• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends Discussion Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Regis

You're absolutely right, but as I said before, I'm not all that invested in League anymore since I got tired of screaming at players when they screamed at me.

Honestly I don't think this new Swain will be good. His kit is really weird. It is half long range, half short range burst, with a sustained damage ultimate. Seems like a monster if left untouched in fights, but I don't see anyone with a decent mobility tool ever dying to him.

He'll probably be best Top, like Vlad.

If I may ask a quick question really fast, is it considered proper practice, now, to remove old powers demonstrated in the pre-Reboot lore from character profiles following big reworks like this? I know we generally don't use feats from the old written lore, at least, since the majority of it directly contradicts with the new stuff, but I'm not sure if this is treated the same...

He has returned to us!!! The original creator of the LoL pages!!!

Hai Perp ^-^

We actually do keep old abilities, its just that most of the time a lot of the old abilities just get reworked themselves

Ahaha, it's not that big of a deal. I just made a Swain page way back in the day because that was my main (before Ekko came out, anyways.)

...and then Riot retconned nearly all of his feats. I cri ;-;

It's probably prevalent around now because be gained and lost a few abilities on his page with this newest rework, and with the "official" lore reboot for his character, now. Figured I would see what the policy was now that that's changed...

Shurima, absolutely. Especially if Xerath is in the fight. He just flexes his power and everyone not near his level dies.

I meant like pre-fall Shurima, the armies as well not just the champions. Like, one army lead by Nasus like in his lore and the other by Swain

Ahh, OK. Probably Noxus, then, if the demigods can't participate at all. Noxus will be as down and dirty as possible, and they are probably similar in numbers.

I feel like Swain being a human that managed to tame and bind a demon is a lot more in keeping with his characterization than just up and saying "he's a demon himself", now. Maybe that's just me.

Is he a full demon now? I thought he was just a hastayan hybrid who made a contract with one?

Ye, except it kills them instead of makes them dance

Hey, he didnt have a drum so he had to make one

@Weekly

I forgot how much I hate that video lol. Aside from Mordekaiser looking epic it just looks bad and the song is... not my style.

Swain isn't a Vastayan hybrid at all, though he hints to Rakan that he's killed Vastayas before in his taunt to him. He's just a human who got injured by Irelia, made a pact with a demon and managed to bind it to his will. Tyrant Swain is when the demon takes over Swain.

I suggest that we create two keys. Pre-Remake and Post-Remake (Rework is just changing the skills, remake is changing anything.)

I personally think old abilities should be kept, unless lore is changed drastically, like swains. For example Kassadin should dtill have a silence, Talon still have a blink and so on.

Rocker1189 said:
I personally think old abilities should be kept, unless lore is changed drastically, like swains. For example Kassadin should dtill have a silence, Talon still have a blink and so on.
No way, unless stated otherwise, their updated abilities are the only ones they have, so get rid of the old abilities when you can.

But why? If they have the same abilities as before but only changed for gameplay balancing, that has nothing to do with lore in lore they still have the same abilities and power. Prime example being Kassadin's silence. It was removed because it was too op in game, not because he lost an ability in lore

Oh, did not notice lol. But someone like Talon should have kept his blink and silence somewhere, I dont know why he lost them.

Considering that Riot hasn't shown us anything supporting your statement, I don't see why we should keep the old abilities. We've done this for Katarina, Xin Zhao, Malzahar, etc.

RegisNex1232 said:
Considering that Riot hasn't shown us anything supporting your statement, I don't see why we should keep the old abilities. We've done this for Katarina, Xin Zhao, Malzahar, etc.
....I dont know what you mean to support my statement. They are still the same characters being changed for balanced purposes, unless if they got a complete lore rework it makes sense that they should hve their old abilities in lore. What I mean are specific abilities, not attack speed increase or anything. Malzahar did not lose anything from his old self neither did xin zhao nor did Katarina. But kassadin lost a silence (still has the silencing mother joke) and so did talon (who also lost his blink) and so did leblanc. All for balancing changes not lore changes. Unless you can prove to me that they were changed mainly for lore.

Xin got his abilities changed (with 2 being replaced) and Katarina got her dagger minigame. While the champions you're talking about haven't gotten lore that shows off their abilities like say Ezreal's short story does, there's no reason to assume that they'll still keep their old abilities in lore unless Riot decides to revert them. I don't really see why we need to keep them in the first place since the champions don't have them anymore in game and presumably in lore as well.

RegisNex1232 said:
Xin got his abilities changed (with 2 being replaced) and Katarina got her dagger minigame. While the champions you're talking about haven't gotten lore that shows off their abilities like say Ezreal's short story does, there's no reason to assume that they'll still keep their old abilities in lore unless Riot decides to revert them. I don't really see why we need to keep them in the first place since the champions don't have them anymore in game and presumably in lore as well.
xin got one new ability and had his ult pretty much upgraded. With other abilities being swapped around. Simmilar thing woth Katarina. There is noting to say they dont have them in lore at all. (In fact kassadin still has his silencing joke). All gameplay changes are just that gameplay changes to balance the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back