• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

LGBT additions to the Vsbattles wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said Ren's mind is still a male, but his biological body is now a female, but he loves women, correct?

That might be bisexual then.
i mean, i am not sure if this right, we are dealing with a Isekai case lol, basically the dude was reincarnated, so its hard to evalute it, and I am not really too knowledgeable (idk if this is the right word lel) with the LGBT classifications, i only know the basic of the basic

i mean, i am not sure if this right, we are dealing with a Isekai case lol, basically the dude was reincarnated, so its hard to evalute it, and I am not really too knowledgeable (idk if this is the right word lel) with the LGBT classifications, i only know the basic of the basic
Yeah lol.

I mean, if you think like a man, but have the body of a woman, and you are attracted to women, then that might be bi.

Then again, I'm not an expert on this. All I know is that he definitely qualifies for being LGBTQ+ lmao.

I don't think it counts, as the op states as follows: Characters that can transform into women via special abilities (Naruto characters) or are forced to transform via curses or other supernatural or fantastical means do not qualify if they don't personally identify with this transformation.

I don't think it counts, as the op states as follows: Characters that can transform into women via special abilities (Naruto characters) or are forced to transform via curses or other supernatural or fantastical means do not qualify if they don't personally identify with this transformation.
my case is different of these though, reincarnation seems different

Oh we’re letting LGBTQIA+ people comment here? Might as well as a quick question then

If for example a game lets you pick between a male or female avatar for the protagonist, and a character in the game has feelings for the main character/protagonist regardless of which avatar you chose, would we count that as that character being bisexual?

If the character is comfortable with being a woman, even if their transition was not done intentionally, it should count.

If a better example is needed, Toyosatomimi no Miko lived as a man before choosing to reincarnate as a woman.
oh right, then Ren does qualifies he (now She) is perfectly fine living as a girl, i dont remember her even complaining about it, in fact, she does likes it

I’m pretty sure a character like Mai from Blazblue would also be a good example of characters who were forced into the opposite gender but then become comfortable with such a thing.

6rl3br.jpeg

Seriously mates, just message a staff member to speak first.

Permisson granted by @Maverick_Zero_X to comment here:
So regarding this topic, i'm in neutral side to low-key disagree due of the controversy that we have brought here, but from what i seen if we can controlling the side effect of the LGBT shennanigans then i'm fine with and i can respect it
And do note that for my fellow peoples from same country who witnessed this thread, don't be so provoked so easily to the point trashing this thread or even this site as a whole, learn respect as well, or.....just leave the wiki if this bothering you so much (i said this because i noticed the folks who said the useless things are from the same country as mine)
Heck, @Metalballrun is also an islamic/christianic (sorry Metal if this bothering you) based from his comment above and he can still respect these issue and not being trigger-havoc by it

Anyway i'll be in this thread for a while to asking some of question from mine and being a mediator for peoples who want to ask but can't due of staff only thread unless they asking a permission (looking at you: @Pikaman @Bernkastelll and the the others)

Anyway here's mine:
So if this going through, let's say we need to categorized the chars that are qualified for this, right?
Would the girls from Puella Magi Verse counted for it? Mainly Homura and Madoka relationship, and for extent....Sayaka and Kyoko relationship as well
And let's say the infamous Astolfo from Fate, would he be qualified?

Let this be answered by staffs and users who truly involved on this (OP) btw

I want to say that the possible hate, retaliation, troll behavior, vandalism etc... shouldn't neither scare us nor stop us from carrying on the addition.
Strongly agreed.

Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, we still need to make it very clear in an official rule/instruction text for the category in question that it should only be added in self-evident cases based on reliable official information, whether it is in-story or out of story, both in order to ensure reliability and follow our preexisting rules, and to avoid lots of future conflict and drama.

Should I write a draft text, or is somebody else here willing to do so?

Here are 2 suggestions I have it can be either or both

Ladiva - Bisexual/Pansexual - Loves everyone regardless of what they are and acts like a Loving Mother. Loved the Main Character the same way with regardless of the gender roles you picked for your main character (Male/Female/Both). She was given an option by Cagliostro if she wanted to have a feminine body. But She declined since even though She has the feminine trait and Motherly Love she still values the Body that Her parents gave birth to

Cagliostro - Transgender - Born as a Male and despised the body she was born with because of how frail it was. She created a body for herself transferring her soul and is now living as a girl and prefers cute things and wants to be the Cutest Alchemist doing everything she can to make her body the cutest it can be. She still acknowledges that she was originally male and that situation led her to where she wants to be now and tells her friends to not dwell much on it and to focus on what she is now.

Anyway here's mine:
So if this going through, let's say we need to categorized the chars that are qualified for this, right?
Would the girls from Puella Magi Verse counted for it? Mainly Homura and Madoka relationship, and for extent....Sayaka and Kyoko relationship as well
And let's say the infamous Astolfo from Fate, would he be qualified?

Let this be answered by staffs and users who truly involved on this (OP) btw
Nvm, for Homura and Madoka relationship and the rest of girls from Puella Magi, it was answered in the OP already so they are not qualified
Astolfo still need to be answered tho

EDIT: Better example is Leonardo Da Vinci i think, based from her bio:
While originally a young man as remembered by history, da Vinci has rebuilt her body to resemble that of the Mona Lisa when summoned as a Servant, the ideal beauty she pursued in life.

As I have said, I'm neutral, but I would be happy to apply the category when needed (for characters I'm familiar with, of course)

I just deleted a controversial response here.

Look, we are going to get a LGBT category, although preferably skip the Q+ part as it would be too impractical and complicated to figure out and apply in practice.

If any of our members have a problem with that based on religious or ideological reasons, or wish to stir up controversy, please do not respond in this thread. We already feature many such characters in our wiki. The only difference that this will make in practice is that it turns easier to find them, that is all, and proper indexing is a part of our duties here.

Anyway, to start with we simply need to create an official instruction text for the new category in question. After that has been done, I can create the page for you, and we can focus on which self-evident characters that can have it added to their pages.

Also, again, we should definitely not add it to any character pages based on fanon or headcanon. Only very reliable official information. Thank you.

How about something like this as the description text for the category page, just so we get the initial phase over and done with?

"LGBT Characters:

Characters that are officially defined as being either homosexual, bisexual, or transgendered.

Take note that this category should only be added to self-evident cases based on genuinely reliable official information from the owners of the characters, whether it is in-story or out of story, both in order to ensure reliability and to follow our preexisting rules, and to avoid lots of future hostile arguments. It should definitely not be added based on fanon or headcanon."

Thank you. I will wait for further staff responses, and then likely add it to our new page then.

Okay. Thank you for the reply.

I will add it then.

I have added the category to quite a lot of Marvel and DC Comics characters, and a few from manga as well:

Last edited:
Personally i disagree because:
A lot of work for the staffs
Its not that important to be honest it is good as it is right now imo
Im pretty sure if we do that the community will probably get more toxic too because of the homophobic ppl in here and a WW3 is gonna start. Im pretty sure no one wants that

Even if we make em and the stuff can do it im with it but its a lot of work
Well, there are still a much larger amount of heterosexual characters for them to focus on.

I personally do not understand why this is considered such a big deal. If they do not like such characters, just avoid looking at the category in question. Problem solved.

One small issue I have with the category's description: LGBT+ is an umbrella that covers much more than just "homosexual, bisexual, or transgender", as our category states. We should fix it to fit that.

Well, there are still a much larger amount of heterosexual characters for them to focus on.

I personally do not understand why this is considered such a big deal. If they do not like such characters, just avoid looking at the category in question. Problem solved.
Yes idk why there is so much irritation with ppl bc someone is sexually attracted to both males/females and etc… like stop hating we are all humans after all

One small issue I have with the category's description: LGBT+ is an umbrella that covers much more than just "homosexual, bisexual, or transgender", as our category states. We should fix it to fit that.
As I mentioned previously, it would be far too complicated and ambiguous if we impose asexual characteristics on fictional characters just because they never have any interest in getting sexual and/or romantic partners due to story conventions for their respective genres.

Let's keep things simple and straightforward please, especially in order to avoid lots of drama due to the sheer uncertainty of the issue.

Permission received from Maverick

As I mentioned previously, it would be far too complicated and ambiguous if we impose asexual characteristics on fictional characters just because they never have any interest in getting sexual and/or romantic partners due to story conventions for their respective genres.

Let's keep things simple and straightforward please, especially in order to avoid lots of drama due to the sheer uncertainty of the issue.
We already have standards listed on the category to only submit those explicitly confirmed as LGBT to the category, why not just extend that for QIA+? Simply not ever having a love interest in your media or similar situations shouldn’t be added imo, but characters explicitly asexual or otherwise not cishet and not already mentioned in the category description wouldn’t be added to the category currently, as it’s restricted to those that are Gay, Bisexual, or Transgender only. I feel that’s a little restrictive

What? Asexual is objectively a part of LGBT. You can't exclude them just because you dislike it, not to mention there's many more other identities under the umbrella beyond that. We already say we should not allow for headcanons, but if a character is confirmed to be Ace they absolutely should be added.

I understand you don't mean this but I think you should know that pretending that certain sexualities/gender identities don't exist or "belong" in LGBT is considered to be a pretty bad thing, for example I've seen gay/lesbian people pretending bisexuals don't exist and are actually just in denial about being gay/straight, which - well first off I find that pretty insulting, but generally that's just generally, a very harmful thing. So even though I'm not saying you actually believe this, only accepting parts of LGBT+ is very harmful.

lgbt doesn't exist in fiction except from fictional works reflecting the real world there might be characters interested in same sex or animal or whatever but that doesn't make them "lgbt"

You seem to have a different understanding of that term than other people do. "LGBT" doesn't imply advocacy, it just means being lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender.

You may think otherwise, but since the vast majority of people here don't, that's how we'll use it on our site.

What? Asexual is objectively a part of LGBT. You can't exclude them just because you dislike it, not to mention there's many more other identities under the umbrella beyond that. We already say we should not allow for headcanons, but if a character is confirmed to be Ace they absolutely should be added.

I understand you don't mean this but I think you should know that pretending that certain sexualities/gender identities don't exist or "belong" in LGBT is considered to be a pretty bad thing, for example I've seen gay/lesbian people pretending bisexuals don't exist and are actually just in denial about being gay/straight, which - well first off I find that pretty insulting, but generally that's just generally, a very harmful thing. So even though I'm not saying you actually believe this, only accepting parts of LGBT+ is very harmful.
To be fair to Ant, I think the point he’s getting across isn’t that AroAce people aren’t members of the LGBTQIA+ community, but that definitively defining characters as such is harder to pinpoint than with Gay, Lesbian, Bi, and Trans characters. It’s still wrong, but not bigoted like the insinuation that AroAce isn’t a part of LGBT/LGBTQIA+

To be fair to Ant, I think the point he’s getting across isn’t that AroAce people aren’t members of the LGBTQIA+ community, but that definitively defining characters as such is harder to pinpoint than with Gay, Lesbian and Trans characters. It’s still wrong, but not bigoted like the insinuation that AroAce isn’t a part of LGBT/LGBTQIA+
Definitely yeah, I'm not accusing Ant of holding these views, I just think it looks really bad for the site.

To be fair to Ant, I think the point he’s getting across isn’t that AroAce people aren’t members of the LGBTQIA+ community, but that definitively defining characters as such is harder to pinpoint than with Gay, Lesbian, Bi, and Trans characters. It’s still wrong, but not bigoted like the insinuation that AroAce isn’t a part of LGBT/LGBTQIA+
That is correct, yes. I have seen some people try to include SpongeBob Squarepants as an LGBTQ+ character just because it is a non-serious all-ages comedy cartoon that is not focused on romance, and I do not want neverending arguments in this forum regarding which characters that fit or not.

Still, if we can all figure out proper (even stricter) safeguard rules regarding how we should avoid this from happening, preferably by requiring official canonical statements within the stories themselves regarding character identifying as asexual, I suppose that might work.

lgbt doesn't exist in fiction except from fictional works reflecting the real world there might be characters interested in same sex or animal or whatever but that doesn't make them "lgbt"

You seem to have a different understanding of that term than other people do. "LGBT" doesn't imply advocacy, it just means being lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender.

You may think otherwise, but since the vast majority of people here don't, that's how we'll use it on our site.
You seem to have different understanding of what I just said. You just said it doesn't implied advocacy and the person I quoted was talking about representation did you really read what I quoted??? The entire thing was about someone trying make it political

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back