• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends Discussion Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also nothing to say otherwise (that they still have their old abilities in lore) as Riot hasn't given us lore that shows us using them. Eitherway, the old abilities are gone and aren't coming back, so I don't see the need to keep them on our profiles considering that it is inaccurate information that we don't need on our profiles.

RegisNex1232 said:
There's also nothing to say otherwise (that they still have their old abilities in lore) as Riot hasn't given us lore that shows us using them. Eitherway, the old abilities are gone and aren't coming back, so I don't see the need to keep them on our profiles considering that it is inaccurate information that we don't need on our profiles.
then like the other person said seperate them into 2 keys.

What's the point? The old abilities aren't relevant anymore, so why keep them on the profile which is meant to be filled with up-to-date information?

RegisNex1232 said:
What's the point? The old abilities aren't relevant anymore, so why keep them on the profile which is meant to be filled with up-to-date information?
It is meant to be filled with information about characters, it is an idexing site first and foremost, nothing about it says that you can not have old info.

But when the old info is out of date and no longer in use, I fail to see the point of keeping it there. It's like keeping the item build guide we used to have for each profile, something which is completely useless and is gameplay alone, not worth the mention in the profile.

RegisNex1232 said:
But when the old info is out of date and no longer in use, I fail to see the point of keeping it there. It's like keeping the item build guide we used to have for each profile, something which is completely useless and is gameplay alone, not worth the mention in the profile.
That is why you keep as a seperate key. On the point of them not having abilities in lore, in the old lore Talon was shown to disappear from site and them appear right behind a summoner, so he definitely has the ability to blink past people. Also kassadin still has the silencing joke.

Rocker1189 said:
That is why you keep as a seperate key. On the point of them not having abilities in lore, in the old lore Talon was shown to disappear from site and them appear right behind a summoner, so he definitely has the ability to blink past people. Also kassadin still has the silencing joke.
The summoners aren't a part of the game's lore anymore, and we've already removed stuff relating to them from the champions' profiles, so why are you insisting on this specific thing (in Kassadin's case, it's a literal joke?) being included?

RegisNex1232 said:
The summoners aren't a part of the game's lore anymore, and we've already removed stuff relating to them from the champions' profiles, so why are you insisting on this specific thing (in Kassadin's case, it's a literal joke?) being included?
On what specific thing, I am talking about champions with simple gameplay updates to balance them using a couple of examples.

Yeah, I'm referring to that specific thing you're talking about, since it's why we're having this conversation. Considering that we didn't do what you proposed for LeBlanc, Rengar, Xin, Katarina, etc, not to mention the reworks, why should we do this for Kassadin and Talon specifically? Especially if you're trying to justify it with such flimsy evidence (non-canon lore and a joke line)?

RegisNex1232 said:
Yeah, I'm referring to that specific thing you're talking about, since it's why we're having this conversation. Considering that we didn't do what you proposed for LeBlanc, Rengar, Xin, Katarina, etc, not to mention the reworks, why should we do this for Kassadin and Talon specifically? Especially if you're trying to justify it with such flimsy evidence (non-canon lore and a joke line)?
Those were just examples I picked out, nothing more or less. Amd I dont know what you mean by flimsy evidence it is a fact that the abilities are based off of gameplay.

The fact is that the old abilities are most of the time gone, with only a few exceptions having returned (like Rengar's Q, Kog'Maw's abilities) and so there's no need to keep a list of old abilities that got removed/changed in the profiles as they don't matter anymore, both ingame and lorewise. If you want a list of the old abilities, go to the LoL wiki.

RegisNex1232 said:
The fact is that the old abilities are most of the time gone, with only a few exceptions having returned (like Rengar's Q, Kog'Maw's abilities) and so there's no need to keep a list of old abilities that got removed/changed in the profiles as they don't matter anymore, both ingame and lorewise. If you want a list of the old abilities, go to the LoL wiki.
I still dont see anything wrong with keepin gold abilities on the profiles.

Why? We haven't done this before, so why start now? There has to be a good reason, right? I don't think we make changes based on people's whims on this wiki and Rocker hasn't said anything meaningful to support his argument.

But they aren't on the profiles at all now, so why add them. And please don't keep saying 'Why not?'. It's annoying and lets you dodge the question of 'Why?' that I've been asking in the first place.

Okay so one thing I have to say after watching some videos on reworked Swain is....10/10 would smash Bilgewater Swain. Which is luckily the skin I already have~

Are there more of them Origins videos? That Annie video looks amazing, and she sounds like Lily Pichu which is a bonus.

Can people actually wait until the final versions of various base/skin splash arts come out before changing them? Riot does tend to make changes to them before officially releasing them.

So i was wondering, should Demacian champs like Garen and Jarvan have magic null due to wearing armor made of Demacian steel, which as shown by Mord's lore, can nullify 7-C magic?

Garen's sword is made of DS. Thats why he has a silence.

Galio is made of preticite, one of the materials used to create DS, and he can null and absorb magic.

So... Yeah, all Demacians should have magic nullification and resistance.

Even in his lore Garen is stated to have anti-magic armor, basically any champ who wears or wields Demacian Steel would have magic null

This also means Nocturne >>> Mordekaiser

So lets see...

This would not apply to characters who are innately magic, like Sona, Lux, Shyvana, or Poppy (Poppy is also pre-Petricite/DS so she likely wouldnt have it even if it did apply to her). It also wouldnt apply to Quinn, who views armor as stupid and unnecessary weight and glamor, Vayne, who explicitly uses silver, not DS or Petricite, and Lucian, whose guns are in fact magic-based.

Im unsure if it would apply to Fiora, who uses Bluesteel instead of Demacian Steel...

So basically this just applies to Garen, Jarvan, and Xin Zhao (Whose armor is basically identical to Garen's in design, just altered to allow more mobility)

Can we also appreciate that the Demacian military has giant eagles as mounts?

One thing warwick in his lunar revel skin is shown to grab some kind of a planetoid and Nasus is towering over what seems to be a mountain(Atleast to me) and size could be calced as trees can be seen on the planetoid/mountains so we could make a new key for WW/Nasus/Lux(As she is stronger than them)

Edit:Havent made a blog yet but will do later on anyway i made a rough calc using some averages and pixel scaling and it turns out Warwick is 13472.64 meters tall

calc will probably be a bit lower considering i used a very high average height of a tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back