• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Light Yagami vs Hannibal Lecter

okay so what does light know?

is he aware that someone is after him

when is this?

where are they at the start of the battle?

Yeah, a lot of important info needs to be clarified.

Is it like, a straight up fight between the both of them from a few metres away? Or are they searching for eachother in a large area? Or what?

straight up fight then hannibal wins via just being a better muderer then light even without the samurai training hes still fought plenty of people as he is a ******* murderer whereas light just writes a few names into a book then presto mass murder

we just need to know where they are then we can start making judgements

1. They are both aware someone is trying to kill them

2. Both start at the max range possible according to SBA

3. SBA says the fight takes placs in a park

Light isn't much of a fighter, so he'd probably run away and make research until he finds his name, does this fight take place in Lecter's universe? Otherwise nobody would know it.

I dunno, Light would probably just, pay an assassin or something.

Hold on a second, why the **** does Hannibal have normal human speed? That's stupid, someone should change that. Logically, it should be athletic human.

Also, Hannibal is more likely to try to expose L's emotional weakness and talk him into killing himself then just flat out kiling him

Yeah, that's true, but though Light isn't exactly sane, and definitely has some mental weaknesses, he's probably a bit smarter than Lecter, and would likely not fall for it.

i mean if light gets to a computer or a library wtf will he find

if light just searches up "famous killers" then it depends on in what universe hes in if hes in hannibals universe then the first person who shows up will probably be lecter then he wins

if its in the death note universe then how will he learn his name if he searches it up he will probably just get shown theories on him

i dont know it could go either way this one

Location: Central Park, New York City. The location can be left during the course of battle. If extreme advantages are generated via this location to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread.

If we assume this is in Central Park, there are a decent amount of places Light could go for research. Seeing as a quick internet search confirms the existence of like, at least three libraries in a close distance, this is probably decisive if he can get away. Also, verse equalization would allow research to be done on Hannibal regardless.

Ah, I see. Then I think Light just runs away. Lecter might be able to outsmart him in this situation, however, and manage to reach him.

Nah, Lecter wouldn't be able to outsmart Light in this situation. Lecter is very intelligent, but he's not really on Light's level. Light managed to repeatedly outsmart the person considered to be the world's greatest detective by all measures, even in situations where he didn't have control over the course of events and had to improvise. I can't say for 100% certain, mind you, but I'm very doubtful Lecter would be smart enough to outmatch that.

Okay, so.

Light is an opportunist, and frankly overconfident. The second he thought he knew L's name, he killed him in public, and he killed that one woman who had information literally while on the street with her. He is unlikely to just straight up run, I feel, when he could potentially just outsmart Lecter to get his name.

If Light can figure out the name of any people in the park, Lecter could just get mobbed by people. Meanwhile, Lecter is a talented psychologist and murderer, but he doesn't possess hax. Lecter needs to fight Light basically in a 1v1 where, while he has the advantage, there's still the chance Light just beats on him since Light himself is no slouch.

So in the end there are just more opportunities for Light to win.

I don't think the Death Note can be used to assassinate other people, might be wrong on that though, but iirc if you try that it fails and defaults to a heart attack. Even if it didn't, he couldn't possibly find out the names of enough people rapidly while Lecter chases him

The only realistic way for Light to use the Death Note is on Lecter himself.

In a hand to hand fight, there's a very skilled athletic adult man who has overpowered and killed two cops at once and is far more experienced, and then there's Light, whose only feat is getting kicked by L and playing a tennis match. He stands no chance in a fight.

However, Lecter would likely toy with Light first, and Light could possibly use that to get his name and write it on the hidden poece of paper in his clock. Lecter is a bit less smart but he's incredibly attentive, I think the odds of them winning are about even, and it's an Incon vote from me

@Armorchompy I didn't say assassinate. The Death Note can dictate the exact actions of the people beforehand and that in of itself allows any number of potential benefits to Light. And... why couldn't Light do that? It seems incredibly easy to learn someone's name.

And yes, my vote is for Light.

Also: Athletic applies to Light as well. It is established he is like... what, the national champ in a particular bit of athletics? Been a long time since I watched but as I said before, he's no slouch.

Yes, he could use them to distract him or stop him, but I doubt that'd gain him much time.

And yes, it's easy, unless there's a murderer chasing you at the exact same speed you go at. Though it's very funny to imagine them running in circles while Light shouts "Hello sir! What's your name?" to a random passerby.

And yes, he is athletic, but it's Tennis iirc, not exactly the most combat-usable skill. In the one fight he's in, he delivers a blow to L, who barely minds it then floors him. I'd say that having nearly no combat experience against a guy who has Street+ dura and imo should just be Street+ and is a serial killer who subdues people physically very often before brutally murdering them classifies as standing no chance.

True, but in such a close match, any plus is a plus to be considered.

They don't start face to face. They start at maximum range of their tools up to 4 km by SBA, so Light begins kilometers away and can generally just gtfo.

"Who barely minds it". No? He flat out says it really hurt and it knocked over a couch by just flinging L into it. I'd argue if it comes down to a fight, there is a small but possible chance that Light could win an encounter. 9-C dura isn't impossible to overcome from a lower tier, just using a weapon could do it.

Going for Light FRA. Needs to be noted that Hannibal is distinctively Street level+ at his peak performance. Not every blow or attack he attempts is going to be that strong, he's Athlete at least for a reason. I also doubt Lecter has any further information on Light, so I'm not seeing why he'd attempt to use his peak strength to attack a much younger, less bulky man. I know Hannibal is a Genius, but that rating isn't referring to his combat skill alone and doesn't mean he lacks the ability of underestimation.

Reminds me of Light vs Rohan, where Rohan probably could of just ran up and beat the shit out of Light.

Back