• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda: Midna Profile Revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
So uh, Midna's profile kinda sucks. Decided to clean it up a bit after finishing another playthrough of Twilight Princess.

New Profile
Old Profile

Some changes include removing her True Form key, as it was never shown in a battle and her feat of breaking the mirror is only as a result of her being the true ruler of the Twili, not as a result of AP, since Zant with Ganondorf's power couldn't do it.

I made her Imp form Unknown as she also never fought unless she used the Fused Shadow. I did add her breaking the metal chain holding Wolf Link as justification but I don't know what AP that would give. Her Durability for her Imp form is also Unknown, as there's no profile for Lanaryu and I don't know what AP it is. If someone could tell me that'd be great. Finally, I changed her LS in her Imp Form to Class E since she is capable of stopping Dark Beast Ganon's charge multiple times in the fight and throwing him to the side. There are also her other LS feats like lifting a volcanic boulder or part of the Eldin Bridge but they haven't been calc'd.

The rest is simply cleaning up and adding abilities with their scans and references.

Please take a look and tell me what you think.

Edit: Updated profile based on comments. Class E is in Fused Shadow key. Base is Class M with Telekinesis from LS feat.

Last edited:
Good job, the new profile looks good and the changes make sense.

I would argue her Class E feat should stay in her Fused Shadow form, since during the battle with Beast Ganon she still is still being empowered by the Fused Shadows, pretty much like when she kills Zant.
Her base LS could still be unknown, with "Superhuman via TK" as a token until someone calcs the boulder.

Her true form could still use an unknown key, with the explanation added to her AP, in order to avoid any misunderstanding, but that's not mandatory.

Her Fused Shadow form should have Surface Scaling (since she clings onto the barrier and climbs it), Body Control (for being able to extend her tentacles) and maybe Additional Limbs (all her tentacles seem to be prehensile).

Also, remember to link the last edit history of your sandbox in the OP, instead of just the page itself, because it could changed in the future and make this thread difficult to check in the future, if anyone will want to come back and look at it.

Good job, the new profile looks good and the changes make sense.

I would argue her Class E feat should stay in her Fused Shadow form, since during the battle with Beast Ganon she still is still being empowered by the Fused Shadows, pretty much like when she kills Zant.
Her base LS could still be unknown, with "Superhuman via TK" as a token until someone calcs the boulder.

Her true form could still use an unknown key, with the explanation added to her AP, in order to avoid any misunderstanding, but that's not mandatory.

Her Fused Shadow form should have Surface Scaling (since she clings onto the barrier and climbs it), Body Control (for being able to extend her tentacles) and maybe Additional Limbs (all her tentacles seem to be prehensile).

Also, remember to link the last edit history of your sandbox in the OP, instead of just the page itself, because it could changed in the future and make this thread difficult to check in the future, if anyone will want to come back and look at it.

Thanks. Anyway, I've updated the page based on your comments. For her true form, I'll wait to see other peoples take on it, cause I still thing its kinda unnecessary. However, if everyone else thinks other wise I can put it back.

Yeah don't think there's a need for a true form key, all we know about her true form is that she has some extra abilities (Since Zant nulled them when he cursed her) but even then we don't even know what those abilities are because the only thing she does in her true form is break the mirror of twilight when she goes home. Not really a whole lot to justify a key for it imo. Just just her key saying "Imp form" to "Base form" or something to cover both the imp and true forms.

Anyway this looks really good, one thing to add would be a resistance to corruption since pieces of the Fused Shadow corrupt and transform into twilt monsters as shown with the Goron leader when he touched one, and Midna can carry them around no issue. Also think she'd get matter manipulation since the main way she teleports herself and other objects is by breaking them down into particles and reconstructing them elsewhere.

Anyway this looks really good, one thing to add would be a resistance to corruption since pieces of the Fused Shadow corrupt and transform into twilt monsters as shown with the Goron leader when he touched one, and Midna can carry them around no issue. Also think she'd get matter manipulation since the main way she teleports herself and other objects is by breaking them down into particles and reconstructing them elsewhere.

Wasn’t the corruption only in regards to Light World dwellers? Since Midna is from the Twilight Realm who are all descendants of the Interlopers it wouldn’t really have a harmful effect on her. Also, yeah just saw it on Ganondorf's profile so if it was already accepted to be Matter Manipulation I can add it.

Last edited:
So the question is, do we assume she's using the Fushed Shadows for her Ganon feat or not. While it would be way better for scaling and make more sense, there's still the issue of, how do we know she's even using it? Generally there's a tell or not, plus she whips it out after that fight. So not sure what we wanna do for that.

And for TK how the **** do we not have any calcs for that, it should be Class M easy
corrupt and transform into twilt monsters as shown with the Goron leader when he touched one, and Midna can carry them around no issue.
Isn't that less of a resistance, and more because she herself is already a twilit?
But that does bring up a good point, shouldn't Midna get the abilities of the Fused Shadow? Even if they're out of character, they're abilities that the item she has grants and explicitly displays.
Also think she'd get matter manipulation since the main way she teleports herself and other objects is by breaking them down into particles and reconstructing them elsewhere.
That's probably fair.

Though for general, I'd give Midna At least Several Meters (Though it looks like it could be ten+) range for her hair, she impaled Zant from across the room. And Fused Shadow Midna's tentacles are way the **** above that, looking at the cutscenes, their tentacles look like at least 8m+. I'd say At least Several Meters for that (They're like triple Ganon's Height, or like 8+ Midna's in length), and then for the Trident, you could just do "Higher" with Trident.

So the question is, do we assume she's using the Fushed Shadows for her Ganon feat or not. While it would be way better for scaling and make more sense, there's still the issue of, how do we know she's even using it? Generally there's a tell or not, plus she whips it out after that fight. So not sure what we wanna do for that.

Though for general, I'd give Midna At least Several Meters (Though it looks like it could be ten+) range for her hair, she impaled Zant from across the room. And Fused Shadow Midna's tentacles are way the **** above that, looking at the cutscenes, their tentacles look like at least 8m+. I'd say At least Several Meters for that (They're like triple Ganon's Height, or like 8+ Midna's in length), and then for the Trident, you could just do "Higher" with Trident.

Well when killing Zant she says she only used a fraction of its power, meaning it does empower her somewhat even if she doesn't transform. Though for the Ganon feat it could be either way as we don't know.

I'll fix the range section. Thanks for the input.

Wasn’t the corruption only in regards to Light World dwellers? Since Midna is from the Twilight Realm who are all descendants of the Interlopers it wouldn’t really have a harmful effect on her.
Isn't that less of a resistance, and more because she herself is already a twilit?
fpyah31r09u51.png

Dunno could just be because she's already a twili, probably is the reason.

Yeah usually she has the Fused Shadows hovering around her or uses them to turn into that giant monster when using their power, when she stops Ganon she just uses her hair without any visual indication she's using them. Would make way more sense for her to stop Ganon dead in his tracks if she was using them but it does seem like she just somehow does it via her normal strength.

And for TK how the **** do we not have any calcs for that, it should be Class M easy
Rock has a density of 2,600 - 2,700 kilograms per cubic meter. In order to get class M is has to be over 380 cubic meters.

So it's very likely that it's Class M.

It's definitely Class M
Eyeballing it, like 14-15m long, and 4-5m across, assuming Midna is about 3'1''. Would require actual pixel scaling but I'd wager it's well over 10,000 tons.

Could maybe get PE or KE off it as well, better than breaking a chain link anyway

Posted the LS feats in the request thread. If we’re lucky someone can calc it.
Get me that eldin footage in HD and I think I can do a quick calc of it given the final shot with Midna would allow direct scaling
tbh anybody should be able to do a quick calc of it, looks easy enough

Already found, just finished a rough calc, got 3861.49115706 tons. Will blog it later, it isn't perfect but shrug, best I can do without getting my own footage.

PE is def 8-C btw, she lifted it nearly double its length into the air (so between 40-50m), pixel scaling the exact height is nigh impossible tho, but it's like a 0.35 ton PE feat, give or take a bit.
Which would make Midna around as strong as a basic early game mob, which I guess make sense given the context?

Last edited:
Bump. So besides the LS, the only thing really left to discuss is the durability. As I stated, I made it Unknown as there's no profile for Lanaryu and I don't know what AP it is.

Speaking of, do the Light Spirits even have AP? And if not, what other durability feats are there for Midna that we can use?

They scale to the Dark Interlopers, but in Midna's case, she almost died because it was literally a fuckton of light and she's weak to it. Nothing to do with AP.

I don't think Midna has any durability feats at all, nor does she actually interact with anything physically beyond basic human shit like picking up objects or riding wolf Link.

As in you kinda ****** mate.

They scale to the Dark Interlopers, but in Midna's case, she almost died because it was literally a fuckton of light and she's weak to it. Nothing to do with AP.

I don't think Midna has any durability feats at all, nor does she actually interact with anything physically beyond basic human shit like picking up objects or riding wolf Link.

As in you kinda ****** mate.

Ah, well that sucks. Guess I’ll leave it as unknown then.

Wait I lied, there IS something, but it's like 9-C, maybe very low 9-B tops, and that's Ganon yeeting her ass out of the throne room by literally looking at her funny, and it knocked her out for a few minutes.

So she's probably just 9-C in dura So she's a glasscannon

Wait I lied, there IS something, but it's like 9-C, maybe very low 9-B tops, and that's Ganon yeeting her ass out of the throne room by literally looking at her funny, and it knocked her out for a few minutes.

So she's probably just 9-C in dura So she's a glasscannon

Guess that’s something.

I redid the missing chunk a bit, I actually stopped and looked at it and used basic human shape recognition skills to get a solid approximation of the removed mass, this should be accurate enough, give or take a few percent.

Was ******* around with that Mdna yeet feat, it's 9-C, she was tossed about 20m in about 1.5 seconds. It would have been 9-B, but Midna is very small, she weighs only like 30kg doing some wacky cubing (This also indirectly gives Fused Shadow tentacles over 20m range).

Just list her durability as 9-C ig saying she was launched across the throne room at high speed and was temporarily dazed by it.
Another AO feat of note tho, or at least implication, is that she physically was going to kill Zelda, that could be support for 9-C physically, alternatively, it could be Natural Weaponry as it looks like she was going to stab her with her """"claws"""".

Was ******* around with that Mdna yeet feat, it's 9-C, she was tossed about 20m in about 1.5 seconds. It would have been 9-B, but Midna is very small, she weighs only like 30kg doing some wacky cubing (This also indirectly gives Fused Shadow tentacles over 20m range).

Just list her durability as 9-C ig saying she was launched across the throne room at high speed and was temporarily dazed by it.
Another AO feat of note tho, or at least implication, is that she physically was going to kill Zelda, that could be support for 9-C physically, alternatively, it could be Natural Weaponry as it looks like she was going to stab her with her """"claws"""".

I actually thought she was trying to pull out the Twili particles of Ganondorf out of Zelda, not attack her but I'll make a note. Also, someone from the request form calc'd Midna's LS feat and its also Class M so that's consistant.

I'd honestly prefer to have Midna's durability be unknown, with the little we have as an explanation, or maybe with an "at least".

If that's all she was trying to do, why hesitate and stop?
Also that calc is wrong mostly because Wolf Link is tiny as ****, everyone in TP is short as shit, except Ganon and Zant, who are like 7-8ft tall according to official Nintendo heights

If that's all she was trying to do, why hesitate and stop?
Also that calc is wrong mostly because Wolf Link is tiny as ****, everyone in TP is short as shit, except Ganon and Zant, who are like 7-8ft tall according to official Nintendo heights

I don't know, maybe because she was unable to.

Even if the calc is wrong we still have yours that was evaluated already. So its fine.

I'd honestly prefer to have Midna's durability be unknown, with the little we have as an explanation, or maybe with an "at least".
Eh, should we though?
She was KO'd by a 9-C feat, even if it was only brief so we know she can't be much higher than that. And she lacks any other durability feats or implications to make her higher.

The only thing of note would be stopping Ganon via 3rd law, but if we assume she used the Fused Shadow for that then it wouldn't matter.

Midna just kinda comes off as a small fodder imp, which I assume was the point given she goes on about how ****** she is as well as having all her power nullified by Zant's transformation according to HH.

Midna can toss Ganon into pillars in the throne room and v.frag them, eyeballing it, it might even be High 8-C, but the issue is, if we assume she used the Fused Shadow to stop him, we'd probably have to say her tossing him is also from the Fused Shadow and thus the feat becomes useless and can't scale to her base form.

It's a 9-C feat performed by a much stronger character, so one could imply that she was knocked out because the attack was performed by Ganondorf himself.

I must admit most of my suspicion comes from incredulity, I just find it a little weird for her dura to be just 9-C, with her being a supernatural being and everything, and just little showings to support any solid rate.

I'm honestly unsure about the Ganon battle feats.

On one hand I see the idea of them being part of her natural skillset, on the other I'm torn by the idea that the Fused Shadow still increases her strength passively to a certain degree, implying she's gotten stronger even in base.

Yeah the Ganon battle is really weird for Midna. She gets knocked on her ass just by him looking at her, then she can somehow physically match his beast form without any indication she's using the Fused Shadow (Although it can be argued it also passively amps her), and then when he does activate the Fused Shadow to transform into her monster form she gets rolled by spirit Ganondorf in like 20 seconds.

It's a 9-C feat performed by a much stronger character, so one could imply that she was knocked out because the attack was performed by Ganondorf himself.
It's not even an attack, he literally looked at her and she was thrown aside, even did a bounce off the carpet.
And by that logic, she'd be High 6-A in durability (which puts her over every boss in the game not named Ganon), which is obviously not the case, let alone nothing implicating the attack used had any semblance of power behind it.
I must admit most of my suspicion comes from incredulity, I just find it a little weird for her dura to be just 9-C, with her being a supernatural being and everything, and just little showings to support any solid rate.
But that's the thing, she isn't, she's stated in her own words at some point to be fodder as ****, she's effectively helpless. Zant turning her into an imp not only weakened her, but also power nulled her. Her true form is by proxy above the Imp Form though (but also completely featless).
Imp Midna is weak in context. Fused Shadow Midna is pretty damn strong though obviously.
I'm honestly unsure about the Ganon battle feats.

On one hand I see the idea of them being part of her natural skillset, on the other I'm torn by the idea that the Fused Shadow still increases her strength passively to a certain degree, implying she's gotten stronger even in base.
Same tbh, the main thing is, if she was that strong by herself, why the **** didn't she just ragdoll the shit out of Zant? She was helpless to him. And yet with just a bit of FS power, she obliterated him, yet that same power was whatever to Ganon in the long term. Narratively, she'd need the FS to even touch Ganon or come close to his output, but at the same time, there's zero indication she's using it and she whips it twice in that fight, before and after with obvious tells she did it.

I mean her being a Glass Cannon doesn't have to be outlandish. She can just have strong magic while lacking physical prowess.
without any indication she's using the Fused Shadow
She also had the Triforce of Wisdom still. It could've just amped her magic. Which is why when she lost it right after Ganondorf clapped her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back