• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lets give the demons the LIGHT (DMC Speed Crt for some demons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use magic to produce something, that doesn't mean you can use magic to amp yourself to the speed of the thing you produced.

This is some next level "shared energy source" logic here. AP at least makes sense, but speed from shared energy source is 3 layers of dumb.
Quite the opposite actually....their AP feats are their own nothing else is considered...
As far as speed.... thats their own feat too...
And if you don't like the logic of in-verse energy system not allowing you to scale to your own attack then may I remind you DB, Naruto, Bleach etc run on same logic and so your flawed logic ain't flying here....

About the Royal Guards, we have an issue as before. Royal Guard isn't reaction, the same feat can be accomplished through prediction, we went over this in the old thread.
For which you got debunked thoroughly.

Gilver, this only gives these demons a separated Lightspeed attack, it doesn't upgrade their overall physical speed

Sure we can calc people reacting to it, but that's another story and it needs to be accepted here first, and I don't see that happening

It's Attack Speed only, check the OP
Ah, my bad, i went straight to the arguments. In that case it should just be specified "SoL with light based attacks". I find that it's kinda redundant to be too strict with light properties and stuff.

So this gets an ok from me as long as y'all just specify it on the profiles.

Well if gets accepted or not ..... well thats remains to be seen.

But as far as scaling logic goes..... we are being conservative for no reason.... in-verse energy systems allow us to scale entities to their own attacks.....its nothing new...
Hell the new DBS speed feat of shockwaves is blatant example of this logic.

Nice logic, time to upgrade all of Naruto to SoL cus they use Chakra for their light attacks therefore everyone is SoL. Let's upgrade every show with shared energy system to that level.

That's another discussion, I'm okay with shared energy stuff in DMC, but I personally don't agree with them scalling to specific light based attacks if they don't have feats or scalling at that level, take a look at the overall speed of the verse and you'll see they barely go beyond FTL and that's for Sparda relatives and God Tiers, then a Plasma is Lightspeed ? That sounds too high for me, specially coming from a fodder that would scale to more than half of the cast

Now, take Beowulf (for example), I can see it working for him since he actually kept up with Dante in DMC3, who's Rel+ to FTL

Nice logic, time to upgrade all of Naruto to SoL cus they use Chakra for their light attacks therefore everyone is SoL. Let's upgrade every show with shared energy system to that level.
I am pretty sure I implied that the SHOOTERS who shoot should ALONE scale to their OWN ATTACKS. If I was unclear before then I pray I am clear now.

That's another discussion, I'm okay with shared energy stuff in DMC, but I personally don't agree with them scalling to specific light based attacks if they don't have feats or scalling at that level, take a look at the overall speed of the verse and you'll see they barely go beyond FTL and that's for Sparda relatives and God Tiers, then a Plasma is Lightspeed ? That sounds too high for me, specially coming from a fodder that would scale to more than half of the cast

Now, take Beowulf (for example), I can see it working for him since he actually kept up with Dante in DMC3, who's Rel+ to FTL
I can understand fodder scaling can be a bit hard to swallow , it looks out there but like I said if we set aside our uneasiness and arrange all speed feats when analysing all cast bottom to top rather than top to bottom we can see it in a more favourable way.
As far as GoD tiers are concerned....their feats are laughably casual and we know they are far faster then that....low FTLs is something we are stuck with for GoD Tiers since the others calcs while faster require too much assumptions to arrive at proper speed which is accurate, not because they are necessarily wrong......literally we were out of options there.
Essentially we will be treating plasmas same as we treat Blitz for scaling.

Yeah someone like Beowulf though obviously scale...since he is not fodder.

I am pretty sure I implied that the SHOOTERS who shoot should ALONE scale to their OWN ATTACKS. If I was unclear before then I pray I am clear now.
The point went over your head. Same logic, base ikki in BoS should be SoL now too, noice.

I won't bother anymore with this though. I just hope i don't see a CRT with that kind of logic in the future.

The point went over your head. Same logic, base ikki in BoS should be SoL now too, noice.

I won't bother anymore with this though. I just hope i don't see a CRT with that kind of logic in the future.
I don't know anything about this Ikki guy and on what grounds your equivalence is correct here.....

But regardless we aren't agreeing with each other anyways.... so you do you and I do me....

Good Day🙏

Ill make a small update post here:

Im proposing rel to rel+ attack speed for the plasma, as their attack is a particle beam, which is that speed.

Nightmare was born directly from mundus power and being, and as such its light beam should be like mundus', which is a particle beam as well
Artemis should be flat light speed, since she shoots absorbed sunlight

I meant which demon he was talking about specifically...but okay since every demon use demonic power moot point.
Besides I don't feel "demonic power source" should affect anything, most light stuff in fiction always come from non natural source like internal energy or something anyway....

Summary for new readers regarding updates

Plasma and nightmare for relativistic attack speed, possibly light speed for nightmare

Light speed attack speed for artemis

Nefasturris and beowulf are up to the mods tbh

I suggest starting with Glass first as he seems to be the most knowledgeable staff member on DMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back