• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Least skilled Anime MCs

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Pretty straightforward, I've seen paragraphs and paragraphs of wank debating the skill of everyone's favorite manga/anime characters, so let's do the opposite!

Now, to prevent you from submitting Light Yagami or some non-combatants like that, the character must be an actual fighter, admittedly that's pretty nebulous so it's gonna be case by case sometimes, but as long as the character gets into enough fights and those fights aren't all unimportant to the story, they'll be fine.

Last edited:
Saitama. He just punches. If Boros was on Saitama's level (depending on what form), he would have clapped him due to superior skill. If Genos was on his level, he would have clapped Saitama due to superior skill. Practically every character in his verse outskills him, he just wins because he's so astronomically out of their league in terms of his physical stats.

It might not count, but Mikado Ryuugamine. He falls under not really being a fighter primarily, but he has involved himself in fights before (and got his ass kicked). Also he has a gun. But aside from that he's just an average teenager, minus being a really smart manipulator (which reminds me that I need to revise the pages for Durarara!!). It's fine if he doesn't count, tho.

Maybe Naofumi from Rising of the Shield Hero? I'm not caught up but he's pretty reliant on Raphtalia and his party members and is only using a shield...

If someone adds Rokudou no Onna-tachi verse, I'd probably add Rokudou. He does eventually learn martial arts but even then he still gets handily beaten by everyone

Saitama. He just punches. If Boros was on Saitama's level (depending on what form), he would have clapped him due to superior skill. If Genos was on his level, he would have clapped Saitama due to superior skill. Practically every character in his verse outskills him, he just wins because he's so astronomically out of their league in terms of his physical stats.
will add
It might not count, but Mikado Ryuugamine. He falls under not really being a fighter primarily, but he has involved himself in fights before (and got his ass kicked). Also he has a gun. But aside from that he's just an average teenager, minus being a really smart manipulator (which reminds me that I need to revise the pages for Durarara!!). It's fine if he doesn't count, tho.
prrrobably not
Johnny Joestar, he is a wheelchair user. obviously he is not skilled in hand-to-hand combat
skill in the spin qualifies i think as long as it's combat-related

Ehh, Saitama is not an incompetent fighter. While he is not some martial arts genius like Bang, Garou, or Bomb, he is just relatively skilled in his own right. He is capable of developing relatively simple but effective close-quarters techniques on the spot, like with Speed-o'-Sound Sonic and his Serious Side-Steps, and he has proven himself to be rather creative in other unorthodox fields like creating a water jet out of lava during his battle with Orochi in order to overpower his energy blast. And, if his dream battle with the Subterraneans is any indication of anything, he is fully capable of extremely acrobatic and skillful combative maneuvers. He just defeats everyone in one punch, so he does not have the opportunity to do much.

Ehh, Saitama is not an incompetent fighter. While he is not some martial arts genius like Bang, Garou, or Bomb, he is just relatively skilled in his own right. He is capable of developing relatively simple but effective close-quarters techniques on the spot, like with Speed-o'-Sound Sonic and his Serious Side-Steps, and he has proven himself to be rather creative in other unorthodox fields like creating a water jet out of lava during his battle with Orochi in order to overpower his energy blast. And, if his dream battle with the Subterraneans is any indication of anything, he is fully capable of extremely acrobatic and skillful combative maneuvers. He just defeats everyone in one punch, so he does not have the opportunity to do much.
Eh, Serious Side Steps is just him abusing his stats and so is the Serious Squirt, I don't think they'd work on someone comparable. I'm iffy on using a dream but either way Saitama does have his own skill, he's beaten a lot of monsters back when he wasn't this strong, I just don't think it's too impressive compared to your average manga.

Back