• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lesser Dog (Undertale) vs The Metal Gear Rising-Verse

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
Lesser Dog
Metal Gear Rising
Sorry guys, I had to do this. Legitimate and everything.
It had to be this way.

Fighting the entire verse at once, including all of it's generic mobs, all to KO or death, starting as a group 200 meters away from Dog.

Who wins? Supporting your reasoning would be appreciated.

Why.

Anyway, from what I know, most people in the verse can't harm him at all and are too slow, he slaughters through the group quite easily. Only Raiden's HF Blade could put him down, but the chances are pretty low.

As far as generic mobs, they really don't want to fight much and are really scared most of the time. They would be absolutly aweful at fighting monsters, sense they lack any realy determination or killing intent. They loose, even though Lesser Dog has a low DC as far as when it comes to undertale characters.

Besides that, any main boss character in the game has enough killing intent and determination to win, except maybe Blade Wolf, who really only just wants to not die. Mistrale and ripper mode jack especially stomp because of their massive killing intent.

Is this in character? Because I'm fairly certain most of Lesser Dog's "attacks" are only it trying to play with you. Hell, if it's the only major character you kill, Undyne even incorporates into her speech how much of a monster you are for murdering something that was just seeking friendship and affection.

Then Lesser Dog is seeking the friendship and affection of the Rising cast or something?

I don't know about you, but I don't think people like, say, Sundowner would recieve a bipedal, armed and armored dog all too well.

The dog's profile states that it has relativistic speeds because it could keep up with Frisk, who could dodge lightning bolts and beams of light. But I disagree for two reasons:

1. Frisk did not dodge lightning bolts or beams of light until way later in the game, so it's unreasonable to assume Frisk had relativistic speed at the time of fighting the Lesser Dog.

2. The dog did not even really "keep up with Frisk". In Pacifist route, Frisk wasn't really fighting to begin with, and in the Genocide route it was mere grind fodder to Frisk.

I also disagree with the Undertale profiles in general when they compare in-game stats, which aren't consistent, especially in RPGs. But it's really all you have to go by when you're talking about RPG enemies, so I guess I can let them slide.

The only thing the Lesser Dog has going for it is its city-level attack potency, and even then that's assuming the whole stat comparison thing isn't a huge wank. I disagree with it having relativistic speeds and city-level durability, (no idea where the profile's writer got the latter from) combine that with the Dog's dog-like and playful mindset, and I don't see how he'd fare well in this matchup. I have little to no knowledge about most of the MGR cast, though.

I really want to see the Lesser Dog solo the entire MGR verse, because that would be the funniest thing I could think of. But sadly, I can't see it happening.

1. Frisk does not stomp the Lesser Dog, they did have a form of a fight. It dies so quickly in the Genocide route because Frisk built up LOVE, evident by them killing Toriel just moments prior.

2. Napstablook (A weaker monster) also has a Relativistic+ feat if you'll look at his profile.

The check stats are a canon mechanic, it's not the same as literally taking their in-file stats and saying they're canon.

1. They did get into a fight of sorts, but Frisk hardly had any intent to attack the dog, because Pacifist Frisk is a pacifist. It was just him playing with it.

2. I can agree with you there. Napstablook is physically weaker, not just in attack but in physical stats across the board as well, so why should speed be any different?

I also gotta give you the thing about the check stats as well, as Undertale doesn't have a fourth wall. Looks like my dream of making a profile for the Mad Duck is gone.

But on the bright side it looks like I'm wrong and that the dog solos MGR. I looked through the profiles, and even the ones that share the same tier with the dog are outclassed. Now I think the dog definitely takes this.

This thread was... made a while ago. Back when Lesser Dog wasn't... well, when he (I think it's he?) wasn't City level. So, umm, yeah.

Back