• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Oppai King vs. Goku (Mid)

It is isn’t used to quantify stastics but it’s accepted that boost is just double because that’s what’s listed on the P&A for his Stat Amplification.

For the sake of this we can just say it’s 2x
The profile clarifies it's too inconsistent to follow our multiplier standards, meaning they are unaccepted.

It's labeled like that because that's how the series talks about it. But the note at the bottom is meant to clarify that we do not accept that.

There's no other point to be made, Issei's canon multiplier are not accepted on this wiki due to being too inconsistent.

I haven't read far enough in to the DXD LN to agree or disagree with that statement, I'm just pointing out what our profile says.

The profile clarifies it's too inconsistent to follow our multiplier standards, meaning they are unaccepted.

It's labeled like that because that's how the series talks about it. But the note at the bottom is meant to clarify that we do not accept that.

There's no other point to be made, Issei's canon multiplier are not accepted on this wiki due to being too inconsistent.

I haven't read far enough in to the DXD LN to agree or disagree with that statement, I'm just pointing out what our profile says.
We run into a bit of an issue here since the Statistics Amplification for Issei says it’s double and that’s fine but if it’s not fine for multiplier then idk what to do.

I believe it’s for saying that “Oh well Issei was x2 his current AP so we can update his AP to (insert tier here)” rather than if he uses the ability in a versus match it’s just not useable.

I guess we would just consult the crt that put that in place but, for this fight I’m going to say it’s x2

Issei's Statistics Amplification says that his stats get doubled by every boost, so I guess you can count the multipliers in the battle.

Also, considering how fast he can spam boosts, that he needs a single touch to use divine dividing, the initial distance and everything said above, I'd vote for Issei FRA
How many boosts he normally summons? He would need a lot of them to even come close to Goku´s AP

Goku wouldn´t be sitting here leaving Issei give him multiple punches at once, his massive strenght and skill advantage would definitely makes he hit at the very least 1 punch (Something that, considering the power gap, would be enough to One-Shot)

We run into a bit of an issue here since the Statistics Amplification for Issei says it’s double and that’s fine but if it’s not fine for multiplier then idk what to do.

I believe it’s for saying that “Oh well Issei was x2 his current AP so we can update his AP to (insert tier here)” rather than if he uses the ability in a versus match it’s just not useable.

I guess we would just consult the crt that put that in place but, for this fight I’m going to say it’s x2
Rusty already answered to all of that

Also would like to mention Draig has instances where he can sense the gap of power between Issei and another person and can tell Issei to just boost, I also believe Issei can passively sense this to.

Also important to mention that boost effects his speed as well, so even with a couple boosts and speed equalized Issei could very easily just start dodging Goku, with his speed and strength getting even faster.

Not certain, the note was placed because of this thread and there was no real discussion on it.

I could be wrong, maybe I'm missing something here, but it's kind of a sloppy CRT.

And as I said, I don't know if the note is even valid myself as it gives no examples and I haven't read far enough to give an opinion myself.

Not certain, the note was placed because of this thread and there was no real discussion on it.

I could be wrong, maybe I'm missing something here, but it's kind of a sloppy CRT.

And as I said, I don't know if the note is even valid myself as it gives no examples and I haven't read far enough to give an opinion myself.
Wow that is an old crt but also 0 discussion on the note. Maybe a CRT is in order.

There should probably be an actual CRT of sorts addressing Boosted Gear's 2x boosting effect (and Divine Dividing's Halving status effect inducement) seeing that the note was added onto there but seemingly without an actual discussion...or if there was, there isn't any talk of it linked unless there is but that seems to be fairly old enough to have been on there without a linked discussion.

In fairness, the very early volumes of DxD DID make mention of Boosted Gear being able to double one's power through certain intervals (this was before it was mastered to where Issei can just spam TFO of it)

“……Red Dragon. Until recently there wasn’t a mark like this…… I see, so that’s what it is……”

Is it me or does Buchou's eyes look like as if she's a bit shocked?

“I found out the main reason why Ise was able to beat a Fallen Angel.”

Buchou says it quietly.

“Fallen Angel Raynare. This boy, Hyoudou Issei’s Sacred Gear isn’t a regular Sacred Gear. That’s why you lost.”

Raynare has a puzzled face after hearing Buchou.

“—[Red Dragon Emperor's Gauntlet (Boosted Gear)], a Sacred Gear that is said to be the rarest of the rare. The Red Dragon mark on the gauntlet is the evidence. Even you have heard of that name before, right?”

After listening to Buchou, Raynare puts on a very shocked expression.

“B-Boosted Gear…… One of the [Tools that Destroy God (Longinus)] …… Even though it’s for a temporarily time, it’s said that it has the power to surpass Maous and God…… Are you telling me that hateful power is possessed in a boy like this!?”

“If it’s just like the legend is told, then the ability of the [Boosted Gear] can double the power of the possessor every 10 seconds. Even if his power starts from 1, it doubles his power every 10 seconds, and it can reach the power of the leader-class Fallen Angels and High-class Devils. And by mastering it, he could even kill God.”

Are you serious, Buchou!? I can defeat God!?

…… So that’s the power of my Sacred Gear.

There is a mark of a Red Dragon carved into my gauntlet.

So the reason why it kept on saying “Boost, Boost” is because it was doubling my power. So that’s why my power kept on increasing inside me.

So the reason why Raynare was scared of me is because I had attained a power that surpasses her without realising it.

What a powerful Sacred Gear……

I looked at the Sacred Gear on my left arm fearfully.

Boosted Gear. My Sacred Gear. This is an incredible Sacred Gear.

HS DxD Vol 1 Life 4

I make my Boosted Gear appear on my left arm just like Buchou orders me to.

“Boost!”

[Boost!!]

The Sacred Gear makes a sound at my words, and I can feel the power coming into my body. With this my power has doubled.

Ten seconds later.

[Boost!!]

My power doubles again. The power I can feel from my Sacred Gear runs through my body.

It’s all right that my power is getting doubled, but there are things that I need to keep in mind when I use my Boosted Gear.

You may think there are no limits to my powers increasing, but the truth is that isn’t the case. Once I activated my Boosted Gear to see how far I can increase my power but after a few minutes I fainted. The reason is simple. My body can’t handle the power as it increases more. When I asked Buchou afterwards,

“For example think that you are a truck. What will happen if you carry more package than the truck can carry? It won’t move right? That’s how it is.”

That’s how she explained to me.

The package equals my powers that are doubling. If the quantity of package keeps on doubling, then the truck will decrease in speed and by the end it won’t move.

So in other words if the power gets too big, then it puts stress on my body. That’s why I fainted. My body which is a vessel won’t be able to withstand the increased power.

That’s what happened when I activated it for a few minutes. The jewel in the gauntlet made a sound which said [Burst], then my body got heavier and it felt like all my senses froze.

Even if there are no limits to the Sacred Gear, the user which is me in this case does have limits. That’s my Sacred Gear’s weakness.

Well, it’s more like my weakness. It’s not the Sacred Gear’s fault.

I got my twelfth power up after Buchou ordered me to power up. Then Buchou orders me to “Stop” my Sacred Gear’s power up.

“Let’s do this, Boosted Gear!”

[Explosion!!]

This sound also represents the stop of the power up and acts as a stopper.

Once the power up stops, I can fight with that increased power for a certain time. The length of time I can use it depends on my action during the power up. The more I move, and the more I attack, it minimises the time. This also affects my stamina, and if I’m in a tired state, then the time will also be shorter. One of the ways to use this Sacred Gear is that I don’t receive any damage.

HS DxD Vol 2 Life 3

The centre of the hall was cleared in a hurry.

The Devils in the hall are standing around the space, watching with keen eyes. The club members are sitting in the same place as Buchou. Maou-sama is also next to Buchou.

On the other hand, at the House of Phoenix side, their relatives, their servants, and Riser’s sister are sitting there.

And Riser and I are confronting each other at the centre of the space. So this must be a Devil's ring then. I already have my Boosted Gear on my left arm. Riser has a confident face.

“Please start!”

The Devil male who is in charge of the battle gave a call for the start of the match. The battle starts! There’s no more turning back! Yeah, I just have to win! But before that happens!

Riser who has his fire wings out points at my gauntlet.

“All of your ability is already cracked. A Sacred Gear that keeps on doubling the power of the user, the [Boosted Gear]. Also it seems like you gained a new ability that can transfer the multiplied power into an object or your allies.

So he knows about the ability of [Boosted Gear Gift].

HS DxD Life vs Power Part 3

“My name is Albion.”

[Divide!]

I heard the sound, and the aura around Kokabiel got reduced immediately. Half of the spears of light in the sky also vanished.

One of the abilities of my “Divine Dividing”. It halves the power of those I touch every 10 seconds. Your power will become my power. You don’t have time! If you don’t defeat me quickly, you will become so weak that you can’t even beat a human.”

…Just like in the legend. The ability of the Sekiryuutei doubles the power of the possessor and can transfer it to others. The ability of the Hakuryuukou takes the power of their opponents and make it theirs. With the remaining wings, Kokabiel tried to go towards the Vanishing-Dragon, Albion. But he couldn’t catch him because he wasn’t able to keep up with the movements that could be said to be as fast as the speed of light. Then one of the echelons of the fallen-angels who was overwhelming us was being played around with.

[Divide!]

“Damn you!”

He tried to attack Albion with a spear of light and a sword of light, but the Hakuryuukou swung his arm to the side and vaporised them. While Kokabiel was having a hard time fighting, his powers were getting halved.

[Divide!]

After a few sounds, Kokabiel’s movement fell so low that even I could take him on with ease. Albion sighed.

“……Already the power of a middle-level fallen-angel, huh. Boring. I thought I could have a bit more fun……"

Albion disappeared from my sight and went towards Kokabiel while creating tracks of light.

THRUST!

Albion’s fist went deep into Kokabiel’s stomach. Kokabiel’s body bent a lot and he vomited on the ground. He didn’t even have a trace left of the overwhelming opponent from before……

HS DxD Vol 3 New Knight and Rival Part 2

Just as he says, I won’t be able to even graze him with my skill. Damn it! If it’s like this, I should have learned more swordplay from Kiba! Next time I’ll train seriously! In this Balance Breaker state, it’s temporarily possible to use my doubling ability whenever and however I want.

[However, every time you use it, your stamina or demonic power will be consumed. The doubling ability will proportionally take away stamina to how high it is. That’s my original Balancer Breaker ability. Although this is a temporary Balance Breaker state, wouldn’t you just be committing an act of folly by exhausting the power that maintains your armour with just one use? Even the bracelet you got from Azazel has its limits. Every time you use it, the time for using Balance Breaker will decrease.]

So even just maintaining this state uses up stamina! Vali’s side must have a lot of surplus!

[Your opponent Vali seems to have a tremendous amount of demonic power. As a paired existence, the Hakuryuukou will also shave off power every time he uses his ability, but if the host’s stamina is great, then the time in which he can use it will also be enormous.]

[Divide!]

I heard a voice from the Hakuryuukou’s gauntlet, and my power instantly vanished. Did he halve my power!? Was it activated from the blow I received to my chest before!?

[Boost!]

However, I also activated my own Sacred Gear and my power was restored.

[Partner, the power that was halved was restored by my power, but the Vanishing Dragon’s other ability is troublesome.]

Ddraig, what do you mean?

[That guy halves his opponent’s power, and then adds the decreased portion of power to himself. In other words, your power is taken away and turned into his own power. Stamina can’t be recovered. It’s only power to the end.]

T-Then, even if I reset from the minus, that guy will become plus!?

[That’s right. However, no matter how amazing the host is, he has a limit. Power that goes beyond his capacity is released from the wings of light on his back in order to keep maintaining his power limit without destroying his body.]

So then, he always keeps his power at its peak without bursting and destroying himself...

HS DxD Vol 4 Life 5

Okay, I think I posted enough of how it was originally depicted here. This seems enough and can be reserved for a proper CRT.

Point is, various statements have been made by various characters including Ddraig himself that Boosted Gear can double the user's power. Same thing said for Albion being able to halve a target's power and all that.

Although in fairness, the note on Issei's page isn't wrong still as I believe at some point the mentions of BG's doubling boost/DD's halving reduction stopped getting mentioned. Starting off to like Vol 6 and up, Issei just kept getting transformations that accommodate with his boosts but the mentions of it doubling his stats becomes less and less frequent after a point. What point is that, IDK. But at least in the early few volumes of DxD, BG DID double Issei's power.

There should probably be an actual CRT of sorts addressing Boosted Gear's 2x boosting effect (and Divine Dividing's Halving status effect inducement) seeing that the note was added onto there but seemingly without an actual discussion...or if there was, there isn't any talk of it linked unless there is but that seems to be fairly old enough to have been on there without a linked discussion.

In fairness, the very early volumes of DxD DID make mention of Boosted Gear being able to double one's power through certain intervals (this was before it was mastered to where Issei can just spam TFO of it)

“……Red Dragon. Until recently there wasn’t a mark like this…… I see, so that’s what it is……”

Is it me or does Buchou's eyes look like as if she's a bit shocked?

“I found out the main reason why Ise was able to beat a Fallen Angel.”

Buchou says it quietly.

“Fallen Angel Raynare. This boy, Hyoudou Issei’s Sacred Gear isn’t a regular Sacred Gear. That’s why you lost.”

Raynare has a puzzled face after hearing Buchou.

“—[Red Dragon Emperor's Gauntlet (Boosted Gear)], a Sacred Gear that is said to be the rarest of the rare. The Red Dragon mark on the gauntlet is the evidence. Even you have heard of that name before, right?”

After listening to Buchou, Raynare puts on a very shocked expression.

“B-Boosted Gear…… One of the [Tools that Destroy God (Longinus)] …… Even though it’s for a temporarily time, it’s said that it has the power to surpass Maous and God…… Are you telling me that hateful power is possessed in a boy like this!?”

“If it’s just like the legend is told, then the ability of the [Boosted Gear] can double the power of the possessor every 10 seconds. Even if his power starts from 1, it doubles his power every 10 seconds, and it can reach the power of the leader-class Fallen Angels and High-class Devils. And by mastering it, he could even kill God.”

Are you serious, Buchou!? I can defeat God!?

…… So that’s the power of my Sacred Gear.

There is a mark of a Red Dragon carved into my gauntlet.

So the reason why it kept on saying “Boost, Boost” is because it was doubling my power. So that’s why my power kept on increasing inside me.

So the reason why Raynare was scared of me is because I had attained a power that surpasses her without realising it.

What a powerful Sacred Gear……

I looked at the Sacred Gear on my left arm fearfully.

Boosted Gear. My Sacred Gear. This is an incredible Sacred Gear.

I make my Boosted Gear appear on my left arm just like Buchou orders me to.

“Boost!”

[Boost!!]

The Sacred Gear makes a sound at my words, and I can feel the power coming into my body. With this my power has doubled.

Ten seconds later.

[Boost!!]

My power doubles again. The power I can feel from my Sacred Gear runs through my body.

It’s all right that my power is getting doubled, but there are things that I need to keep in mind when I use my Boosted Gear.

You may think there are no limits to my powers increasing, but the truth is that isn’t the case. Once I activated my Boosted Gear to see how far I can increase my power but after a few minutes I fainted. The reason is simple. My body can’t handle the power as it increases more. When I asked Buchou afterwards,

“For example think that you are a truck. What will happen if you carry more package than the truck can carry? It won’t move right? That’s how it is.”

That’s how she explained to me.

The package equals my powers that are doubling. If the quantity of package keeps on doubling, then the truck will decrease in speed and by the end it won’t move.

So in other words if the power gets too big, then it puts stress on my body. That’s why I fainted. My body which is a vessel won’t be able to withstand the increased power.

That’s what happened when I activated it for a few minutes. The jewel in the gauntlet made a sound which said [Burst], then my body got heavier and it felt like all my senses froze.

Even if there are no limits to the Sacred Gear, the user which is me in this case does have limits. That’s my Sacred Gear’s weakness.

Well, it’s more like my weakness. It’s not the Sacred Gear’s fault.

I got my twelfth power up after Buchou ordered me to power up. Then Buchou orders me to “Stop” my Sacred Gear’s power up.

“Let’s do this, Boosted Gear!”

[Explosion!!]

This sound also represents the stop of the power up and acts as a stopper.

Once the power up stops, I can fight with that increased power for a certain time. The length of time I can use it depends on my action during the power up. The more I move, and the more I attack, it minimises the time. This also affects my stamina, and if I’m in a tired state, then the time will also be shorter. One of the ways to use this Sacred Gear is that I don’t receive any damage.

The centre of the hall was cleared in a hurry.

The Devils in the hall are standing around the space, watching with keen eyes. The club members are sitting in the same place as Buchou. Maou-sama is also next to Buchou.

On the other hand, at the House of Phoenix side, their relatives, their servants, and Riser’s sister are sitting there.

And Riser and I are confronting each other at the centre of the space. So this must be a Devil's ring then. I already have my Boosted Gear on my left arm. Riser has a confident face.

“Please start!”

The Devil male who is in charge of the battle gave a call for the start of the match. The battle starts! There’s no more turning back! Yeah, I just have to win! But before that happens!

Riser who has his fire wings out points at my gauntlet.

“All of your ability is already cracked. A Sacred Gear that keeps on doubling the power of the user, the [Boosted Gear]. Also it seems like you gained a new ability that can transfer the multiplied power into an object or your allies.

So he knows about the ability of [Boosted Gear Gift].

“My name is Albion.”

[Divide!]

I heard the sound, and the aura around Kokabiel got reduced immediately. Half of the spears of light in the sky also vanished.

One of the abilities of my “Divine Dividing”. It halves the power of those I touch every 10 seconds. Your power will become my power. You don’t have time! If you don’t defeat me quickly, you will become so weak that you can’t even beat a human.”

…Just like in the legend. The ability of the Sekiryuutei doubles the power of the possessor and can transfer it to others. The ability of the Hakuryuukou takes the power of their opponents and make it theirs. With the remaining wings, Kokabiel tried to go towards the Vanishing-Dragon, Albion. But he couldn’t catch him because he wasn’t able to keep up with the movements that could be said to be as fast as the speed of light. Then one of the echelons of the fallen-angels who was overwhelming us was being played around with.

[Divide!]

“Damn you!”

He tried to attack Albion with a spear of light and a sword of light, but the Hakuryuukou swung his arm to the side and vaporised them. While Kokabiel was having a hard time fighting, his powers were getting halved.

[Divide!]

After a few sounds, Kokabiel’s movement fell so low that even I could take him on with ease. Albion sighed.

“……Already the power of a middle-level fallen-angel, huh. Boring. I thought I could have a bit more fun……"

Albion disappeared from my sight and went towards Kokabiel while creating tracks of light.

THRUST!

Albion’s fist went deep into Kokabiel’s stomach. Kokabiel’s body bent a lot and he vomited on the ground. He didn’t even have a trace left of the overwhelming opponent from before……

Just as he says, I won’t be able to even graze him with my skill. Damn it! If it’s like this, I should have learned more swordplay from Kiba! Next time I’ll train seriously! In this Balance Breaker state, it’s temporarily possible to use my doubling ability whenever and however I want.

[However, every time you use it, your stamina or demonic power will be consumed. The doubling ability will proportionally take away stamina to how high it is. That’s my original Balancer Breaker ability. Although this is a temporary Balance Breaker state, wouldn’t you just be committing an act of folly by exhausting the power that maintains your armour with just one use? Even the bracelet you got from Azazel has its limits. Every time you use it, the time for using Balance Breaker will decrease.]

So even just maintaining this state uses up stamina! Vali’s side must have a lot of surplus!

[Your opponent Vali seems to have a tremendous amount of demonic power. As a paired existence, the Hakuryuukou will also shave off power every time he uses his ability, but if the host’s stamina is great, then the time in which he can use it will also be enormous.]

[Divide!]

I heard a voice from the Hakuryuukou’s gauntlet, and my power instantly vanished. Did he halve my power!? Was it activated from the blow I received to my chest before!?

[Boost!]

However, I also activated my own Sacred Gear and my power was restored.

[Partner, the power that was halved was restored by my power, but the Vanishing Dragon’s other ability is troublesome.]

Ddraig, what do you mean?

[That guy halves his opponent’s power, and then adds the decreased portion of power to himself. In other words, your power is taken away and turned into his own power. Stamina can’t be recovered. It’s only power to the end.]

T-Then, even if I reset from the minus, that guy will become plus!?

[That’s right. However, no matter how amazing the host is, he has a limit. Power that goes beyond his capacity is released from the wings of light on his back in order to keep maintaining his power limit without destroying his body.]

So then, he always keeps his power at its peak without bursting and destroying himself...

Okay, I think I posted enough of how it was originally depicted here. This seems enough and can be reserved for a proper CRT.

Point is, various statements have been made by various characters including Ddraig himself that Boosted Gear can double the user's power. Same thing said for Albion being able to halve a target's power and all that.

Although in fairness, the note on Issei's page isn't wrong still as I believe at some point the mentions of BG's doubling boost/DD's halving reduction stopped getting mentioned. Starting off to like Vol 6 and up, Issei just kept getting transformations that accommodate with his boosts but the mentions of it doubling his stats becomes less and less frequent after a point. What point is that, IDK. But at least in the early few volumes of DxD, BG DID double Issei's power.
You should make a CRT, but I think even if they stop mentioning it, it's probably just to not be redundant.

You should make a CRT, but I think even if they stop mentioning it, it's probably just to not be redundant.
I can try it seeing as I'm like one of the few people who cares enough to bring any of this to the table lol.

After all, I did make a post on a DxD discussion thread talking about a spin off and it got zero f'ing traction lol

But it's also somewhat possible that's the case too. Maybe Ishibumi (Author) didn't bother to keep doing that cuz it'd be redundant...or that it'd be just super crazy if he was aware how doubling one's power so much like that would get...or it's even likely they suck at basic math.

On the other hand, Ishibumi did make clear statements of things like mountain busting, island busting, and things about destroying the world/planet so...there is that and possibly why DxD is capped at that atm... 🤷‍♂️

I can try it seeing as I'm like one of the few people who cares enough to bring any of this to the table lol.

After all, I did make a post on a DxD discussion thread talking about a spin off and it got zero f'ing traction lol

But it's also somewhat possible that's the case too. Maybe Ishibumi (Author) didn't bother to keep doing that cuz it'd be redundant...or that it'd be just super crazy if he was aware how doubling one's power so much like that would get...or it's even likely they suck at basic math.

On the other hand, Ishibumi did make clear statements of things like mountain busting, island busting, and things about destroying the world/planet so...there is that and possibly why DxD is capped at that atm... 🤷‍♂️
Link to the general discussion thread? All this has me interested in DxD so maybe I can help you update the verse.

06a

@ReaperAndBlues also voted in Goku

I'm voting Goku FRA until the nonsense with Issei's amps gets clarified once and for all.
For the sake of the thread, just assume it's times 2, that's the most consistent and the note itself doesn't even seem to have any sort of backing or clarification, most of us agree it should be x2 anyways.

I’ll summarize the points for each character rq

Issei
Boost and Divide are his go to starters
Can boost multiple times in a second, only needs about 40 to one shot base Goku
Draig can sense the difference in power between opponents and even tell Issei about it
Boost is a x2 multiplier to both speed and power, divide takes away 2 power and adds it back to Issei
Not very threatening so has more leeway towards Goku not seeing him as a deadly threat

Goku:
Much more skilled
Starts out able to oneshot, Kaioken boosts this gap
Ki techniques

I think a big thing that makes me confident Goku loses is that unless he’s bloodlusted, due to the distance even a couple boosts is enough to make Issei exponentially faster than him, completely removing the issue of a oneshot if he just dodged cause he’s so much faster, and it keeps getting worse the more boost he does cause then his strength will eventually catch up, couple that with dividing, I think Issei decidedly takes it.

Issei
Draig can sense the difference in power between opponents and even tell Issei about it
Boost is a x2 multiplier to both speed and power, divide takes away 2 power and adds it back to Issei
Not very threatening so has more leeway towards Goku not seeing him as a deadly threat

Goku:
Much more skilled
Ki techniques

I think a big thing that makes me confident Goku loses is that unless he’s bloodlusted, due to the distance even a couple boosts is enough to make Issei exponentially faster than him, completely removing the issue of a oneshot if he just dodged cause he’s so much faster, and it keeps getting worse the more boost he does cause then his strength will eventually catch up, couple that with dividing, I think Issei decidedly takes it.
I mean, with Kaioken, Goku’s Ki Sensing, and SBA couldn’t the reverse be said? Goku tries to end the fight because he’s an “enemy attempting to do significant harm,” and multiplies his speed to wallop Issei? Also, does Issei have any counter to Goku’s ability to create two way telepathy, telling Goku his thoughts?

I mean, with Kaioken, Goku’s Ki Sensing, and SBA couldn’t the reverse be said? Goku tries to end the fight because he’s an “enemy attempting to do significant harm,” and multiplies his speed to wallop Issei? Also, does Issei have any counter to Goku’s ability to create two way telepathy, telling Goku his thoughts?
I think there should be a resistance because I remember Draig preventing someone from reading Issei’s thoughts but I’d have to look.

Also yeah, the reverse can be said but x2-4 boost vs Issei already having exponentially increased his speed to be untouchable isn’t going to be helpful, especially if Goku is losing it with Divide.

I think there should be a resistance because I remember Draig preventing someone from reading Issei’s thoughts but I’d have to look.

Also yeah, the reverse can be said but x2-4 boost vs Issei already having exponentially increased his speed to be untouchable isn’t going to be helpful, especially if Goku is losing it with Divide.
Actually, would Draig even account for the Kaioken buff? Since he wouldn’t know about it? Also, would he be able to do the Boosts in time before getting smacked by Kaioken is the question, then.

Actually, would Draig even account for the Kaioken buff? Since he wouldn’t know about it? Also, would he be able to do the Boosts in time before getting smacked by Kaioken is the question, then.
Considering the quotes which show him doing about 10-15 in a second I think he could, he’s known to spam it so I doubt doubt that he just starts out with 10 and he’s already much faster

Low key don’t get why people think Goku wins when Issei creates his own gap in speed in a matter of seconds maybe even 1

I mean, Goku is capable of handling pretty immense speed gaps, (see Goku V Frieza) but I think Issei wins this.
His skill definitley helps, but at some point I think it just becomes too much for Goku to handle, but we should probably look at his other abilities cause Issei also has stuff like penetrate which guarantees hits iirc.

I mean, Goku is capable of handling pretty immense speed gaps, (see Goku V Frieza) but I think Issei wins this.
Is it alright if I mark your vote? Also
Issei has attack reflection, which could help with Ki attacks and paralysis inducement.

BTW, so we're on the same page, we get that Issei is in his possibly 5-B value right?

Issei
How many boosts he ever used at the same time In-Canon?

SBA makes both of them see each other as enemies that "wish to cause them severe harm such that losing could have any range of dire consequences"

So this won´t be a problem

Goku:

Much more skilled
Ngl, i think you are underestimating the skill gap

Ki techniques
Fine

The only real and significative advantage i see for Issei are his Speed amps, how many boosts he normally starts with?

Also, as RedReaper mentioned, Goku is familiarized with speed gaps

How many boosts he ever used at the same time In-Canon?
I don’t think there’s a limit but one of the quotes sent by Qlipoth had him do 10+

And it’s important to remember it’s technically exponential because when he boosts the next x2 from a boost is applied to the new value (basically if he starts out at 2 joules it becomes 2 * 2 = 4, which would then be 4 * 2 = 8)

I don’t think there’s a limit but one of the quotes sent by Qlipoth had him do 10+

And it’s important to remember it’s technically exponential because when he boosts the next x2 from a boost is applied to the new value (basically if he starts out at 2 joules it becomes 2 * 2 = 4, which would then be 4 * 2 = 8)
Considering that i think Issei may have more chances of victory, but i will wait for the opinion of others

Last edited:

The limit I think was based on how much the user's body can endure Boosted Gear's doubling/boost effect + a time interval of 10 secs he needed to hold out for him to get another boost (this is long past circumvented following the unlocking of BG's armored up scale mail form around Vol 2-4, if not 5). For Issei as he showed, Vol 1 had him go as many as 4 and that was just when he learned what he actually had that wasn't just a single 2x boost that a genetic Sacred Gear he was thought to have. By Vol 2, he got to around 8-10 boosts of the 2x buff. In Vol 4, he can certainly spam it and did this many times fighting his rival (Vali)

I moved my head mechanically and turned my gaze towards Buchou. After Buchou saw my expression, she shuddered just a little in fear. Yeah, Buchou’s breasts. Those fantastic breasts. The breasts I love.

My everything. My world. My—. They’ll be halved...? Buchou’s breasts?

……

“Don’t...”

Yeah. I’ve decided.

“Don’t **** with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!”

I’ll kill Vali. I’ll absolutely kill Vali!

“You bastard! Buchoooooou’s! So you intend to halve the size of my Buchou’s breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasts!!”

[Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost!!!!!!]

Voices from jewels on various places of my armour repeatedly resounded.

“I won’t forgive you! You’re the one person I absolutely won’t forgive! I’ll knock you down! I’ll destroy you! Valiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!”

[Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost!!!!!!!!!!]

My surroundings flew off! The ground I was standing on was also greatly gouged out and changed into a crater. The windows of the old school building completely cracked, and the outer wall was collapsing. My whole body was wrapped in the greatest mass of aura it had ever had.

“Ahahaha! What the heck is that!? Seriously! His dragon power sprang up because his master’s breasts might become smaller!”

HS DxD Vol 4 Life 5

Yes, if you ask. This is legit from the LN and the protag is all about them *******.

Even back in Vol 4, he's capable of spamming his boosts in quick succession from as low as 6 to as many as 41 boosts (if I didn't miscount the boosts listed), giving Issei in this instant a total of 46 boosts he had here.

And once more, this was Issei WAY back in Vol 4 with just his basic balance breaker form he got so he's capable of boosting that many times in a single instance if desired and capable to (or when very motivated/pissed, but the latter part he got over it overtime), something he did again in one of my earlier comments in a form just prior to the one he's used here which is DxD form that let him do 45 boosts (if I didn't miscount that one also).

Last edited:
Back