• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lets give the demons the LIGHT (DMC Speed Crt for some demons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
repost for mods:
Plasma and nightmare for relativistic attack speed, possibly light speed for nightmare

Light speed attack speed for artemis

Nefasturris and beowulf are up to the mods tbh

We tend to have super strict standards for what qualifies as real light; and that's especially true if it doesn't come from a machine or camera. But simply being called, "Beam of light," "Ray of light" or "Particle Beam" aren't exactly evidences of light; there do exist plenty of beam rifles in fiction with all those statements despite not being light speed. While going in a strait line or burning on contact and not exploding are good pointers, those alone aren't evidence.

Some usual strong ground is from here. And basically 3 out of 5 qualified points while little to none of the three strikes against it is a roughly good reason to qualify.

Particle Beams are atleast relativistic if not near SoL as in real life....along with other interesting effects like radiation and matter hax.....so it should be legit

Another thing, I heard of skepticism about absorbing sunlight and using then using the same solar energy for beam attacks was also something people were skeptical over.

I'm unsure; I'm not the one who made those details. If sunlight was bouncing off a mirror or being amplified by a magnifying glass; then those are legit light speed attacks. But a simple absorb radiation from the sun and shoot beams out of yourself doesn't automatically make those beams light speed.

it sounds like then we should stick to what is currently accepted, that being mundus' beam. Only nightmare would get the attack speed then

Absorbing sunlight is useless evidence i said sunlight doesn't dehave like light, which it doesn't.

Plasma being a particle shouldn't matter either since people seem to have a twisted idea of what a particle beam actually is. Particle beams grab a certain number of particles and accelerate them over a vaccum using magnetism and whatever else, but it doesn't nescessarily need to reach relativistic speeds. In the end, a particle beam is just a beam with particles.

Another thing about plasma is that it's beam is composed of plasma, and even when traveling at DC voltages in dielectric circuits, it's max speed is about 100 km/s.

Neutral on the rest.

I'm not the best person to give input on this subject, heck I'm currently trying to get a beam accepted as legitimate light/lightspeed for another verse.
fair take. At this point I'm just arguing nightmare scales to mundus' accepted attack speed
If there using the exact same attack then I don't see why Nightmare wouldn't have the same attack speed as Mundus.

As for the particle beam, mundus' beam is currently accepted. Nightmare should have the same physiology as mundus, so thats where his rel argument is from.
If Mundus' beam is already accept and Nightmare is shooting the same beam as Mundus the yes I agree with the Nightmare proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back