• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
LaxusRender
Future XANXUS
And now, the match between two -xus badass begin!

Laxus vs Xanxus

7-B versions for both (Post-Timeskip Laxus & Choice arc Xanxus)

Fight at Namimori school

Speed equalized

Ok, whi is the -xus winner?

Xanxus. His guns will give him greater precision. I know that's really lazy but honestly they're so equal and similar it's nearly impossible to find a solid reason without widely assuming things or questioning the abilities of either one.

"They're so equal and similar"

"Xanxus stomps because of pertrification"

So is it close, or is it a stomp?

Myself, I'm not sure on the results yet. Gonna wait what people say

Captain Torch said:
"They're so equal and similar"
"Xanxus stomps because of pertrification"

So is it close, or is it a stomp?

Myself, I'm not sure on the results yet. Gonna wait what people say
I already said that I changed my mind. Anyway Xanxus stomps just for clarification.

Wait, if Laxus has two of that, then how Xanxus stomp him with just petrification. Since Laxus can still dupicate and paralyze Xanxus or Bester before let them roar to petrification him.

Laxus doesn't have duplication, he has thought projections- basically holograms- and those are useful as distractions at best

Yeah, but Laxus used that, or attempted to use that only once, I think. Not sure though. Anyway, it's still viable for him but they're in character.

He used it against the Fake Funeral Wreaths he was fighting in the future. It's more of a passive ability of Sky Flames though.

Sky Flames have the passive ability Harmony, which can petrify others. It works like how you can make Mist Illusions, real illusions that are tangible. Rain Flames could slow an opponent's movements and make them relax. Sun Flames are capable of healing. Storm Flames have a bit more destructive power than the others. Lightning Flames can be hardened. Cloud Flames can propagate to expand quickly.

It took Tsuna and his Gaurdians a while to unlock the abilities, but fter the Future Arc, they're capable of using them freely. Choice is where we first saw many of them in action.

Hmm I see. That is the main issue here. However, I give this to Laxus via Lighting Form Intangibility, Dragon Force and Paralysis.

It's just him utilizing Dragon Slaying magic. The same way Cobra did it. 2nd Generation Dragon Slayers don't have Dragon Force, because they weren't trained by dragons - they just attained their power through lacrimas.

I see, it seems as though that form gave him a boost though...All this time I thought it was dragon force.

Yea, many people mistook that for Dragon Force at the time. The fact that Hiro never adressed that didn't help.

Laxus didn't necesarily get a boost, he just started using DS magic. At the beginning of the battle he used normal lightning magic, and then he revealed his dragon slaying magic, and got scales to represent that.

Yeah but Petrification straight up ends the match. Even with mind duplicates and paralysation they can be avoided, if I remember correctly Xanxus is able to petrofy someone instatntly.

Ah shit yeah. Well I already voted for Laxus once Xanxus was restricted from using petrification. But if it put back in I still vote Laxus for his lightning form.

Can Laxus harm people while in his lightning form? Because if not then I'd give it to Xanxus as his guns allow for flight, giving him more mobile options as opposed to Laxus, and Xanxus' petrification would likely seal the deal from there.

Alright, then I'll likely go with inconclusive for now. Xanxus can fly, and Laxus' lightning form both grant them incredible mobility. With paralysis vs petrification, it essentially comes down to who can land a hit first. With speed equalized there's not really any way to tell who would hit who first.

Xanus due to petrification and the fact that Laxus doesn't usually uses his paralysis, intagability and fairy law to his advantage.

Back