• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Oppai King vs. Goku (Mid)

Goatku seems to take this.
Qlipoth just sent a scan that shows issei can boost about 45 times in a very short amount of time... Yeah, Goku CAN win, but that requires him to immediately kill Issei before he can utter Boost once which will be much harder with speed equal

Qlipoth just sent a scan that shows issei can boost about 45 times in a very short amount of time... Yeah, Goku CAN win, but that requires him to immediately kill Issei before he can utter Boost once which will be much harder with speed equal
But not impossible considering the utterly ridiculous skill advantage Goku has.

But not impossible considering the utterly ridiculous skill advantage Goku has.
True, but eventually it will literally become Senator Armstrong "standin here I realize" because Issei will just be untouchable.

IDK if I'm being annoying or helpful, but this is my last post regarding Issei's Boost spamming.

An explosion happened from a far off place! Smoke appears and spreads dust everywhere.

“Nuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!”

Ise-kun makes a roar, and when he covers himself with enormous amount of aura, a hole is made to the floor and it turned into a huge crater. Just by exposing his aura it seems like it will blow away the surroundings!

“Y-You Monster! A-Are you telling me this is the ‘Juggernaut-Drive'!? This is no joke! M-My power should have been raised to that of the former-Maou due to Ophis' power! He has surpassed the Boosted Gear's specs recorded in the data!”

Shalba's expression finally turns into that of fear. His eyes are dyed with fear, and looks at Ise-kun as someone he should fear.

We could only stand there and look in a daze. Buchou has her eyes opened wide and her whole body is trembling. Akeno-san, Xenovia, Koneko-chan, and Gasper-kun are looking at Ise-kun with fear. My body also couldn't stop trembling.

-That is a monster. That isn't Ise-kun anymore. Ise-kun……. Sekiryuutei started to change his stance. It spread its wings and looked directly at Shalba.

SLIDE

A sound of something sliding. When I looked, the chest and stomach part of the armour opened, and something that looks like a launcher shows up.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…………

After the silent vibration, a red aura gathers to the launcher. That starts to get bigger, and the aura is compressed and is charging at the launcher……….!

The wings which are spread to the sides are glowing red, and the creepy red colour spread around the area.

“Ku! I can't die in a place like this!”

Shalba tries to draw a magic circle with his remaining leg……. But that leg was “stopped”.

“……You stopped it! My leg!”

The eyes on the armour shone red. ………Are you telling me it activated an ability similar to Gasper-kun's Sacred Gear!?

[Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost!!!!!!!!!!]

[Longinus Smasher!!!!!!!]

It echoes through the shrine numerous of times. The sound coming from Sekiryuutei's Sacred Gear.

Then from the launcher that has been charged, an enormous amount of red aura is shot! This is bad! At this rate we will also get dragged into it!

HS DxD Vol 6 Juggernaut Drive

Once more, this was done in a weaker form below AxA and the others (though superior to his base Balance Breaker Scale Mail form), yet he was able to boost as many times as in the 40+ range.

Even in other parts of the story like in 7, Issei's gotten better at spamming boosts when he needs to at a time. Granted they're usually at lower numbers but they can be spammed as many times as he needs to provided he can handle those power buffs he gets.

So yes, it's a common thing for Issei to make as many as dozens of boosts in one go as many of the quotes I pulled up here.

Voting goku.

Issei's "boost" has zero feats of being an actual multiplier.literally every fight has issei boost more than 20 times only for the opponent to still keep up.whether it's against Vali,against sairorg,against loki, against cao cao,or against anyone else,for that matter

During his first fight,he fights Vali(who is his relative equal in base) after boosting 47 times only to be slightly faster him in speed and still couldn't one shot him.

Not to mention the AxA time limit and the sheer stress it puts on issei would mean Goku can just out stamina it.

Also,I highly doubt Goku would also not notice that his own power was dropping and his opponent is rising and simply realise that extending the fight would lead to his loss and just one shot him.

Voting goku.

Issei's "boost" has zero feats of being an actual multiplier.literally every fight has issei boost more than 20 times only for the opponent to still keep up.whether it's against Vali,against sairorg,against loki, against cao cao,or against anyone else,for that matter

During his first fight,he fights Vali(who is his relative equal in base) after boosting 47 times only to be slightly faster him in speed and still couldn't one shot him.

Not to mention the AxA time limit and the sheer stress it puts on issei would mean Goku can just out stamina it.

Also,I highly doubt Goku would also not notice that his own power was dropping and his opponent is rising and simply realise that extending the fight would lead to his loss and just one shot him.
Did you just glaze over the past 2 pages where Qlipoth provided consistent scans of it being double? You’re genuinely just being spiteful at this point

Also, Issei boosting in canon and not being able to match others can easily be chalked up to either plot induced stupidity cause I’m sure the author doesn’t actually think “If Issei Boosts 47 times he will be within oneshot range for Vali!” Or other characters at the time being stronger meaning Issei can now match them. This is consistent with Tier 6 and 5 where the gaps between tiers are quite large

In the case of Vali, the latter is Issei's rival as a "Heavenly Dragon (Host/Vessel/wtf you want to refer them)".

If Issei is the Crimson Dragon Emperor able to double/boost his power and transfer it, Vali is the White Dragon Emperor able to halve his enemy/opponent's power and add it to his own.

That's quite clearly stated in one of my posted text in as early as Vol 3 so it makes sense that Issei can't just one shot Vali who, while he can't increase his power past his peak, he can just keep on fighting at said peak while slowly nerfing his opponent over time. That's why Issei couldn't overpower him even after making those boosts + Issei isn't as strong as Vali is at (at the time of their fight in Vol 4) nor was he that developed after becoming a Devil and awakened Sacred Gear user.

All the other cases after that, fairly reasonable to assume the author doesn't know how god awful boosting can be if they're able to 2x your power/stats and all that or that they also found ways to not get OHKO'd (either being superhumanly tougher than what Issei can dish out at any given moment before he makes another set of boosts or some other form of it).

Did you just glaze over the past 2 pages where Qlipoth provided consistent scans of it being double? You’re genuinely just being spiteful at this point.
I did,also,I read the entire series so I know how many times the characters have spoken about it.however as the multipliers page points out.
However, a good statement alone is not enough to get a high multiplier accepted. The amount of extra evidence one has to provide to get larger multipliers accepted is proportional to the size of the multiplier. For lower multipliers, like things much less than times 100, evidence can take the form of a clear increase in combat strength against priorly equal or superior opponents.
It's pretty clear that a Vali who is relatively equal to issei still survived and kept up with issei after 47 boosts which is completely impossible if issei really did have 2x stats.
Also, Issei boosting in canon and not being able to match others can easily be chalked up to either plot induced stupidity cause
He does this every fight not just one,every fight.thats not how plot induced stupidity works.
This is consistent with Tier 6 and 5 where the gaps between tiers are quite large
Issei and Vali were tier 7 when this happened and if those 47 boosts really did boost him,issei would be low 5-b at that point.you think a tier 7 can take a hit from low 5-b?
That's quite clearly stated in one of my posted text in as early as Vol 3 so it makes sense that Issei can't just one shot Vali who, while he can't increase his power past his peak,
So you acknowledge that issei has a peak beyond which he can't double his power, especially so for his AxA,form which is extremely exhausting and can be held for a short time.

So what reason do we have to believe that issei can even double his power to reach goku's level.
All the other cases after that, fairly reasonable to assume the author doesn't know how god awful boosting can be if they're able to 2x your power/stats and all that or that they also found ways to not get OHKO'd
I feel like thats a big assumption,the fact that a guy who is 2^47 times stronger than cant one shot or completely speedblitz you is a little too unbelievable.

The quote you send literally denotes that it’s for big multipliers, a x2 multiplier doesn’t exactly seem big.

The quote you send literally denotes that it’s for big multipliers, a x2 multiplier doesn’t exactly seem big.
Your win-con for issei is that he can boost 40 times which would increase his strength by 1.1x10^12 time allowing him to one shot Goku.

I belive that if someone is capable of such a feat,that should only be accepted with lots of evidence and little anti-feats.

Your win-con for issei is that he can boost 40 times which would increase his strength by 1.1x10^12 time allowing him to one shot Goku.

I belive that if someone is capable of such a feat,that should only be accepted with lots of evidence and little anti-feats.
If you have such an issue then make a CRT. Boost is currently accepted as double his power with past CRTs and scans to support it but saying that “I’m voting Goku because I don’t believe this is how it works” despite the ability being approved to work that way is rather interesting.

Did you just glaze over the past 2 pages where Qlipoth provided consistent scans of it being double? You’re genuinely just being spiteful at this point
Just to note what they posted doesn't even cover the majority of Issei's fights. That's only a tiny fraction of "evidence". Though, him boosting like that isn't really evidence in of itself. He'd need actual showings along with those statements, with little or no inconsistences at all.
Also, Issei boosting in canon and not being able to match others can easily be chalked up to either plot induced stupidity cause I’m sure the author doesn’t actually think “If Issei Boosts 47 times he will be within oneshot range for Vali!” Or other characters at the time being stronger meaning Issei can now match them. This is consistent with Tier 6 and 5 where the gaps between tiers are quite large
Um, if this was true that means we'd reject the multiplier for being inconsistent. We don't just call it PIS and keep it. Trying to guess Author Intent is a fools errand. We go by what happens in universe, we don't try to guess what the author intents with something. Since at that point, all of our ratings would be in question.

Multipliers of such a high value need extra evidence. "If multiple multipliers are to be stacked, that are used upon each other, the evidence for the end result is equal to the total multiplier applied to the best feat. That means that if, for example, a character has a times 10 multiplier and later on gets another times 50 multiplier, than the evidence necessary to use both multipliers to get a statistic, is like that of a times 500 multiplier, as the best feat would be increased by a factor of 500 in that case."

I'd suggest not using Issei or Vali for versus threads until his profile is fixed. It's not just a 2x multiplier, what's being suggested is a 1.0995116e+12x multiplier (45 boost). Which would require vastly more evidence to prove it's consistent. Him boosting 45 times isn't proof, we need to see consistent showing across the entire Light Novel.

Assuming Issei is only baseline 5-B, 45 continuous doubling of his power places him at Large Star level. As I said, I'm unaware of if Issei's boost are consistent or not. But I have a strange feeling Issei doesn't have any Large Star level or Tier 4 feats in general that support this.

I don't feel like we should be ignoring site rules just because.

Just to note what they posted doesn't even cover the majority of Issei's fights. That's only a tiny fraction of "evidence". Though, him boosting like that isn't really evidence in of itself. He'd need actual showings along with those statements, with little or no inconsistences at all.

Um, if this was true that means we'd reject the multiplier for being inconsistent. We don't just call it PIS and keep it. Trying to guess Author Intent is a fools errand. We go by what happens in universe, we don't try to guess what the author intents with something. Since at that point, all of our ratings would be in question.

Multipliers of such a high value need extra evidence. "If multiple multipliers are to be stacked, that are used upon each other, the evidence for the end result is equal to the total multiplier applied to the best feat. That means that if, for example, a character has a times 10 multiplier and later on gets another times 50 multiplier, than the evidence necessary to use both multipliers to get a statistic, is like that of a times 500 multiplier, as the best feat would be increased by a factor of 500 in that case."

I'd suggest not using Issei or Vali for versus threads until his profile is fixed. It's not just a 2x multiplier, what's being suggested is a 1.0995116e+12x multiplier (45 boost). Which would require vastly more evidence to prove it's consistent. Him boosting 45 times isn't proof, we need to see consistent showing across the entire Light Novel.

Assuming Issei is only baseline 5-B, 45 continuous doubling of his power places him at Large Star level. As I said, I'm unaware of if Issei's boost are consistent or not. But I have a strange feeling Issei doesn't have any Large Star level or Tier 4 feats in general that support this.

I don't feel like we should be ignoring site rules just because.
You're seriously missing on the series of them 🍈 bro owo

Edit: TBF, my posts were mainly on the evidence of Issei being able to spam his boosts, and also that it WAS said and described to be a 2x boost of his power earlier on until it just stopped being mentioned.

Edit: In fairness though, I do also agree with the sentiment that they're not quite consistent (I even said this on my first comment like a page or two ago IIRC), not to mention that the actual feats/statements of stuff Issei does against people he otherwise actually should be turning into mist doesn't really line up with what the author be saying when describing their destructive/AP feats. It also would make no sense too if you consider that Issei just kept getting transformations after transformations when boosting his power would have been fine. Then again, the transformations do help in boosting his base power too and he can still boost again from there so that probably has reasons for that.

Also, the 5-B IS only a possibly since it's a statement of it being able to destroy the planet, and a lot of the characters including those still naturally higher than him such as the Gods (or some of them), Azazel, and Sirzech's treat it as a big deal...I think.

Really, Issei and even Vali (Link to profile so people here knows WTF I've been bringing up so much) should have just been banned or something if you guys are so stonewalling about this yet never bothered to properly address the issue these guys have. Heck, Vali is in this issue cuz of also how DD works yet he doesn't even have a note. But if no one addreses it, guess I'll take the hammer on this one to the NAILS.

Yeah, I guess this just means we should update the verse little by little.

Guess we can put this thread on hold till then

Me waiting the Verse to be updated to the match finally continue:
giphy.webp

Back