• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lee Soo-Jin vs Issei Hyoudou

Oof. Well shit.

If the armours are part of the ability then yeah, they get nulled. Didn't think this one through.

This should probably be closed then, if it's a stomp.

Burning Full Fingers said:
It's six, three isn't enough for Small Country level+.
How the resistance works is that you can't cancel / nullify infinity. But anyway, I don't believe we can use True DxD in match-ups for now, he says he can't afford to do so currently. So I'm not sure how the match could work. If the power nullification prevents the use of supernatural powers, Ise would not be maintain Pseudo DxD or any other armour for that matter. He'd have to revert to base, similar to most of his confrontations with Rizevim I guess.
the calc only resulted in 3 teratons

Sir Ovens said:
Oof. Well shit.

If the armours are part of the ability then yeah, they get nulled. Didn't think this one through.

This should probably be closed then, if it's a stomp.
I don't see how this is a stomp when one side just thinks first.

Issei gets my vote, honestly think he's way stronger then his profile suggests, based on Ddraigs statement of being able to destroy the world with brute force multiple times over.

Did you guys not read anything above...?

He gets powernulled at the start and turned into a 7A.

Even with what Ddraig said that he can destroy the world with brute force multiple times over can be hyperbole or over a period of time. Maybe it's true but the feat is non-existent. It would be like saying Madara's Susanoo can destroy all things in the Universe because he said so.

Schnee One said:
Did you guys not read anything above...?
He gets powernulled at the start and turned into a 7A.
He can requip cxc instantly, plus Issei already fought a guy that could nullify his power and destroy his armour (Rizvim Livin Lucifer), as long as the attack hits you'll still receive the full power of the attack using penetrate, Even if you nullify the attack completely and destroy his armour.

Sir Ovens said:
Also, the law manip that said divine entities used was supposed to null humans like Soo-Jin and prevent them from harming Gods. So I don't think a single layer of resistance to power null is gonna work on her.
Isn't that still just one layer? For it to be power null, the humans would need to have naturally resisted power null but they still got nulled.

Now that I think about it, Soo-Jin may just be resistant to power null as opposed to power nulling power null. So Issei resists probably. Though, that still puts his CQC into question, as Soo-Jin won't fight at a range knowing that she lacks ranged options.

She has speed amp techniques and attacks that intercept projectiles. Hell, if they are of comparable AP, Soo-Jin can just kick away projectiles with Cutting the Front.

Issei is able to manipulate his attacks like they are part of his body, so he could move them out of the way.

Pailingual: It allows him to hear the voice of, and communicate with the breasts of females. He can listen to their thoughts and strategies, and is useful for gaining knowledge on their plans, techniques and possible weaknesses, eliminating the chance of getting caught off guard and allowing him to stay one step ahead of them. It ignores and bypasses resistances and countermeasures to conventional telepathy, as it is simply breast communication.

Pailingual is going to be helpful in avoiding her attacks and knowing what she's trying to do.

That isn't going to help much when she's fought on par with someone who was using a martial art made specifically to counter her own and only lost because said martial art literally increased your AP when you perform it.

A martial arts that counters your moves is different from a technique that lets you know what your opponent is planning and thinking about.

@Burning

Can Issei use the Wyvern Fairies in this key?

There isn't really much to think about. Soo-Jin has one strategy and she sticks to it, and that's to beat the shit out of her opponent. She's like this the entire time she was on screen. The only thing that would really be of importance to Issei would be her fighting technique, which, as I said, does nothing when she's fought someone who directly counters her fighting technique.

Also as elegantly as Dean put it in the latest few chapters:

Knowing a meteor is coming, doesn't mean you can escape death.

I mean, if he knows she's about to punch him from the left, then he can dodge it easily as he knows where the attack is coming from. If she's blocking, then Issei will be able to hit her where her guard isn't up.

That's the thing, Mo-Ri knew exactly what she was up to, but still couldn't counter properly because there was just no proper counter to her technique. He couldn't block in time, even though he instinctively knew what attack was coming, so he had to use Il-Pyo's martial art instead to counter her.

Even Mo-Ri himself was caught off guard and stated that he didn't know what technique he performed, only that he performed it.

Dunno if it's exactly the same from what you said, it seems like he knew what she was going to do but he did not have the specifications of how she would do so in detail, which is what Pailingual would do.

@Dragon

Divine Dividing is recorded in Ddraig's soul, so yeah.

Just to mention, he has speed amps as well, and his AP is a fair bit higher so she would not be able to kick his techniques away like that. He can technically redirect it back at her mentally or with the wyverns anyway. To make it worse, the wyverns can double the power of his attacks as they pass through them. Infinity Blaster + Longinus Smasher one shots people on his level and that's not taking into account the Ddraig manifestation and combination moves. There's also BPW and BWC. And I'm pretty sure she can't survive Blazing Inferno?

Still, Pseudo DxD doesn't have resistance to power nullification so the current debate should be pointless. Penetrate wouldn't bypass it unless it works similarly to SGC.

Back