• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Light vs Darkness! Protectors of Balance! Aqua vs Bayonetta!

Aqua vs Bayonetta
"Bayonetta receives a special invite from Rodin, apparently he managed to get ahold of some info of someone who just might be able to give her a challenge. They're called a Keyblade Master. If she feels up to the opportunity and coughs up enough halos he'll give up the ticket. Aqua sensing a powerful and wicked source of dark energy prepares herself when a portal appears in her home."

Aqua - 0 ()

VS

Bayonetta - 0 ()

BATTLE CONDITIONS:

Speed is equalized.

Both are High 4-C, Bayonetta is Bayonettta 2 tier.

Both have no knowledge beyond Bayonetta knowing Aqua wields a key type of blade and Aqua knowing Bayonetta is proficent in the element of darkness.

Win via any method.

Both are in-character.

Fight takes place the Main Hall of The Land of Departure, starting distance is 20 meters.

Aqua resists time manip anyways.

Anyways, Aqua seems to have the AP advantage by tens of times, respectively, so this pretty much boils down to who hits the other first (as Bayo´s main attacks ignore durability), with Aqua likely being able to take a second hit thanks to Second Chance and Once More.

Abstract Existence isn´t combat applicable for Aqua anyways.

She also resists that, regardless.

But would Bayonetta be likely to start with her few weapons that have Soul Hax? she has TONS of equipment and only a scant few would give her such a victory.

Then just replace Aqua with some Heartless, I guess that´s the only thing standing a fair chance now.

Fair enought.

However, I have to tell you, while Weekly´s CRTs tend to get accepted easily when finally published, they take at best weeks to be done (research, etc.).

WeeklyBattles said:
From what ive been tol by other knowledgeable members of KH Aqua dies to bayo's soul hax
KH characters don't need a soul to exist, and darkness corrupts all aspects of one's existence down to their concept, which includes the soul.

Lingering Will is the opposite, e is only a soul possessing an armor to simulate a body.

Outside of that, if you mean that Aqua could come back as a Heartless, Bayo getting the ability to kill abstract entities should just say no, as chances are it´s going to just be fodder due to the poor amount of darkness.

Those weren't my points. Terra's body lacked his soul since it went to his armor when Xehanort possessed him, ergo Terranort/Terra did not have a soul (there's also Xehanort only inserting his heart into Terra, and not his soul).

Sora lacked a soul after becoming a Heartless since it went to Namine and Roxas, and still lacked it after Kairi purified his heart. Sora's soul was destroyed when he was killed by the Demon Tower. Ansem was a Humanish Heartless like Sora and still functioned without a soul. My point is that Aqua will be fine if her heart survives to command her body.

Where's stated that Xehanort didn´t insert his soul too?

Kairi's light is what recompleted Sora, which includes his soul.

No, the Demon Tower conceptually destroyed his heart, not the soul.

Ansem is a Heartless, yes, but you have to become a Heartless first for that, as you can tell.

Xehanort's entire plan was to insert his heart, not his soul, we even see just his heart going into Terra.

It didn't include his soul because Ansem's report only mentions Sora using Kairi heart to return to Human form instead of his own, his soul went to Roxas and Namine.

Chirithy literally states that the soul, body, and heart perishing at once is what death is. The fact Sora's body was split and only his heart remained means his soul was already destroyed.

My point is that Ansem functioned without soul, not that Aqua will come back as a Heartless to fight Bayonetta.

The heart and the soul are tied, one can grow from the other respectively.

And yes, Sora´s soul went somewhere else, when Kairi recompleted him, he simply got another one.

Yes, but Sora's body wasn´t splitted, but rather the heart, as... "But on the outside you're just fine" - Chirithy, meaning that he still had his soul there.

Also, Ansem =/= Terranort, they are separate, even if the former comes from the latter.

Yes, the heart is tied with all aspects of someone, not just the soul. It's never stated the soul can reconstruct itself like the heart, so you'll need to prove that it can.

Uh what? The journal entry or anything implies Kairi recreated his soul, it's headcanon to think other wise. Sora was in the same case with Ansem, both gained a Human form while existing as a heart.

Chirithy was referring to his heart. journal states Sora's body was split

Once again, that's not my point. It was that Ansem still had a human form without a body or soul and still functioned, this point doesn't relate to any other character besides Aqua.

Well, I really can`t think of an actual way without a headcanon, unless I may be missing something.

Yes, Sora got a soul too, that is what makes a Somebody different from a Heartless, you know, having a body, soul and heart at once, unlike Ansem, who is just darkness and a heart, but no soul.

I can't access that link, can you post the screenshot here?

Ansem is special, eh is an Emblem Heartless, meaning that he had the time to be shaped properly based on Terra, unlike most Heartless which just come depending on the enviroment.

Kk.

Once again, he didn't have a soul. Sora was still technically a Heartless and not a somebody, you're going to need to prove that Kairi is capable of recreating a soul, something she has never shown.

Here .

What? Ansem is not an Emblem Heartless. He literally states himself that he had transended to that of only a heart , and regained a physical body while possessing Riku . Ansem is entirely a Pureblod Heartless.

"I have transcended to an existence of only the heart. I should have come back as a Heartless, but there is no sign of such a transformation."

Yes, he didn't have a soul anymore when that happened, Kairi being the one that returned him to a whole is just clear, no statements are needed as otherwise Sora would fall as something else than a Somebody, which isnt the case, especially considering, you know, Roxas and Naminè being born and all.

Yes, Sora's heart had issues, but his body and soul were good enought, Sora got in the Final World thanks to Kairi, so don't mix those up.

The wiki says that Ansem is an Emblem Heartless (he has the symbol on his chest, after all), him being special enought to hold a physical form is another thing.

What is the Pureblood to Ansem is what we now know is to be his "Stand" aka, the remains of Terra.

He wasn't a somebody, Namine and Kairi had his soul and body, simple as that. Nomura himself literally acknowledges that Sora was basically still a Heartless.

"Is anti-form originated from when Sora got turned into a Heartless? Story-wise, yes. Drives are very strong so anti-form exists as a side-effect of using too much power. System-wise, I wanted to create something strong but troublesome." https://www.khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-2006-Nomura-Interview-2569

I'm not mixing them up. Chirithy blatantly said he was hanging on by a thread, with both his body and heart already damaged. That's literal confirmation his soul was destroyed.

Why are you using the KH wiki as evidence? There's literally statements that confirm that Ansem is a Pureblood Heartless, not an Emblem. The emblem on his chest is at best a decoration and doesn't mean anything beyond that.

The Guardian isn't a Heartless, Nomura confirmed that himself. It's Terra's heart being sealed.

Because Sora just absorbs too much darkness which leads into that, not him actually being a Heartless.

What part exactly states that his body was damaged? Because Chirithy also said that Sora was fine on the outside.

As for the rest... well, it likely is outdated:

"Ansem, Seeker of Darkness appears to have characteristics of both Emblem and Pureblood Heartless, in both his human and world forms. In both forms, he carries the Heartless emblem on his chest, though in human form it could possibly be an article of clothing. Notably, though, the otherwise identical outfit worn by Master Xehanort does not possess the emblem. Furthermore, the shadowy symbiote attached to him in both forms possesses the "hollow heart" shared by many other Pureblood Heartless. Though it is uncertain what the situation of this Heartless is, it is possible that this makes him both an Emblem and Pureblood Heartless."

It sounds like Ansem is simply an Emblem Heartless, but I would like to hear what supports Ansem being a Pureblood beyond what now we know is Terra's heart.

Don't strawman my point. Nomura was blatantly referring to Sora as a form of a purified Heartless, with the Anti Form being a result of Sora having turned into a Heartless.

Chirithy was talking about on a metaphysical level he was not fine, his body still existed, it was just split. That's what he meant.

Because it is outdated. The only evidence comes from Ansem having an Emblem simple, that's it. That can literally be explained as since he's the one who invented the symbol, he'd put it on himself. Everything from how Ansem extracted his own heart to his own words is the exact same process of how a Pureblood Heartless is created. Wait are you saying Ansem had Terra's heart? Because if you are, that's wrong.

Yes, Sora was a Heartless, and the Anti Form is a reference to that, and while there are no statements of Kairi just making another body and soul for Sora, everything makes sense with that happening, because the assumption that Sora still lacks those leaves far more questions, even the wiki says the above in a way.

Well, for a reason Ansem is listed as an "Special" Heartless, and him putting it on himself with nothing to support that "he felt like it" leaves more questions too than him just being, you know, an Emblem Heartless.

And I didn't mean it like that, but like how it was said above, "Terra's heart being sealed.", but that may not be the most important part.

The wiki saying still saying it is irrelevant when it's wrong, Kairi did not make him a soul and nothing suggests that. Once again, Nomura literally states Sora was purified into a Human form by Kairi, he makes no mention of a soul being created.

That debunks Ansem just having the emblem symbol how? Literally everything shows that he's a Pureblood Heartless, you can't argue against it. He's a special Heartless because he kept his memories just like Sora.

Terra's heart was put into the Guardian, I was refuting you calling it a Heartless.

The problem is that if Sora was just "purified", then Roxas still becoming Sora's Nobody anyways leaves even more questions.

Oh I just remembered, your point on Ansem is that he lacks a body or soul, per Heartless definition, which I agree with, however, what I don't agree with is that you don't have to be a Heartless to be around without a soul.

He's called a special Nobody, simple as that, so this point is moot.

Refer to the Sora and Terra exmaple. You don't need a soul to entirely function, just your body and heart is good enough.

Back