• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda Upgrades: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can do the changes, @Medeus. It's 5 AM where I am, I have a test tomorrow and two lab reports to do and frankly, I shouldn't be up. I'm not gonna be able to get to the changes for a while. Heck, you're gonna have to ask Ant to unlock Composite Link.

Alright, all the FTL characters have been downgraded to Relativistic. But the next question is if any other characters get upgraded to Relativistic; such the base Young Links, Onox, and other Temple bosses that scale to them. I suppose I'll wait till Cal gets back or if other staff members have any thoughts.

Definitely not Young Link, since TP Link is greater than or equal to adult OoT Link. Onox is a maybe, isn't Awakening Link the same Link from games where he fought Ganon?

Yeah, ALttP, the Oracle games, and Link's Awakening are all the same Link. However, post ALttP is much weaker, due to losing the Complete Triforce, and struggling to fight Berserker Ganon; by far the weakest version of Ganon despite previously defeating the strongest version of Ganon. Also, the reason I asked why Young Link scales was because he also dealt with Beamos Beams.

Yeah, Medeus. In both Ocarina and Majora he dealt with them. Dodongo's Cavern, Spirit Temple (child) and Stone Tower Temple, if memory serves.

We also have to remember that this is early game Link. For both, OoT and TP, dungeon 2 Link can do this. And the bosses of this time, who can keep up with Link, are fodder. The feat should scale to everyone.

I think that several profiles have already been changed, but would appreciate if Howard, ir some other staff member, could verify that all of the relevant profiles have been changed.

@Howard Okay. Thanks.

@Grudgeman They presumably mean combat speed, not travel speed, but yes, it does seem strange.

The real cal howard said:
She's the fastest thing in the Zelda verse with a name.
Doesn't help that's she's still a regular horse, I are trying to tell Me that epona is riding around hyrule at Mach 200K???. her reaction speed I suppose could be relativistic if she's got proof to scale. But for sure no for travel speed.

I also think that we should clarify that Epona does not have relativistic travel speed, only combat speed.

Now that matt brought It up, i was being generous with the whole relativistic combat thing, are you sure epona being relatavisitcat all isn't pis like matt stated, despite her being FASTER running, combat speed for a relatively normal horse looks odd.

I'll be fine with what ant left if everyone disagrees.

I am neutral regarding whether or not we should treat her as a normal horse.

I don't believe Epona has any showings like that, but I could be mistaken. Most things that can be attributed to her are game mechanics, such as being invulnerable to attacks that can kill Link or being weirdly acausal in MM.

According to PaChi2, she can avoid Twilight Princess Ganon's attacks.

Okay, so should we adjust Epona's speed to Superhuman, like a normal horse?

So, let's return to the issue of checking up that all of the scalable characters have been adjusted.

Thanks. Adjusted Epona, I suppose, not checked up the other characters?

Antvasima said:
Thanks. Adjusted Epona, I suppose, not checked up the other characters?
I hate to say it, but I'm not very familiar with the zelda verse, I only knew that epona shouldn't had such a high rating with her speed.

I could perhaps inform LordX to check on the profile as he seems to be one of the most knowledgeable on the verse

Well, hopefully the people who have contributed here will read my request.

@Ant: Your request in this thread is

I think that several profiles have already been changed, but would appreciate if Howard, ir some other staff member, could verify that all of the relevant profiles have been changed.
The list of characters that need to be changed are:

• Composite Link
  • All forms of Links
  • All forms of Ganon/Calamity Ganon
  • Ganondorf
  • Demise
  • Majora
  • Hylia
  • Zant
Are there any other characters that need to have their speeds changed other than the ones listed above?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back