• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's Talk About Brightburn (Superboy Horror Movie)

Sera_EX

She Who Dabbles in Fiction
VS Battles
Retired
To quote Polygon:

"Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn's latest film is a return to the superhero formula — sort of. Brightburn is the story of child from another planet, and the good-intentioned midwestern couple that adopts him when his craft crash lands on their property.

But it doesn't turn out exactly like the story you're familiar with.

Gunn (and screenwriters Mark Gunn and Brian Gunn, James' cousin and brother, respectively), are asking the age-old question "What if Superman was a bad idea?" And there's no mistaking their intentions: From the flight, to the laser vision, to the red cape, this is a story in the shadow of Superman.

Rather than the Kents, Brightburn will feature Mr. and Mrs. Breyer, played by Elizabeth Banks and David Denman, with the young Jackson A. Dunn (that's Dunn with a D, not another Gunn) as their adopted son whose middle school moodiness turns out to be a bit too much to handle.

In the comics world, there are plenty of stories of Superman being a menace to the world instead of a help. Only this fall, DC Comics' DC House of Horror anthology special kicked off the Halloween festivities with a 10-page story in which Superman proves to be an alien monster child with terrible powers who immediately murders the Kents and soars off to menace the world.

Brightburn will hit theaters on May 29."

Thoughts?

Atm may have a WIP profile based on feats seen in the trailer, but the issue with that is those scenes might not be in the film. I may upload it to my blog. Either way I am very excited for the film.

Except Goku Black will actually be Evil Goku as he was supposed to be rather than a "god that took Goku's body".

Me too, I was just goofing about x3

I wonder if they're gonna pull a Superboy Prime and need red sun radiation to stop him. Or something similar, maybe even a Kryptonite-like substance.

Back