• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Tale of Two Yagamis

Light Yagami vs Takayuki Yagami
Speed not equal
Both start in their respective places of residence
Takayuki is hired by Japanese law enforcement to find Kira, without Light's initial knowledge
Light is aware of Takayuki's reputation as a lawyer, but doesn't know his face or that he's currently a PI trying to track him down

Takayuki seems impressive but I think Light would be able to win based on what he was shown to be capable of against Raye Penber. That is unless Takayuki already knows that Light is Kira, which would mean Takayuki would win easily.

Yeah Takayuki pretty much goes the route of Raye here from what I'm seeing, probably Ryuk tips Light off unless we count that as outside help

Yeah Takayuki pretty much goes the route of Raye here from what I'm seeing, probably Ryuk tips Light off unless we count that as outside help
I assume that Ryuk is mysteriously absent from versus matchup scenarios that don't clarify that he's allowed, since Ryuk counts as outside influence and that's disallowed by default, even though he's a neutral observer most of the time. I think that Light would've eventually discovered that Raye was following him even if Ryuk hadn't informed him, without accidentally revealing that he's Kira. The difference is that How to Read confirms that Raye had bad stealth skills while Takayuki does have good stealth skills, so Takayuki would be more of a threat to Light than Raye was. I think that if Light were to discover that Takayuki would be spying on him, then it's not difficult to imagine that Light would come up with a brilliant plan to get him killed, if that would even be required.

If I specify in rules that Soichiro doesn't know about Takayuki's assignment either, would that possibly make it more fair?

Back