• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Light Yagami vs Hannibal Lecter

Correct me if im wrong but isn't light a Pro tennis player. I think that would give him a fitness advantage because Hannibal is an out of shape old man.

Both of them are fairly in shape and have shown a capacity for combat, yeah.

In my personal opinion it seems Hannibal seems like he would easily win. It seems I was thinking of the older movies, I didn't know he had movies where he was younger.

Actually. Does anything stop Hannibal from just going 2:32 and eating Lights face off? As well. Now looking at it. He probably is tougher and stronger by beating these guards. And he has Street level durability regardless. So Light is gonna have trouble even hurting Hannibal. I'm switching to him for now less convinced otherwise.

Nobody's arguing he wouldn't win in a direct fight, but neither really actually will attempt to kill the other immediately, Lecter is in particular kind of a ****** and likes to play with his food (har har har)

Light still will have a pretty hard time hurting Lector. Melee combat isn't an option. But he wouldn't know that. Simply on the fact, Lector is far too tough. And Lector could easily kill light just by pulling that sort of move, and probably is a stronger degree than light. The best option I see for light is the death note. But He is gonna have a hard time learning Hannibal's make. Only way I see is if he can get it from Hannibal himself, and that would likely require him to be close. And since SBA. They do start out close. Hannibal can still beat on light. Gonna be hard to both get and write down a name while someone is beating on you. And it's not like light is winning close up. That durability is too much.

Idk Im still siding with Hannibal, I've rewatched Death Note atleast 5 times and is one of my favorite anime ever. He hasn't went up against someone like him...

Yeah, I overall agree and I think I voted Hannibal. To be fair, Light should be a bit smarter, but Hannibal is INCREDIBLY perceptive, and, even though he doesn't know about the Death Note, he wouldn't let his victim write down his name, since that's basically an invite for the police to find him.

EDIT: Apparently my vote wasn't counted, so I'll say it again, Hannibal FRA and for my reasons.

Butters why have you just completely failed to understand the arguments placed before you? Nobody said Hannibal wouldn't win a direct fight. I would argue Light is smart enough to not just get one punched yeeted, like those normal humans did, but Light's win condition is the Death Note which you've disastrously ignored in your posts. Light managed to get the name of a woman he was walking with who was both A. going to turn in information about the Death Note, and B. Exceedingly cautious about who she spoke to about such things.

"Haha hannibal str0nger" though I guess. Your vote is also based on faulty reasoning because they don't start close, they start four kilometers away from each other due to the Death Note working from that distance.

I've already explained why the Death Note would be really hard to Light to use, and face it that woman was pretty stupid, and Light had a point of leverage to start his manipulation, which was pretending to be in charge of the operation she would join iirc, which he doesn't here.

Light FRA, Light could write a near by Criminal to face Hannibal Lecter for him.

Even if they started that far away. It's not like he suddenly can know his name. That distance is pointless if it offers no way to attack Hannibal. He would need to know his name. Which he would need to get from Hannibal. That's a point I brought up

"Only way I see is if he can get it from Hannibal himself, and that would likely require him to be close"

So the point isn't faulty there. Cause that issue still stands. Hannibal is far different to what light has handled. I don't see him getting his name and using the death note in time

This wasn't even just "Haha hannibal str0nger" like you put it. It's the issue of him even being able to use the thing in time. It's not as simple as writing his name down. Cause 1. He doesn't know it 2. There's a killer attacking him 3. This man is very smart and brutal himself.

That is true he could just use someone to kill him, but has he done that in character? And does he even know his name? He's going to have to write Kill *Insert Name*

Iirc you can't use the death note to directly assassinate someone else, you can with specific circumstances but it's not something you can just do easily

Also. What's the assumption that someone else even could? Like it would also have to be someone who's actually strong enough to hurt Hannibal. If it's just some random person doing it. They likely get slapped. assuming it's even a specific character say from the Death Note universe. Nobody to my knowledge is even strong enough to kill Hannibal

One on one, no. But considering how he kills multiple people at once, it not NLF to say Light can write multiple people to attack Lecter.

And he has shown controlling people a lot when Light faced off against Ray Penber.

He'd have to find out their names, as there's a serial killer chasing him. And those people would have to find Lecter, if Light instead got away and did it from far away.

Assuming even one person he knows the name of was there is iffy. And doesn't promise a win since that durability is so high. His only real way he gets the win is actually killing him With the deathnote by writing lector's name in it. Which he doesn't have.

You'd need like, 10 people or so to reliably kill him. And even then he should be able to outrun them.

Armorchompy said:
I've already explained why the Death Note would be really hard to Light to use, and face it that woman was pretty stupid, and Light had a point of leverage to start his manipulation, which was pretending to be in charge of the operation she would join iirc, which he doesn't here.
"Naomi was previously an FBI agent, and she had assisted L on the LABB case. She quit the FBI in anticipation of her marriage prior to the start of the series."

So no, she was a gifted enough FBI agent that A. she was able to assist L in the past, and B. IIRC he remembered her as being really ******* good at it. So this is just flat out wrong. So we have tangible proof that L can manipulate those actively seeking to root him out and those that are at least somewhat on par with his own intelligence, both of which are what Hannibal is.

L using the Death Note rampantly is in-character and he's adept enough to do so without being noticed much. Meanwhile Hannibal has a much more direct approach of winning via just outsmarting the foe on the fly and probably shanking them in the throat, or what he did in that ambulance. It's far from unreasonable to say L has the tact and the abilities to outmaneuver Lecter.

Mr. Bambu said:
Armorchompy said:
"Naomi was previously an FBI agent, and she had assisted L on the LABB case. She quit the FBI in anticipation of her marriage prior to the start of the series."
So no, she was a gifted enough FBI agent that A. she was able to assist L in the past, and B. IIRC he remembered her as being really ******* good at it. So this is just flat out wrong. So we have tangible proof that L can manipulate those actively seeking to root him out and those that are at least somewhat on par with his own intelligence, both of which are what Hannibal is.

L using the Death Note rampantly is in-character and he's adept enough to do so without being noticed much. Meanwhile Hannibal has a much more direct approach of winning via just outsmarting the foe on the fly and probably shanking them in the throat, or what he did in that ambulance. It's far from unreasonable to say L has the tact and the abilities to outmaneuver Lecter.
Alright, she was supposed to be smart, but she was tricked like an idiot. Call it being a bit gullible, being still in shock from the death of her boyfriend, or PIS, but it wouldn't work on Lecter, especially since Light has nothing to start off from, as I already explained. And yes, Light has that pocket watch thing, but one of Lecter's most famous traits is that he is incredibly perceptive, he would definitely notice. And yes, Light could outsmart him, but he is at a serious disadvantage here cause he knows nothing about Lecter, has no way to get leverage on him. Light managed to trick that woman because he was in the right position, and he knew what she wanted, to be part of the investigation. Here, all Lecter wants is some good ol' Liver And Chianti.

... also, you wrote L instead of Light.

1. Sorry for the type, tbf it's 3:30 AM here.

2. The fact that a person that was so obviously described as being smart and given feats (and impressive ones at that) to support that description was handled like an idiot by someone like Light is exactly the point I'm making and the one you're missing.

3. "it wouldn't work on Lecter because of the lack of reasons I'm giving here". This isn't a debunk, this is a belief that's based on nothing. Being perceptive doesn't help when you don't know what to be perceptive towards. An irregular trait might be picked up but with no prior knowledge Lecter has no means to capitalize on this- this is doubly true as the Death Note is a supernatural object, something Lecter literally has no reason to think about until its too late.

1: Yeah that's fair enough lol

2: I can understand your point and partially agree, but I will say that just because one is very good at a detective job doesn't mean they are as good at not being tricked.

3: I meant Light has no real way to trick him into giving him his name, not that Lecter would know about the Death Note. That said, if a serial killer like him sees someone writing down their name, they would absolutely try to prevent that. After all, it's proof that they were the one to do the killing. For the same reason I feel he wouldn't give him his name so easily.

3. Does Lecter even care? He's a convicted murderer who escaped from prison, writing down his name isn't the bad part. Not that it matters since A. Light could easily just write it out of sight from Lecter, and B. I don't know how Lecter would decipher what he was writing from any point of view that wasn't either Light's own or over his shoulder.

He escaped prison, which probaly meant he didn't like to be there in the first place, which means he'd rather not go there again, even if he can escape it again. IIRC he killed for several years before being caught.

The only way Light has to get his name is to get it from him, so unless he managed to find him, not get killed, managed to manipulate him into getting his name, and get away, he's not gonna be able to do that from out of sight. As for Lecter deciphering what he's writing, well, he just needs to see he's writing something to want to prevent him from doing so. Besides, the only piece of the Death Note Light usually carries with himself is the small shred in his watch, and it takes a few seconds to open it, get a pen/cut yourself to write it with blood and actually write the name, especially Hannibal Lecter, which is a damn long name, during which Hannibal can stop him. Even if he weren't to think him writing down his name is a bad thing, there's no reason for him to let him write it down anyway.

Yeah, but he was still in prison. Having his name written down doesn't inherently mean he's being put in prison. The point isn't that he went for a long time before being caught, the point is that he was caught, and can clearly avoid capture. I don't think Lecter would actually care.

That's false. Hannibal having already been caught means his name is on record. Light could literally just leave and search up records and find Lecter. I see no reason why this wouldn't happen.

"Lecter was caught in March or April 1975 by Will Graham, an FBI Special Agent and profiler who was investigating a series of murders in the Baltimore area committed by a cannibalistic serial killer, and had sought Lecter out after discovering he'd treated one of the victims for a hunting wound. When Graham questioned Lecter at his psychiatric practice, he noticed some antique medical books in his office. Upon seeing these, Graham instinctively knew Lecter was the killer he sought; the sixth victim had been killed in his workshop and laced to a pegboard in a manner reminiscent of Wound Ma, an illustration used in many early medical books. Graham realized that the hunting wound that led him to Lecter was similar to one in the illustration which inspired Lecter to further emulate the illustration. Graham left to call the police, but Lecter crept up from behind and stabbed him with a linoleum knife, nearly disembowelling him. However, Graham managed to survive the encounter, while Lecter was then apprehended by FBI agents and Maryland State Troopers."

From the Hannibal wiki. He definitely did not want to be caught, he just made a mistake and was unlucky enough for the agent on the case to know what Wound Man was. So "he was caught, and can clearly evade capture" works, but he did not get caught on purpose or anything. In fact, he tried to kill the guy who found out, so that definitely takes that possibility out of the picture. Hannibal never wanted to be in prison, and he was usually very careful not to leave any proof.

This doesn't take place in his verse tho, does it? If that can work, then yeah Light wins easily lol, as long as he can get away. Wait, wouldn't that be self-BFR?

You're really strawmanning me here. I'm not saying Lecter wants to be caught, never did. I'm saying he has no reason to care if someone he believes he's going to kill is writing his name down. I'm also putting forth the idea that Light doesn't actually have to interact with Lecter to overcome him.

No, it takes place in New York, which is still a place with functioning computers that Light could pretty easily access. Self BFR is fine so long as it abides by the SBA win conditions (basically Light would have to win in a set amount of time or remain in "combat" until won- combat in this case could be taken as "trying to kill the other dude").

Ah alright, I misunderstood you. Still, I think that if they met, Lecter would end up winning more often than not.

And yes, functioning computers, but don't the two spawn in a neutral verse? One that wouldn't have any info on Lecter.

I mean. The normal universe that both of them inhabit is a neutral universe, information should still be accessible.

Back