly significant, but the rest of the criteria is met so I'm leaning towards agreement.

USklaverei said:
The levels don't matter here, you're literally taking the issue somewhere else to try to invalidate things.
Being a robot is a proof of being a technological source, as much as it makes mention of the game that King and Saitama were playing, besides not exploding, it simply melts / burns, light produces heat.
They certainly do. We'd need to be stricter when dealing with SoL in a verse with mostly MHS characters for the same reason we'd be strict if a peak human verse had a lightning dodging feat; there's a very high chance it could be an outlier.

Hardly, being a robot doesn't make it more realistic for you to fire light beams.

I don't see it being an explosion, there is only smoke, besides this being the only time it happens, every time it hits something, none of it has happened, even striking electrical wires.

No, that is blatantly an explosion, no if ands or buts about it. It has the same explosion affect that most over explosions in the series has, since the smoke is also accompanied by a zigzag pattern indicating explosive force. The fact that it only happens once is irrelevant; it is still an anti-feat for it being a real laser.

GyroNutz said:
They certainly do. We'd need to be stricter when dealing with SoL in a verse with mostly MHS characters for the same reason we'd be strict if a peak human verse had a lightning dodging feat; there's a very high chance it could be an outlier.

Hardly, being a robot doesn't make it more realistic for you to fire light beams.
Yes, but these exploits won't produce anything above Sub-Relativist and we have characters like Flashy as Relativist, which wouldn't be so wrong.

But it is quoted to be light and has been made to be light, it makes no sense to consider anything else just for a broken one.

As far as I see it, the Pro's has one legitimate point and two that proves nothing whilst the cons has two that explictly goes against our laser dodging standards.

Here is a comparison between explosions.
This is caused by Genos exploding the G4 puppet, notice the black strokes, they are different.

Might help if you didn't send a broken link.

For my part, I will demonstrate just one example of an explosion in One Punch Man. The one produced by G4 is identical, hence, it was an explosion. Furthmore, assuming this is what you intended to link to,the explosion produced by Genos is also near identical to G4's (first panel)

USklaverei said:
Yes, but these exploits won't produce anything above Sub-Relativist and we have characters like Flashy as Relativist, which wouldn't be so wrong.

But it is quoted to be light and has been made to be light, it makes no sense to consider anything else just for a broken one.
I doubt that there wouldn't be a single Relativistic level feat within that. Also top tiers like Tatsumaki and Golden Sperm are only Sub-Relativistic, Genos (let alone pre-G4 Genos) should be far beneath that.

Statements of it being light is the first, basic criteria it must meet to even be considered SoL.

GyroNutz said:
I doubt that there wouldn't be a single Relativistic level feat within that. Also top tiers like Tatsumaki and Golden Sperm are only Sub-Relativistic, Genos (let alone pre-G4 Genos) should be far beneath that.

Statements of it being light is the first, basic criteria it must meet to even be considered SoL.
No, I have already calculated all feats and in all, the results are Sub-Relativistic, at most a Sub-Relativistic + reaction.
Tatsumaki can follow Sonic and even press him by controlling the Shurikens in order to hit him, so she certainly has a much higher level than she actually is.

But we have statements and deeds.

In fact looking at it well looks like an explosion, just that it may not have been caused by the Laser, since as I mentioned here, it had already cut poles and wires eletric and no explosion happened, it literally just melted.

It matters when you have more counter evidence than positive evidence.

I like how the arguments against this thread and the other threads that are being brought up are getting ignored

So this laser not only explodes but bends as well.

I'm against it completely. The bending beams, them exploding, and more importantly it being a massive outlier are major things to consider. So as before I just say we ignore it.

Yes, the beam is called light, if it refracts, it comes from a technological source, let's ignore it just because it bends, and on the site itself says that proving refraction or reflection, can be used.
Ignorance sometimes surprises me.

The Calaca said:
What the page says is that if you can prove the light got reflected in any surface that would do that then it's not a problem because there's no weird refraction happening .

I genuinly do not understand how this point has not gotten through to you yet, but the page specifies that there must be proof of refraction in the scene in which they are bending. The example with the steam is the one and only example you have, in every other instance in which the lasers bend, there is no source of refraction shown. You understand that just because you showed one instance of refraction does not mean it applies to instances in which no refraction is shown. At that point, they are clear and obvious contradictions.

USklaverei said:
Yes, the beam is called light, if it refracts, it comes from a technological source, let's ignore it just because it bends, and on the site itself says that proving refraction or reflection, can be used.
That's still irrelevant. A reliable source would be something like a flashlight or a form of luminescence (e.g. the illicium of an anglerfish). Robots by default don't fire out real light/lasers.

Yes, I know, but it's one more point as it refracts and is called light.

So I've been thinking and these curves really are a very strong point against that but, it also showed to move in a straight line.
Considering that G4 can manipulate these lasers, we might consider that when it manipulates them, it affects its speed, but when it simply fires, could it be the speed of light?

Here and here it is shown to move in a straight line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back