• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OUTDATED VERSES, UNTRANSLATED VERSES, VERSES WITHOUT ACTIVE SUPPORTERS E.T.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceofPein

Username Only
As the Topic said, this thread is about verses(Books, Anime, Light novel e.t.c.) that are:
1. Outdated or lacking valid information
2. The majority of it is Untranslated (Accuracy cant be guaranteed)
3. The verse no longer has active supporters/experts (So it can be wanked or lowballed without anyone knowing)
4. Verses that are too Disorganized and a mess.
If there are other reasons that you think i should add, please point that out.
Verses that check out the above points should be nuked for obvious reasons. (All verses that would be deleted will be backed up to a blog so it can be revived later on if things changes for the verse i guess)

And i dont think a verse should be deleted just cause it checked just one of this, verses should check at least two of this points before it should be brought up for deletion, so please if you have such verses that you think check this out please point them out in this thread so it can be discussed if it should be nuked or not. these are some of the verses that was mentioned to be nuked
1. Shinza verse (What brought about this thread https://vsbattles.com/threads/last-thread-shinza-shit.120557/) (2, 3 and 4)
2. Senshikan (1,2 and 3)
3. Akame ga kill (1 and 4)
4. Silverio (Ticks everything)
5. Sentouin Hakenshimasu (1,3 and 4)
6. Tales of Demons and Gods (1,3 and 4)
7 Red vs Blue (1, 3 and 4)
8. infinity Stratos (1, 3 and 4)

Last edited:
Akame Ga kill
the profiles are outdated and miss many abilities

Sentouin Hakenshimasu

lacks supporters and needs some crts about the profiles and tiers

Red vs Blue
profiles outdated and very incompleted, lakcs supporters

Why this verse need to be deleted?It has translation and supporter is still active in this wiki
was what i was told, a single supporter too, its hard to know if it is wanked or not. but you are right it only checks one box, so it cant be nuked i will remove it

wait a minute wait

actually Akame ga kill has supporters and they are not that outdated ts just that miss some powers

and sentouin just needs more supportes but he has that so if you just remove it please?

for red vs blue there is nothing i can do supporters are missing and ect if someone is active please tell me

wait a minute wait

actually Akame ga kill has supporters and they are not that outdated ts just that miss some powers
i agree with this, i am currently reading the manga of akame ga kill and was going to make a revision for it later on
and sentouin just needs more supportes but he has that so if you just remove it please?
sure, i can not even find the verse on wiki i think it has been nuked or it has another name
for red vs blue there is nothing i can do supporters are missing and ect if someone is active please tell me
noted

i agree with this, i am currently reading the manga of akame ga kill and was going to make a revision for it later on

sure, i can not even find the verse on wiki i think it has been nuked or it has another name

noted
about Sentouin I mean remove from the panel thread not remove the verse
also is in the Akatsukiverse with Konosuba

As I said in the other thread, I think that it would set a very bad precedent for the wiki if we start to systematically wipe out all of our verses without active supporters simply due to that the favourite verse of some members was downgraded. It is not a realistic option. We would have to regularly waste time on wiping out thousands of pages with solid work behind them.

As I said in the other thread, I think that it would set a very bad precedent for the wiki if we start to systematically wipe out all of our verses without active supporters simply due to that the favourite verse of some members was downgraded. It is not a realistic option. We would have to regularly waste time on wiping out thousands of pages with solid work behind them.
i think it is not just verses without supporters, but these four things
1. Outdated or lacking valid information
2. The majority of it is Untranslated (Accuracy cant be guaranteed)
3. The verse no longer has active supporters/experts (So it can be wanked or lowballed without anyone knowing)
4. Verses that are too Disorganized and a mess.
If there are other reasons that you think i should add, please point that out
And i dont think a verse should be deleted just cause it checked just one of this, verses should check at least two of this points

#1 can be hard to determine properly.

#2 depends on if we have sufficient available explanations and/or calculations.

#3 is not particularly meaningful in itself.

#4 is far more relevant.

All points in combination make deletions far more warranted though, yes.

#1 can be hard to determine properly.

#2 depends on if we have sufficient available explanations and/or calculations.

#3 is not particularly meaningful in itself.

#4 is far more relevant.

All points in combination make deletions far more warranted though, yes.
well instead of two it can be that verses that check at three should be deleted.

Well, verses that have serious problems in all 4 areas should probably likely be seriously considered for deletion at least.

As long as the profile pages and the calculations and other information that they link to is elaborate enough to warrant the tiers, it should usually be fine.

I guess I can agree with the logic, verses that are extremely outdated and have no one working on them should be deleted yeah

Will this thread be a long term thing?

If so, it would be preferable to move it to the wiki management section and should probably be treated the same as the profile deletion request thread since we'd be deleting an entire verse.

If not and that this can be finished rather quickly then I have nothing else to say.

Will this thread be a long term thing?

If so, it would be preferable to move it to the wiki management section and should probably be treated the same as the profile deletion request thread since we'd be deleting an entire verse.

If not and that this can be finished rather quickly then I have nothing else to say.
I am honestly not sure. We can obviously not go on a widespread deletion spree as soon as a verse lacks active supporters, but verses that also lack any valid justifications and explanations for their statistics likely have to be removed, yes.

It would be better with a first post of the thread that better explains that to avoid misunderstandings.

Ra from lessa probably should have his page deleted his is the only page from lessa on this wiki the page is definitely a bit accurate though but is probably lacking a few powers

I think that we would likely need a new thread that is better organised from the start, but honestly, we already have a wiki management forum thread for deleting very unreliable pages. Isn't it better to continue to use that instead?

Considering how a good chunk of the users already follow that, and how making two threads for similar topics would just cause attention and input issues, I think just sticking to the Profile Deletions Request thread for this kind of stuff as well is fine, it has also been done before on this regard over there after all

Jujutsu Kaisen? Idk. Many people have read the manga, but only 3-4 people are willing to work with the verse
DAMN, I THOUGHT THIS WAS "FUN AND GAMES". IGNORE WHAT I SAID, DON'T DELETE JUJUTSU FROM THE WIKI, THERE IS A SPEED REVISION LITERALLY READY although I still need my computer to post

Considering how a good chunk of the users already follow that, and how making two threads for similar topics would just cause attention and input issues, I think just sticking to the Profile Deletions Request thread for this kind of stuff as well is fine, it has also been done before on this regard over there after all
Agreed.

Should I close this thread then?

Yes, although I'll also remind to bring back the audit plans in the future, they have gone in hiatus for years and help on this sort of issues.

Well, that is not really up to me, but you can talk with audit group members about if they want to revive the project.

I do not remember who they are anymore though.

Well, that is not really up to me, but you can talk with audit group members about if they want to revive the project.

I do not remember who they are anymore though.
They had an entire Discord server, and whenever I try to ping everyone over there I'm ignored, perhaps it requires the staff being called over it once more, but that's for another thread.

Well, you can send a PM here instead.

Should I close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back