• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Least Favorite Character for Every Tier

oh and let's not forget these folks

3-A/Low 2-C: Caulifia and Kefla (i take my opinions back) and also Jiren. (at least the anime version)

Can't believe no one else has brought this one up...

Broly for 4-A. Terrible motivations, weak backstory, full of plot holes; personality wise, he barely counts as a character. He's more like a rock with a power level.

Starryknight200 said:
Can someone explain to me who Pre-Retcon Beyonder is and why he's so disliked?
The Beyonder (Pre-Retcon) is a cosmic entity from and infinite-dimensional multiverse outside of the Marvel Multiverse called the Beyond-realm. The Beyonder is vastly stronger than every being the Marvel Multiverse (the Marvel Multiverse was considered a drop in the sea compared to the Beyond-realm, and he was described as being millions of times more powerful then everything in the Marvel Multiverse combined).

The Beyonder first became aware of the Marvel Multiverse when Owen Reece, the Molecule Man, gained his powers from a lab accident (wow, what a shocker) that was so immense that it pierced through the Marvel Multiverse into the Beyond-realm (The Beyonder was unaware of Marvel's existence originally because it is so small in comparison). Creating a pinhole through which The Beyonder peered through. After observing for a while, The Beyonder decided to create an experiment of sorts in this new world. And then The Beyonder became solely responsible for the events known as the Secret Wars. The Secret Wars is when The Beyonder forcefully teleported numerous heroes and villains from Earth to fight each other on a planet he created known as Battleworld. The Beyonder decided to test which was stronger, good or evil, and he offered to grant any desire for the winners.

Later, after the events of the Secret Wars, The Beyonder goes to Earth and interacts with many heroes, villains, and cosmic beings to better understand human emotions and concepts like desire.

That's the basics when concerning The Beyonder. A cosmic being trying his damn best to understand the concepts of us humans.

As for why he's hated; I'm actually not sure why specifically. I like The Beyonder because he's such a troll. He'll go around beating the shit out of everyone casually, kinda reminds me of Aizen from Bleach in that regard.

Yeah, I find the Beyonder's concept as a character really intriguing. I like him.

@Dark

That sucks. If I had a teacher like her, I wouldn't know what to do, but I'm sure it wouldn't be pretty...

This is actually hard. I tend to like, to different degrees and for different reasons, all characters that I meet. Even the nastiest ones I tend to like since they make good villains. The ones that I don't like that I remember rn were deliberately designed to be hate sinks, like Umbridge, Joffrey and the likes. I usually tend to forget about truly bad characters. I guess characters from shoujo manga in general tend to disappoint me.

Btw, why do people say that Kirito is such a blank character? I started watching SAO (Juuust started, like, I'm in the first anime episode), and thus far, he seems to be a nice guy, with potential to grow.

EliminatorVenom said:
Btw, why do people say that Kirito is such a blank character? I started watching SAO (Juuust started, like, I'm in the first anime episode), and thus far, he seems to be a nice guy, with potential to grow.
He actually kind of regresses in characterization in episode 2 onward.

I got 1-A for Hajun.

5-A is Yukari but only in terms of her getting hyped up/wanked and in vs debates. Although I got plans for a fanfic later as a good one. (Wink).

0: Law of Identity by far (Don't even try to tell me her writing is equal to Azzy, UF, TOAA, or any of the other ones. It's not.)

High 1-A: Elder God Demonbane by far

1-A: ...Tenma Yato or Demonbane. Leaning toward Demonbane. Although stopping time in an outerverse is just...silly.

High 1-B: Pre-Retcon Beyonder, fra, fra fra!

1-B: Probably a poorly written SCP character

Low 1-B: Lord English...?

I need to think about the rest.

I dont like Ryuko at all....

Let me sum it up in simple terms

.....Overrated Regen......That's about it

Oh and some other stuff but another notable reason is my encounter with any ryuko supporter is very unsavory.

Oh and i hate any character above tier 2.

Reason being they are powerful but boring af,Why does anybody even bother debating about characters on that tier anyway lol waste of time

Dont get me started with tier 0.....Why would anyone like a character they cant even use in vs debates? makes no sense to me

In short,i hate Anybody Omnipotent and Nigh-Omnipotent simply cause i feel like their abundance in power is just boring.

Tier 5,6 and 7 is where its at.

Homu Sweet Homu said:
High 6-B is Acnologia. Words alone cannot described at how disappointing this final "villain" is.
He sounds like the Kaguya/Yhwach of Fairy Tail.

Is this a trend with anime or something? Where all the final villains suck?

I feel like these tier lists are too general.

Like, what are some guidelines? What defines what makes a character bad?

I personally have four set criteria for a character:

1. Design

2. Personality

3. Objectives

4. Abilities

If all these criteria are, in my opinion, total shit for some character, then they are a bad character.

And I got a High 1-B character who is worse than Pre-Retcon Beyonder.

Thought Robot:

Design: Literally just a robotic Superman

Personality: The good guy, protector of the innocent

Objectives: Beat the bad guy and save the world

Abilities: While his adaptability and plot manipulation are cool, all of his cool abilities take a back seat to basically just punches and uses heat vision.

Js250476 said:
I do like Thought Robot as a concept tbh about being the embodiment to Superman's Story iirc
I do like Grant Morrison's Meta-fictional writing concepts, but the character of Thought Robot sucks in my opinion.

On the topic of Thought Robot.

He's actually a far deeper character than he initially appears. From what I gathered, he's doesn't just represent the story of Superman; he represents comic books in general prior to the metamorphosis that overtook them in the late '80s to present day. He's effectively "comics before they got all dark" while Mandrakk is effectively "the darkness in modern-day comics", and the two of them fighting symbolizes a struggle to remove that overall darkness.

Granted, as an actual character and personality, he was "watching paint dry" levels of boring. I'll give you that. But the writing and concept surrounding him prevents me from considering him the worst thing out there.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Like I said, I like the concept for his character, but I don't like the character, and his character is what would make me choose him as the my least favorite High 1-B.

Back