• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Light speed Magi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see personally no problem with this, but I am going to do some quick math on the first one, not a calc to be taken seriously.

So it looks generally speaking, Titus blocked light from about three meters from his face based on a general gist of the panel, that would be Relativistic reaction speed, so around a third the speed of light.

Keep in mind magiverse does already have this link to begin with anyway, similar to lightning and I do think it not too far of a stretch to assume it functions like real light.

Well, it is rather controversial, so I would appreciate further staff input.

@Antvasima

According to the Magi Wiki, Light Magic can be dispersed by a steam cloud or reflected with a mirror, which fulfills major criteria for our Laser/Light Beam Dodging Feats along with the fact that it moves in a straight line.

The former is demonstrated in the first scan provided above, but if anyone has the latter it'd be greatly appreciated.

If the light is actually dispersed and reflected, and it is stated that light of the Magi world is natural, then I would think it certainly is real light.

Well considering the shown scans and from what has been said, this looks reasonable enough to be accepted

The question is, which of the relativistic speeds would it qualify for?

It looks like to me titus and yamuraiha blocked it fairly close to their face (maybe at most three meters away)

I think everyone gets Relativistic or Relativistic+ Reaction Speed and Speed of Light attack speed for wizards, some metal vessels do use light to attack as well, so that should be factored in as well.

Also this villai

She uses light to inflict mind control as well and we don't have these resistances for Alibaba, Aladdin and Morgianna.

They should probably be added to as well.

(Just wanted to bring this up and not make another crt involving this)

But tldr: it acts like real light, it seems to be real light.

Best to have it calced to be sure.

@Kinkiest

If they can reflect her mind control invovling light, then all they're doing is reflecting light. We can't just stamp Mind Manipulation resistance when they're blocking the medium rather than withstanding the ability itself.

Reppuzan said:
Best to have it calced to be sure.
@Kinkiest

If they can reflect her mind control invovling light, then all they're doing is reflecting light. We can't just stamp Mind Manipulation resistance when they're blocking the medium rather than withstanding the ability itself.
To my knowledge, it is not reflect.

Aladdin also didn't know anything but basic magic at this point since this was before the Magnostadt arc.

here is her saying that they are resisting mind control, not reflecting it

It does seem to show actual properties of light as Reppuzan mentioned, and not just empty statements. I approve it.

The only problem with this is that we've seen cases of Lightning and Light magic moving at the same speed, and Light is hundreds of times faster so it makes no sense.

Case in point

Arba using Hakuei's body releases 2 attacks, Flash ajola and Ramz al-Salos

Both of which are stated to be a Lightning and Light magic based attacks respectively, even stated so by the magi wikia

In the next page we see the two attacks travelling at equal speeds

If all magic behaved as their natural occurences then either Lightning in Magi moves at Light speed or this is inconsistent

Though it might be worth mentioning that this is the ONLY time lightning and light magic have been shown to travel at the same speed so it's up to everyone else really.

TataHakai said:
The only problem with this is that we've seen cases of Lightning and Light magic moving at the same speed, and Light is hundreds of times faster so it makes no sense.
I would chalk it up simply to just PIS.

If it on paper sounds accurate enough to the real world, I am more inclined to take it seriously rather then not.

TataHakai said:
It's not possible to be consistent with science all the time, especially for a magic based manga like Magi. We can chalk this up to PIS

If this is accepted then reaction speeds should be LS/FTL, not Sub-Rel since reaction speed should scale to someone's own attack speed, it wouldn't really make sense if you couldn't react to your own attack.

TataHakai said:
If this is accepted then reaction speeds should be LS/FTL, not Sub-Rel since reaction speed should scale to someone's own attack speed, it wouldn't really make sense if you couldn't react to your own attack.
FTL only happens if either A. You move beyond 2 meters to dodge. Or B. You dodge within centimeters, or a small distance of it before it hits your face.

Neither have happened before, thus Relativistic or Relativistic+ seem fine to me.

But then again, I am not the most experienced calcer or math guy, so take this comment with a grain of salt.

I agree with Reppuzan that a speed upgrade seems reasonable.

Is there even a statement that they are natural light? If there's lightning that moves as fast as light it shouldn't be accepted.

@Ezeriot

The issue with that logic is it can be applied to virtually any series with FTL characters. For example, Megaman has lightning and fire-based attacks that move at comparable speeds to light attacks.

Anyway I think this is legit light from skimming this thread.

The problem is that we need some calculated light-dodging feats to scale from.

I think that there were several of them oroposed (with scans included) in a previous Magi thread a while back.

Ok, since the sub-rel reaction/combat speed calc was accepted it would scale to all the main characters, Kou empire characters, Kingdom of Sindria characters, Reim empire characters, Bad guys, Djinns, human Solomon, Yunan and Arba. Solomon, Arba, David, Judar, Yunan and Titus should have speed of light attack speed via light magic.

I suppose that should be fine. Which profiles do you need temporarily unlocked? You need to list the exact titles for the pages.

Sorry I am on my mobile right now since my pc is messed up, so can't edit. Btw we should change the note in Aladdin's profile, he only defeated David's true form which is not the same as his multiversal avatar in the sacred palace.

I decided to leave the first key for Alibaba at Massively Hypersonic since at this point at the story he has yet to displayed this speed yet.

Wanna add Early Magi would be Massively Hypersonic until around the Magnostadt arc.

Also, done.

The following profiles need to be unlocked:

David Jehoahaz Abraham

Solomon Jehoahaz Abraham

Ugo

I might be missing one or two, but those are the ones that need to be unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back