• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Least Favourite Character in your Favourite Verse

GyroNutz said:
btw @Azzy just because a character is meant to be trash doesn't make them any less than trash. Tanktop Tiger of all people can beat that fodder with one arm; Mumen Rider has no right being C Class rank 1 and definitely has no right having the amount of screen time he did.

Also that one girl who almost got spat on with acid did more than Mumen Rider in all his screen-time for the plot
Yeah dawg, he's such an asshole. Remember when he threw himself against a guy he couldn't possibly beat, risking his own life just to buy a bunch of civilians more time? Civilians who wouldn't have managed to make it until Saitama arrived if Mumen Rider hadn't acted as a distraction and nearly died for it?

t o t a l l y u s e l e s s

>almost dying to save other people somehow isn't considered useful

You're aware most of the heroes don't...want people to be constantly murdered on a massive scale, right?

yeah I suddenly had 34 notifications come through all at once

must be a glitch.

also pretty sure none of those guys were useful by almost dying in the same way, they almost died by over-exerting themselves.

whereas Mumen Rider did something that anyone else could have done. it worked out in the end, but in any other situation where Saitama didn't come/came too late/came sooner, he'd be completely useless.

Mumen Rider didn't do anything - a deus-ex machina did

well, she is dead, so why bring her up?

It doesn't matter who did it, just that someone did it, obviously you are not getting the point of the story.

Is not about having power, is about humanizing, it doesnt matter having power if you are not yourself anymore.

GyroNutz said:
whereas Mumen Rider did something that anyone else could have done. it worked out in the end, but in any other situation where Saitama didn't come/came too late/came sooner, he'd be completely useless.
That's the entire point. He did something that anyone could have done, but nobody else did.

Someone who runs into a burning building and saves a child isn't unimpressive because "Meh, anyone could have gone into that building". The act itself and willingness to do so are what make someone a hero.

That's kind of the entire point of him being in OPM. So many pro heroes are egotistical assholes who are only "heroes" because they like killing shit and just decide to do it to monsters instead of other people. Their superpowers don't make them any more heroic.

The reason Saitama befriends Mumen Rider as opposed to any of the others is because more than anyone else, he's a hero to actually help people, not for the glory of it.

They beat you over the head with this idea in that entire scene where he confronts the Sea King.

>Over-exertion

Yusuke dies by getting hit by a car, pushing a kid out of the way of said car. It's revealed by the grim reaper that the kid he saved would've been LESS injured if Yusuke didn't interfere.

This happens in the first 30 seconds of the show and kickstarts the entire plot.

Fun fact, Yusuke also dies again, this time by getting beat to death by this asshole.

I'll do the verses on my page, except note that I'm mostly using actual characters. Dark souls dogs are safe.

Dark Souls: Wolnir. Underwhelming boss battle, and his lore didn't really go anywhere unlike nearly everybody else, and just makes him seem like a moron as opposed to the conqueror he was.

Magic: The Gathering: Probably Nahiri. She first gets herself sealed because she gets pissed off enough at the magical equivalent of a dropped call to attack Sorin and Avacyn, even though Sorin explained to her what happened to her message. Note that the message was about the Eldrazi wrecking a plane. When she gets un-sealed, she summons Emrakul itself to Innistrad out of spite, then goes and ***** over Sorin. Quite a far descent from the Eldrazi stopping hero she once was, and not as good a villain as others like Bolas and Yawgmoth imo.

Bloodborne: Celestial Emissary. Bad boss fight, though the lore behind it's pretty decent.

Berserk (Verse): Mozgus personally. His using of religion to excuse all his atrocities is despicable to me, and this is before factoring in my personal thoughts about religion as a concept, which I'm not getting in to here for obvious reasons. I can appreciate Griffith as a villainous figure, and while his motivations to do what he did aren't excusable, they're understandable.

Cthulhu Mythos: H.P. Lovecraft as a person was insanely racist, even for his time, compounded upon by his seemingly hypocritical classist nature. You can even see some rather racist stuff in some of his works (See the cat's name in The Rat in the Walls). His stories are good, not so much him as a person.

Darkest Dungeo: Abusive heroes. Not only is it arguably the worst affliction to deal with, but as someone who works with kids and sees the same sort of stuff going on you just want to slap your characters who don't seem to realize that berating heroes for poor performance only leads to worse performance which leads to a downward spiral of stress and accuracy penalty.

Destiny: The player character, for ruining a happy father-son relationship Probably the speaker, who exiled Osiris for being too popular while later realizing that he was right about all his predictions, and seeming vague and sketchy enough that from D1 I was expecting a twist that the traveler wasn't really something that we as humans would consider good.

Warhammer 40,000: Honestly, not really sure. Kaldor Draigo got some bad canon wank when he was written by Matt Ward, but I like the explanation of all those absurd feats as basically being the Chaos God's messing with him, only to yank success away at the last moment ad infinitium. It makes sense, and kinda plays into that cosmic horror aspect, though it would be better for that sort of stuff to have never happened in the first place so an otherwise interesting chapter idea wouldn't be spoiled for so many. With how many writers and how much material is out there, who I dislike depends on who's writing them. Out of the main races though, I like Tyranids and Tau the least, though that's not to say they're bad.

Salt and Sanctuary: Carsejaw the Cruel, both for his actions and underwhelming boss fight. His sword's amazing though.

Hotline Miami: Not sure. I like Manny Pardo as a character, though his character itself is reprehensible.

Hollow Knight (Verse): Tiso. He's a dick to the PC for no real reason, claiming to be some big shot who's ready to end your life once both of you get to the Colosseum of Fools. I encountered him later than most people did, so his dismissal of the PC after what I'd done seemed really stupid. You don't even fight him, as he unceremoniously dies offscreen in the colosseum. You find his corpse on a cliff, dumped with hundreds of others into the acid pits below as a disposal system. I found that after completing the hardest tier of CoF, so as in a way the new king of fools it was pretty satisfying standing over this dude's permadead corpse when just a little while ago he dismissed you as a mere ant. His last thoughts are kinda sad though, in a way. Not really sure why I didn't dislike Zote enough for this spot, but eh.

Super Smash Bros.: My brother, because I straight up can't beat his Marth on half my main characters and he pauses too often.

The Legend of Zelda: As of now, probably Zant. I'm not super deep into this series yet though.

DOOM: Environmental hazards, as they've ruined more Ultra Nightmare runs for me than actual enemies did.

Wow that was a wall of text.

Note: I'm gonna answer this question as "who pissed me off in-story" and not "who is poorly written/developed" as I do 'like' these characters in a diff sense, think they are well written, and appreciate the role(s) they play in their respective stories/verses

07th: Teppei... Also the Ushiromiya family members all have their faults but Rosa was the most viscerally disturbing and the least redeemed.

ASOIAF: Joffrey Waters Baratheon, Roose Bolton. Janos Slynt is just utterly contemptible and has virtually no redeeming qualities. Randyll Tarly definitely has more redeeming qualities than the aforementioned characters but his worst sin is unforgivable in my eyes

Yugioh: Crow (I legit don't like Crow at all, this is the exception to my note above)

Dragon Ball: Cell Saga Vegeta (again, I like the character but damn he was annoying here)

Buffy/Angel: hmmm...dear god, it has to be Wesley

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
GyroNutz said:
That's the entire point. He did something that anyone could have done, but nobody else did.
Literally 5 other heroes did that beforehand, what anime are you watching/manga are you reading/webcomic are you squinting at?

Also I don't really like being beaten around the head with bad character-development and forced heroism. Could our lord and saviour Mumen Rider take those beatings for me?

@yobo

It does to a certain degree and that's likely why its so easily accepted without real evidence. His duel with bomber definitely swung the door open for him being an antagonist but there's p much nothing before or after that besides him having a criminal record which was via playing a Robin Hood-like role for the benefit of impoverished foster children. There's also his earlier questionable Team Satisfaction gang duels but Yusei, Jack, and obv Kiryu all seemed to be worse than Crow in that department.

EDIT: here's a good video on the subject

Someone who runs into a burning building and saves a child isn't unimpressive because "Meh, anyone could have gone into that building". The act itself and willingness to do so are what make someone a hero.

That's kind of the entire point of him being in OPM. So many pro heroes are egotistical assholes who are only "heroes" because they like killing shit and just decide to do it to monsters instead of other people. Their superpowers don't make them any more heroic.

The reason Saitama befriends Mumen Rider as opposed to any of the others is because more than anyone else, he's a hero to actually help people, not for the glory of it.

They beat you over the head with this idea in that entire scene where he confronts the Sea King.

That was beautiful, Azathot

tfw you post a wall of text but it's ignored because anime

One Piece: Foxy. There was nothing relevant he did for world-building. Only sign was Luffy being scared of Hancock's Love-Love Beam. Also, I hope Blackbeard and Luffy do a Davy Back Fight because otherwise, he is irrevalant and I haven't seen another Davy Back Fight since.

SCP-682 from SCP Foundation, because in the words of a fellow Redditor:

"To me, it seems poorly constructed and bland. "I'm a big bad monster and I hate everything!" Is essentially what it is. When you compare it to more creative scp, it just falls flat.

Then there's its abilities. It can adapt to anything, God (scp-343) doesn't acknowledge it and it's basically invinvible! That seems like something a 12 year old would make in ******* math class. It's even resistant to mild reality warping, seems like Mary sue to me. The fact that it can talk also salts my apples. It just doesn't fit with the rest of its design, being an unstoppable, hyper intelligent beast, it would bring more impact if it was silent and showed instead of telling.

The post itself is quite good, but the overall construction of scp-682 just seems quite sloppy. It seems like stuff just kept being tacted on to make it be stronger. It's like a playground argument: "My guy is stronger than yours! He can reality warp!" "Nuh-uh! My guy is resistant to reality warping!" "My guy's power ignores resistances!" And of course, it keeps escalating until everyone gets bored or you reach the point of no return."

I'll be real here, 682 jumped the shark when he/it was sent to the moon and hit with a gajillion or so ******* nukes.

Only to grow to large-planetary size and then devour most of the galaxy.

In a simulation.

That ended with a message to the effect of "But for realz, don't mess with the ******* gecko. :mad:"

The creature went from menacing to utterly laughable the moment that Termination Log was posted.

U head the man, don't mess with the ******' gecko.

If i were to choose a character, I'd say Davros. Davros is basically evil for the sake of being evil. In Genesis of the Daleks he admitted that he only made the Daleks kill or dominate everything because he essentially because everyone else was a threat to their existence. And, when questioned with having control of a virus capable of exterminating the universe, he admitted to liking that idea sheerly because he'd like to have that much power.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
I'll be real here, 682 jumped the shark when he/it was sent to the moon and hit with a gajillion or so ******* nukes.
Only to grow to large-planetary size and then devour most of the galaxy. In a simulation.
Let's not forget the time 682 was thrown to the sun...

but then it came back to Earth perfectly fine, and it had wings on its body for no reason at all. Like, what? Did the thing stop at a local 7/11 store so he could drink some ******* Red Bull?

Pokémon: Probably Lysandre or everyone in Kalos, basically. ovo Not, but really, Lysandre was just annoying.

Star Wars: Vitiate. Not even gonna explain why, I just hate the character with passion.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Ganon. After seeing the amazing character that was Ganon in WW, I felt particularly hurted when I saw TP!Ganon. He was so bland and generic to me. After the presence he commanded, his expanded backstory, his awesome role in the story, his motivations and that beautiful final fight... It was quite the downgrade when TP came around. (Although fighting on horse was cool as heck)

Samurai Jack: I genuinely can't think of a character I hate in this show. So imma just say Aku, lol. Of course, I hate him in a fun kind of way. I don't think I need to explain more, really.

Courage the Cowardly Dog: The dog breeder. I don't usually like to curse, but **** that guy.

Back