• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda: Midna Profile Revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah should probably add that. What abilities does the ToW give again? I recall one of them being Telepathy.

Having the Triforce of Wisdom doesn't automatically mean she can harness its powers tho, also because she isn't the original nor the rightful owner.

I see it more as it being sealed within her as a way to hide it from Ganon, but afaik she's never shown actively using it, not even with signs like it shape shining on her hand and such.

Having the Triforce of Wisdom doesn't automatically mean she can harness its powers tho, also because she isn't the original nor the rightful owner.

I see it more as it being sealed within her as a way to hide it from Ganon, but afaik she's never shown actively using it, not even with signs like it shape shining on her hand and such.

I mean, there are times after getting it that she looks at her hand, but afaik we don't see the symbol.

Half that shit is passive tbf, the passives should be fine to give.
plus Link isn't the rightful or original owner either but he has access to that stuff, or Yuga

Having the Triforce of Wisdom doesn't automatically mean she can harness its powers tho,
I was referring to the passive abilities that she is shown to have. Like the ability to not be harmed by light.

Still, I would have preferred some indications of it being actually at work, and not only sealed in her through Zelda's magic, also because there could be a difference between having it inside you in that way, and having being actually part of you, like it happens to Link, Zelda and Ganon.

But is that even truly the case? Do we know if it's just "sealed" or if it's "apart of her"? In fact, is there even any established difference?

Personally I don't see why she wouldn't get the passives. Her being stomped by Ganandorf despite being able to physically overpower him right before also lends credence to the idea that she was amped in some fashion by the ToW imo.

Im personally fine with the passives given how the Triforce pieces have been shown to work otherwise.

The manual abilities not being given is fair tho.

I can add it to the profile when I’m free later. Just to clarify, the passives are just the resistances right?

I can add it to the profile when I’m free later. Just to clarify, the passives are just the resistances right?
For the most part. You could maybe argue passive magic amp but that's inconsistent as **** and just depends on the game, might be a case to be made for it here given she stopped Ganon with her hair but ehhhh, personally I'd like more concrete evidence of that rather than just guessing but I can't speak for everyone, I'll go with what others say with that
Make sure to list it as standard equipment though while in her Fused Shadow key though, as she gets the ToW immediately after Temple 3 and keeps it for the rest of the game.

For the most part. You could maybe argue passive magic amp but that's inconsistent as **** and just depends on the game, might be a case to be made for it here given she stopped Ganon with her hair but ehhhh, personally I'd like more concrete evidence of that rather than just guessing but I can't speak for everyone, I'll go with what others say with that
Make sure to list it as standard equipment though while in her Fused Shadow key though, as she gets the ToW immediately after Temple 3 and keeps it for the rest of the game.

She gets it after Temple 3 but loses the Fused Shadows till after Zant. Wouldn’t it be a tab in her base key?

What part of the game do we treat her "base key" as? If Fused Shadows is relegated to Post Zant only, well she'd still have it as standard in there. But for base she lacks it for the first chunk of the game. We could list it as Optional Equipment in base to reflect that, or, if the key in question is her base at its best, standard.

It’s true she does have it both in base and Fused Shadow keys. I was thinking to put it as a tab under one of them but maybe put it beside since it carries over in both keys?

Alright I think I got something. Put both her base and Fused Shadow powers under an Abilities tab while the ToW is its own tab next to it. Think that fixes the issue.

Fused Shadow should have tens of meters of range physically, she attacked Puppet Zelda from the entrance to the throne room, to the throne. That's a distance of over 20m, angsizing got me 22.5916704113m btw, don't know if that's worth blogging though.
The Trident by proxy would be the same, or "Higher".
Also we should add some gifs to her technique section, but I can take care of that later if nobody wants to do that.

We should also probably list a stamina example just for indexing purposes, any ideas?

Fused Shadow should have tens of meters of range physically, she attacked Puppet Zelda from the entrance to the throne room, to the throne. That's a distance of over 20m, angsizing got me 22.5916704113m btw, don't know if that's worth blogging though.
The Trident by proxy would be the same, or "Higher".
Also we should add some gifs to her technique section, but I can take care of that later if nobody wants to do that.

We should also probably list a stamina example just for indexing purposes, any ideas?

Well I figured using Link's feats as a wolf would work since she's fighting alongside him, but took a look at his profile and he doesn't have any either.

Yeah, I'd appreciate you adding the gifs after.

Bump. Currently at work, but I think I hammered out all the major things for the profile. Please give a look.

I looked, Looks good minus a few missing commas and stuff
I'd also mention Midna's lifting feats in her AP because KE/PE for them exists and are way the **** beyond breaking a chain by millions of times, which I'll calc sometime in the future when I have more free time.

Btw, this got more than enough staff approval. Can be applied, as the thread has way more than 48 hours since made.

Pretty much agree with Chariot and Saman on the little tweaks. Thought I'd like to correct several capitalization errors.

Several Meters with Hair and Magic (Impaled Zant from across the room. Can create a large energy field as well as send out magic as projectiles) Thousands of Kilometers with Portals (Can fast travel to various locations in Hyrule), Interdimensional via Dimensional Travel | Tens of Meters with Tentacles and Trident (Extended her limbs across Hyrule's throne room)
The "Meters" should be lower case. "Hair", "Tentacles" and "Magic" should also be lowercase.

Unknown, Class M with Telekinesis (Capable of lifting large structures such as a volcanic boulder and part of Eldin Bridge) | Class E (Halted Dark Beast Ganon in his tracks, before throwing him to the side)
"Telekinesis" should be lower case.

Her Hair, Fused Shadow | Trident
Again, "Hair" should be lowercase. Pretty sure that's all I had.

The "Meters" should be lower case. "Hair", "Tentacles" and "Magic" should also be lowercase.
I'm pretty sure we actually capitalize the Meters, but only when in reference to "Range" listings (like "tens of meters" in a sentence wouldn't be, but when listing range it'd be "Tens of Meters"). idk why we do, but we do.

See it all the time on a bunch of profiles, tho it is pretty all over and some do and some do not, tbh was confused on that myself at one point and hit up some lads (of which staff included. Around October actually, did so for the Kira overhaul) and was told to capitalize the relevant words so it has the same capitalization as the terms as they are on the "Range" page (Which does capitalize them like that so i guess?).

This bothers me significantly and I hate it. I will henceforth never acknowledge it out of spite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back