• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends Speed Scaling Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
By now I do feel like we should have already had a rough idea on who scales to whom. It doesn't even matter if it's terrible, as that is still something substantial to discuss

For someone who constantly attacks people for not having every feat under the sun calced you sure arent willing to wait for every feat to be calced

Can we not go back to this again

Maybe I should follow through on my threat to close the thread

A scaling chain isn't completely reliant on feats. It just indicates who should scale to whom and why. The calculations can come later, this is different from that.

And so far, all that you've said regarding the scaling hasn't been much, apart from a few lines from the profiles and reassurances that you are working on a new scaling. This is hardly as meaningful as say Assalt saying he'll calc something, do so, and post it for people to evaluate.

So youre willingly choosing to ignore the fact that the entire scaling chain is made or broken by Assalt's calcs and cannot be done without them?

Does one need a calc to show how no one scales to Skaarl? Orhow Lucian and Thresh scale to each other? Or how Zed can keep up with Xayah and Rakan?

The above simply rely on feats and logical reasoning. It can easily be done without needing to wait for calcs, like Assalt has partly done on your blog.

Its actually genuinely funny how youre going against calcs being done given your previous arguments lol

WeeklyBattles said:
Its actually genuinely funny how youre going against calcs being done given your previous arguments lol
I didn't say anything like that. Just that you don't need to wait for it. Assalt was already pointing out hints of the scaling in his posts before making his calcs, and I can't see why we can't expect the same from you.

Regis, stop with the Ad Hominem. Honestly, your passive aggressiveness has made everyone tune the **** out. And trust me, I mean everyone. Look at how many people commented at first compared to now. It is a ******* miracle people have the patience to deal with your fallacies. Weekly, what is the scaling chain as it stands right now? Jesus christ man. This thread has been delayed long enough with the two of you pointing at eachother. Hypersonic is still fine. Nothing said above by Regis has really debunked it. And Weekly, fair warning. From the outside, you are appearing very finicky. Go take a few breathes, it is not helping your reasoning.

You two, for the sake of eachother and for this thread. And I am saying this as your friend. Shut up or Ill summon Chewbacca to close this thread and neither of you will get anything done.

So people unwilling to post stuff is perfectly tolerable but repeatedly asking for said stuff isn't? This isn't a new habit, and annoyed reactions to it have been there for a while. I'm not sure why this is your hill to die on when even staff get annoyed by people refusing to back up their claims.

Also, how is universal Hypersonic+ characters still supported? Given that not everyone scales to each feat and how the previous reasonings have been shown to be flawed as per the OP.

I finished my evaluations of the feats. I do want to see the scaling chain, as that determines how we move forward.

Considering the plethora or Subsonic feats, I think that's our absolutely baseline even for people who don't have scaling (if you aren't subsonic in League you're a nobody, basically).

As for universal Hypersonic, I question this still and want to see the scaling chain. Xayah and Rakan can have a wide spread of scaling that will give us a good ground to start with.

Actually I messed up, I sort of forgot we were debating Hypersonic and not Hypersonic+, I am drunk and high. I blame you two oof. Yeah, I wanna see a scaling chain too.

SchroKatze said:
Just characters to characters who hey are able to scale via the lore. No game bullshittery.
To be fair that is what Regis has been asking about for several weeks now. I frankly have no idea how most of the cast is supposed to scale to one another at all given a majority have never met one another and most of the cinematics aren't canon. This rings especially true when most of the champions in said cinematics have had major retcons since they were featured in them.

RegisNex1232 said:
Okay, this thread has been waiting for your reasons why everyone should scale for quite a while now. Until we see them no one is inclined to believe that you are saying anything meaningful.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Regis You repeating an insult a second time reeeeeally isnt helping your case
Says the person who has been repeating themselves the whole thread while not posting a scaling chain. I've asked for it, along with Assalt, Sins, Matthew, Friendly and Schro.

@Schro Yes really actually, almost everyone excluding the top and god tiers who are explicitly much, much faster and like five champions who are severely outdated lore-wise scale to each other in some way

Where is the reasoning? How are we supposed to accept this without reading and understanding your reasoning?

WeeklyBattles said:
@Schro Yes really actually, almost everyone excluding the top and god tiers who are explicitly much, much faster and like five champions who are severely outdated lore-wise scale to each other in some way
I mean- no?

Warwick nowadays scales to nobody at all for example. And he's modern- not outdated. Or if he is outdated then there is absolutely more than 5 champions that are more than outdated.

He runs around mauling thugs to death in Zaun. Thugs that I will remind the court were apparently somewhat able to outrun him judging by his cinematic . He couldn't just hypersonic blitz them but had to have drawn-out chase and one of them nearly got away anyways.

@Friendly Warwick scales to Singed

He's not hypersonic in movement speed, only reactions and combat speed, though i'd like to point out that in his video Warwick takes the long way around and still manages to outspeed the two guys in the video

Warwick doesnt scale to Singed. They didn't atack each other, Singed just used Warwick as a test subject.

For a brief instant, through close contact struggling, before dying. Hardly anything Hypersonic or representative of more than a simple blitz.

"An instant later, he was tearing into my face, reopening the old wounds and feeding the old rage. We struggled briefly until he finally grew limp and collapsed. A single word escaped his throat. And then all the indicators of life faded, and the body finally settled. No heartbeat detected. Applied several drops of caustic solution to his left arm, and received no response. Subject deceased. Dragged the body outside, and disposed of the remains in the Sump. Once again, scientific progress is stifled by lesser creatures. The only consolation is that even failure adds to the vast reservoir of knowledge."

SchroKatze said:
The last time I've read WW lore was when he got reworked. My bad. Buuut... Who Singed scales to?
This was from Singed's new lore to hype up WW rework. Singed by himself scales to ?? It's not known.

^That's kinda what I meant. Most champions have become much more self-contained in lore. Localized to their area and whatever nearby champions may interact with them.

Also fairly sure a surprise attack can't be a blitz. To blitz requires (or should at least) the person know in advance they're being attacked. Your reaction time is not a constant thing. At rest your reaction time is very different compared to in the middle of battle with your blood pumping.

Being surprised and unable to react is not the same as someone in the middle of a fight punching so quickly you cannot do anything about it.

Hate to burst your guys' bubble but even the characters who dont scale to anyone are getting Subsonic with Hypersonic Reactions and Combat Speed as a bare minimum as per Assalt's proposal

Again, that is yet to be decided when you haven't shown the thread why and people are still not convinced. It's very difficult to convince people looking for evidence and reasoning without said evidence and reasoning. Until you are willing to post them, I'd recommend not wasting up your posts.

WeeklyBattles said:
You are the only one who has refused to accept it, eveyone else has
Hardly anyone else has, going by the repeated questions for your scaling chain, which you have repeatedly avoided posting despite supposedly having the time to say unsupported stuff. Again, no need to waste more posts when we can wait for your next post to have the scaling chain.

For starts Weekly, Xayah and Rakan don't get to be scaled to all champions because their species is pointed out to be fundamentally different from most other champions in that they are much more magical. Magic being compared to literal blood in their case as it's that essential in their make-up compared to normal humans. Meaning no scaling to anyone not Vastayan or who hasn't fought them.

For another, sorry Assalt but Rakan used literal magic to throw those guys up into the air, you don't get to use traditional falling values for that. We even see Rakan continuing to glow as he's hanging there with the others. That's magic at work- not gravity. We see his 'normal' moves throwing people around plenty in that trailer- the giant wave of light is not a standard hit.

Lastly, that comes across a bit like cherrypicking given the rest of the cinematic absolutely does not show hypersonic speeds for the feathers or the characters. We're treated to numerous shots of the feathers in-flight moving in real-time in relation to the ninja and even another slow-mo shot right at the end where Rakan and Zed are both trying to get to Xayah and moving only a bit faster than the falling debris.

@Weekly

I said that I'd be fine so long as the scaling chain is there.

Subsonic is the only thing I propose being universal.

@Friendly

I agree that the Vastayah don't scale to everyone.

But you seem to have a fundamental misconception with the calc. Did Rakan use magic to toss them into the air? Absolutely. Did Rakan use magic to hover around and bring himself down, probably. Does he hold them in the air with his magic? No.

The yellow glow around the assassins isn't present when I start calcing their movement. In fact, after the feather volley is thrown, there is no yellow outside of Rakan, and the man is literally always glowing.

The other shots not moving in absurd speed are not a counter to the slow-mo shot; they clearly wanted to show their speed, but without a slow-mo they would just be blurs. So they decided to still tell a coherent and follow-able story while displaying their abilities.

As for the falling debris, the debris isn't just falling, it is being propelled by an explosion of magical power. Of course such an explosion isn't quantifiable, but the fact that the debris is propelled counters using that last slow-mo as an anti-feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back