• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Last Thread (Shinza shit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Shinza fan too, unfortunately i'm just a casual so i can't help much
Youre right, it is a reacurring problem within the wiki, if you didnt know. In most cases though, it was possible to save those verses because of existing fantranslations. Shinza suffers from obscurity and language.
Let's see, the others obscure verses that suffers the same thing as Shinza are Shenshikan and Silverio

And every verses that A6colute created

Youre right, it is a reacurring problem within the wiki, if you didnt know. In most cases though, it was possible to save those verses because of existing fantranslations. Shinza suffers from obscurity and language.
What ultimately got Demonbane a nuke ticket isn't due to the lack of fan trans or obscurity though, grounded evidences has been presented to debunk the major errors within the pages before we ask for deletion.

I'm fine if you guys decide to give Shinza a free trip to oblivion and join hand with Demonbane staring at the void, but I would still rather those Shinza fan to actually prove big ass issue within the pages with a well-organized method so that even layman could understand that Shinza is beyond salvation. That way, the request for nuke could be seen as a reasonable action.

If any verse could get out of this wiki simply for the obscurity, lack of supporter, lack of full fantranslation, and the major knowledgable members display frustration that their verse got downgraded (or quit outright, likely the former following by the latter), then nuke ticket feels like free stuff instead of something require effort to get it.

What ultimately got Demonbane a nuke ticket isn't due to the lack of fan trans or obscurity though, grounded evidences has been presented to debunk the major errors within the pages before we ask for deletion.

I'm fine if you guys decide to give Shinza a free trip to oblivion and join hand with Demonbane staring at the void, but I would still rather those Shinza fan to actually prove big ass issue within the pages with a well-organized method so that even layman could understand that Shinza is beyond salvation. That way, the request for nuke could be seen as a reasonable action.

If any verse could get out of this wiki simply for the obscurity, lack of supporter, lack of full fantranslation, and the major knowledgable members display frustration that their verse got downgraded (or quit outright, likely the former following by the latter), then nuke ticket feels like free stuff instead of something require effort to get it.
Again, nearly everyone here is incapable of doing so. The difference between Demonbane and Shinza right now is that no one knew how badly it was for Demonbane, because Demonbane had no one in the first place. Demonbane was up in the air for deletion in the past, but no one really bothered nor wanted to get rid of THE omnipotent eating machine regardless of how bad it was. Here, for Shinza, you dont need to be a deeply ingrained fan to understand the issue. A Huge chunk of Shinza is untranslated, no one who has read the whole thing wants to bother with the pages. It dosnt need a huge debunk for us to understand the problem.

Again, nearly everyone here is incapable of doing so. The difference between Demonbane and Shinza right now is that no one knew how badly it was for Demonbane, because Demonbane had no one in the first place. Demonbane was up in the air for deletion in the past, but no one really bothered nor wanted to get rid of THE omnipotent eating machine regardless of how bad it was. Here, for Shinza, you dont need to be a deeply ingrained fan to understand the issue. A Huge chunk of Shinza is untranslated, no one who has read the whole thing wants to bother with the pages. It dosnt need a huge debunk for us to understand the problem.
The deal shouldn't be all about how a huge chunk of Shinza is untranslated when there were snipset of K3 translation in regarded of feat that has been widely used to support the verse for years. For the current situation Shinza is being put in, I think the need of having someone to prove that those materials are very wrong (which could be false context, uninformative, or wanked) to begin with before asking for deletion, is, indeed, paramount. If nobody support the verse or no knowledgable member bother to work with the pages, putting it in a limbo is much more fitting than bombing it out of existence.

⁹Those past snipset were provided by one person who used to be a active supporter. Said person was the wikis sole japanese speaking person too. He is gone. Again, i dont think you understand the issue. Everyone worth calling a expert is gone, even before people even entertained the thought of questioning our Shinza pages. Shinza is in a limbo for months now, everyone left are supporters who have read what could be read. Literally no one in this community can look at those pages and say "Yeah, they look correct". That is the most glaring issue at hand.

This is very much not how we handle pages though. Verses with no supporters qualified to keep them intact are deleted, especially if its apparent that the situation wont change. Putting them "in a limbo" is absolutly not fitting and goes against what this wiki stands for. What are those pages worth if no one can even tell if they are correct or not.

⁹Those past snipset were provided by one person who used to be a active supporter. Said person was the wikis sole japanese speaking person too. He is gone. Again, i dont think you understand the issue. Everyone worth calling a expert is gone, even before people even entertained the thought of questioning our Shinza pages. Shinza is in a limbo for months now, everyone left are supporters who have read what could be read. Literally no one in this community can look at those pages and say "Yeah, they look correct". That is the most glaring issue at hand.

This is very much not how we handle pages though. Verses with no supporters qualified to keep them intact are deleted, especially if its apparent that the situation wont change. Putting them "in a limbo" is absolutly not fitting and goes against what this wiki stands for. What are those pages worth if no one can even tell if they are correct or not.
If this is the case, then no further objection from me.

Actually, we've kept a ton of pages that are with no supporters for years in the site, one recent case even asked to delete his profiles as he was leaving, but as there were no apparent issues the pages are still up.

Deletion only comes if there's something to actually complain about beyond "What's the reliability of X?", some scans are needed to disprove it first to begin with or it's best staying for now, something like that was done for Demonbane after all, so the same would apply here.

Actually, we've kept a ton of pages that are with no supporters for years in the site, one recent case even asked to delete his profiles as he was leaving, but as there were no apparent issues the pages are still up.

Deletion only comes if there's something to actually complain about beyond "What's the reliability of X?", some scans are needed to disprove it first to begin with or it's best staying for now, something like that was done for Demonbane after all, so the same would apply here.
Mass purge incoming I think if Shinza deletion got a pass.

The caveat in your very example being that there is chance for new supporters qualified enough to step in and maintain those pages. How high is the chance for a verse so niche like Shinza? If it were obscurity alone i woudnt even argue for a deletion, but its the whole 75% of it being purely in japanese on top of that.

Shinza is:
*Sorely lacking in experts who have read the entirety of it.

*To 75% in japanese, way more if you count things like interviews and shit so its basically impossible to quantify and fact check any scans, especially now that we are lacking anyone with even a basic semblance of japanese expertise.

*With 75% content and up, either incomplete or potentially massivly erroundous when it comes to our profiles.

This is the ultimate fate of all mega obscure and untranslated verses of this wiki. A6colutes verses are the posterchildren of this problem.

The verse was argued to death in those few downgrade threads.
Agreed. It's just that there was no knowledgeable supporter debating for or against it. Even those "supporters" defending 1-A ratings made some questionable claims. This is why the OP wants it nuked.

Like what else are they supposed to do? if you delete a verse every time some fans are not happy with the rating you won't have pages left on this wiki.
OP has already answered this. But again, no one wants it nuked because they are dissatisfied with the 1B ratings.

Dude You are not understanding the situation we are in right now. Hypothetically speaking if High 1-A shinza was still a thing, and if someone like Dark or Yuri made a CRT wanting a nuke because there is no one to provide correct information, then everyone in this thread going against the nuke would've accepted that nuke, including you BECAUSE WHY NOT ? Also 1-B rating can be debunked i am sure of it, it's just that no one is left here to actually give a shit.

Just linking the scene and not using a mere screen would be a lot tbh.

Tbf the biggest problem I have is that finding the exact timestamp in 120+ videos of 30 min to 1 hour and half is super annoying regardless of the work.
This is a call to do better next time i guess, so we wont have another shinza on our hand,
But i know i will definitely revive the verse if i ever get a translation that is at least 80% accurate

OP has already answered this. But again, no one wants it nuked because they are dissatisfied with the 1B ratings.

Dude You are not understanding the situation we are in right now. Hypothetically speaking if High 1-A shinza was still a thing, and if someone like Dark or Yuri made a CRT wanting a nuke because there is no one to provide correct information, then everyone in this thread going against the nuke would've accepted that nuke, including you BECAUSE WHY NOT ? Also 1-B rating can be debunked i am sure of it, it's just that no one is left here to actually give a shit.
Redgrave's behavior makes it clear that he never would have made this kind of thread if Shinza was still in the 1-As though. Can't hide the elephant in the room.

And I'm pretty sure you would have MORE people against its deletion before my CRTs. Saying it didn't play a role is ignoring how a decent chunk of the Shinza vs guys have been acting after that.
And we have people who gives a shit about Shinza, that's why 1-A had to be gone. To show people cared.
Even if it's a small group of people really caring, surprisingly like most of the oldest 1-As.

If we have to nuke series for this reason then it's better to do a thread for them in general though, not just Shinza.
If the reason is just the lack of translation and not VS related issues.

And back up everything.
i think i am going to start a thread for this, i dont know if this will go through but i have a list of verses that should be nuked for reasons in the OP

Redgrave's behavior makes it clear that he never would have made this kind of thread if Shinza was still in the 1-As though. Can't hide the elephant in the room.
I'll give you benefit of the doubt that red wants it nuked because its downgraded.
why are others who aren't even knowledgeable on the verse agreeing for its deletion ? Because the verse SHOULD be nuked bro.
Also There are more reasons Red mentioned why it should be nuked. Red being satisfied or dissatisfied with shinza's downgrade has no relation and does not contradicts the fact that shinza is not in a good condition here and imo should be nuked. Sooner or later someone other than red (who doesn't cares about its 1A ratings) would've definitely made such thread asking for shinza's Nuke.

And I'm pretty sure you would have MORE people against its deletion before my CRTs.
I don't think so considering i have seen more people against High 1A shinza rating. There are people out there who will definitely go out of their way to make a crt for its downgrade when they aren't even done with freaking Dies Irae.
You know someone is pathetic when they dedicate hours or even days of their life to Machine translate or borrow second hand machine translations of a VN just to find stuff to downplay a verse with when they don't even have 30% of the context. Believe me you'll find people like this inside or outside of this wiki. Its better if we don't revive a dead discussion so i'll stop now.

.And we have people who gives a shit about Shinza, that's why 1-A had to be gone. To show people cared.
Even if it's a small group of people really caring, surprisingly like most of the oldest 1-As.
I doubt bro. Ask some of those "caring" people about the latest Avesta development and they'll go out of their way and search for answers on google. You shouldn't toss around the title of "Caring people" that easily. If they actually care they should at least keep up with the series.Welp

I'll give you benefit of the doubt that red wants it nuked because its downgraded.
why are others who aren't even knowledgeable on the verse agreeing for its deletion ? Because the verse SHOULD be nuked bro.
I'm for its deletion too yknow? It doesnt change the acknowledgement of what motivation prompted it. Red was litteraly the most salty dude when downgrade happened.
Also There are more reasons Red mentioned why it should be nuked. Red being satisfied or dissatisfied with shinza's downgrade has no relation and does not contradicts the fact that shinza is not in a good condition here and imo should be nuked. Sooner or later someone other than red (who doesn't cares about its 1A ratings) would've definitely made such thread asking for shinza's Nuke.
Yeah nuking Shinza was already being discussed before.
I don't think so considering i have seen more people against High 1A shinza rating. There are people out there who will definitely go out of their way to make a crt for its downgrade when they aren't even done with freaking Dies Irae.
You know someone is pathetic when they dedicate hours or even days of their life to Machine translate or borrow second hand machine translations of a VN just to find stuff to downplay a verse with when they don't even have 30% of the context. Believe me you'll find people like this inside or outside of this wiki. Its better if we don't revive a dead discussion so i'll stop now.
The "u didn't read" thing is REALLY old now.
You clearly just are biased here, and people like Darksmash (since it's obvious who you're talking about) contribuated to having a more accurate verse.
What's pathetic here is your speech. If it was that bad and things were wrong, why didn't you do shit?
I doubt bro. Ask some of those "caring" people about the latest Avesta development and they'll go out of their way and search for answers on google. You shouldn't toss around the title of "Caring people" that easily. If they actually care they should at least keep up with the series.Welp
That's the case for litteraly most overseas fans though. Especially when you don't care about only one verse or have more than one way to spend money.
That's also the same as saying one doesnt care about Naruto because they didn't read the last Boruto chapter in the official next shonen jump issue.

It's not that hard to think this thread started as a tantrum over the recent downgrade of Shinza (or, in a less civil sense, rage quit), which partly is the reason I demand something more concrete to validate the nuke. Ended up no one could even do something like that, then putting Shinza out of this misery state by a deletion is fair.

I almost feel very soon any verse that get's s bad downgrade like shinza the fanbase would want it to be nuked. So I advice it to stay but no VS threads with shinza or look for a Japanese translator Atleast.

They are many ways to solve this problem apart from deletion

They are many ways to solve this problem apart from deletion
Like members risking their mental health because a fanbase are going to be a bunch of atrocious ******* boils on the face of reality?

We have to consider what kind of toxic pit we are dipping into removing Shinza from tier 1, the fans went ******* mad over a 1-B downgrade, what do you think is going to happen when Shinza is no longer tier 1?

I mean if Yuri had the motivation they probably would've been some of the strongest 1-B's :/
As I said since the downgrade, part of my second series of CRT include(d) putting them high into the countless 1-B.
What retarde-d the whole thing is picking out the exact scenes with some being hell to find.

Long story short: Shinza Banshou is not worth it in the long run due to the downgrades being cause for outrage by the fans, which would impact most involved with the downgrades mental health due to the fluoroantimonic acid we are stepping into with downgrading Shinza, and the fanbases reaction.

Not everyone can laugh off threats and such 24/7.(even if I indeed can easily)

I am skeptical that it's possible to downgrade Shinza into tier 2 with feats of Singularity and Throne being obvious hyperdimension.

Edit: the issue is that those Shinza fans were well-fed with propaganda about Shinza being the strongest verse in existence with shit like "taiji gap = infinity" and thus just moving the verse down will easily cause outrage. The difference between Shinza and DMB is, DMB have the author posting bs tweet to absolutely destroy the featmonger part of the fanbase.

As i said, it's unprofessional to make a thread about this just because your fave verse got downgraded and got very mad at it

Fyi i was experienced this when Fate Servants got downgraded to lower tier of 7 from tier 6 and it's one heck of unpleasant experience, you are filled with frustration/rage for.....a fiction

Last edited:
I've read 15 pages of discussion on this topic. Wiki is starting to do whatever the majority wants every day. Someone has too many comments and likes? People are starting to defend him. It's really best just to read because if you say the majority is wrong they will start harassing you and you need to change your account .
Just like i live .
->It was very common for certain authorities to manage the wiki and for new members to be crushed under the name of ignorance.

As the matter of this thread, I will not take it seriously until Witch stated outright no supporter are capable to proves the pages are problematic with certainty. That's quite ironic, when I consider the problem might as well lied within their supporting claim, so fine, I'd rather to see Shinza gone away from them, than it wither away because I-can't-bother-lmao excuse of its "supporters."

As the matter of this thread, I will not take it seriously until Witch stated outright no supporter are capable to proves the pages are problematic with certainty. That's quite ironic, when I consider the problem might as well lied within their supporting claim, so fine, I'd rather to see Shinza gone away from them, than it wither away because I-can't-bother-lmao excuse of its "supporters."
not everyone has the time to unfuck something like Shinza Banshou, which has the entire core of the cosmology untranslated and thus unreliable. Someone can be a fan but not have the time, energy, or resources to help here. If you are going to talk the talk your damn well going to walk the miles. Can you do it? If the answer is no, stop talking as if you are just superior to everyone else, the world does not revolve around you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back