• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Last Thread (Shinza shit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TISSG7Redgrave

The World's Unluckiest Person
Joke Battles
Administrator
This is going to be a pain especially since I'm gonna vanish after making this tbh cuz honestly....**** this:

Ok so here is the **** of what I'm saying. Delete the shinza pages and such besides the verse page. It's too disorganized, a mess and no one to verify for shit.

A couple of reasons is in order but mainly because we have no real active experts anymore. The only other people besides me is QB, Trex, EMC, EMS and Alrfy. The latter four are not active at all and me and QB are not that active in the verse. So we have no one to confirm KKK's shit at any point like at all. With the last CRT for its 1-B shit going through cuz no one really mentioned or knows shit it goes without saying the profiles are very inaccurate. I for one wanted to check after i was free but instead everything was so rushed its ludicurious. I can argue this was also the case for High 1-A downgrades in where alrfy while he disagrees didn't 100% gave everything so I felt we were missing smth but instead we went through regardless.

But the biggest nail to show how much the verse is sorely lacking in quality control was to 1-B as literally it went through regardless and I'm pretty sure someone proposed to wait for the actual experts but instead that got thrown out. Yuri is definately not one of these experts so no point leaving it to him or anyone for that manner so it's better to delete the pages and it being made by ppl who actually know shit instead of ppl who haven't even read the thing that is really needed.

I'm already tired and both me and QB as I said are not active for it so its pretty bloody pointless to keep the profiles if the fact checkers are barely there in the first place. And if anyone wants to argue leave it to yuri or darkmash don't cuz they didn't read KKK which is why we even have the 1-As shit in the first place so again incomplete information that is pointless. Not to mention the ability and other downgrades with no one to 100% be there. We don't have the actual experts to help and I ain't in the mood to try to help smth I know will likely get ignored regardless.

Tl;dr after seeing how much inaccuracy and the experts are not exactly in the wiki anymore better delete and if anyone wants to remake it, it should only be done after its fact-checked otherwise just delete it regardless because of how much of a pain it will cause and shit like that. So as I said don't bother asking me to help fixing smth that's too broken already just delete it to save yourselves the headache or are we all going to listen to ppl who clearly haven't read the material at all? Just saying the point of experts became practically pointless if this is how we are doing things.

So, this is how it ends, in a rather disappointing way but, ehh, not really unexpected.

Sad to see you go but understandable since you have been here for so long and it gets boring and not really worth the time anymore at some point.

And yeah, the verse is better gone than touched by people who don't know what they are doing but that's irrelevant at this point.

Considering one of the threads went through despite the OP admitting they hadn't even finished DI, because no one who knows the series actually wants to argue this stuff anymore, yeah I can agree to getting rid of it

I already saw the discussion on discord about your departure, it's sad to see you leave, we didn't bond that much but I had and always will have respect for you and other members of the Masada server.

It's painful to see you leave, but it's understandable.

And yes, I agree with the deletion.

The Masada downgrades were a shitshow, bluntly put. Nobody wanted to defend the verse and everyone who was pushing the downgrades either had missing knowledge or wasn't an expert.

Add on the fact that a bunch of freshly made profiles went directly to the thread to agree with the downgrade, well...

I have to agree with Redgrave.

I'm gonna play a devil advocate here, but i think the elitism in Shinza fanbase the resson why the downgrade went smoothly
And honestly, i wanted to know what Yuri and Darksmash thought on this since they are the responsible for downgrading the verse

Aside that i'm sad to see you go, but as always you can find a better way to enjoying yourself outside from.vs debating

Redgrave threw Longinuslanze Testament at Reinhard and everyone else, funniest shit I've ever seen.
plz dont leave ;(((

Although I think the "they didn't read and aren't expert" are baseless attempt to discredit someone actually caring for the verse (like seriously, most of "the experts" you mentionned gave Sukuna's law to Morei or put Habaki/Rindou as being Gudo god during K3).

I can see Shinza profiles being deleted. Besides it likely being a good way to stop the harassment I get on a daily-basis since the downgrade, even my CRTs barely are around half of what I planned, and nobody honestly gives a shit about Shinza being right.
All that matter is that they are strong, even if you have to put blatant lies or invent the biggest lies (Habaki/Rindou, gods and Singularity+Throne relationship, etc...).

Shinza is far from being bad, and I genuinely think K3 is one of the best Visual Novel I experienced.
It's so-called oversea fanbase? A bunch of VS-addicts who never cared about Masada before hearing that his characters could beat Goku, with the dumbest pestering and harassing anyone threatening their little ideal fanfiction; or even bothering Masada when dude's too sick to write.

There's little to no verse that got such a bad fanbase because of the VS community, and not a single 1-A verse had this problem the same way Shinza did.

Anyway, now that I finished venting how much of a shitshow being involved with Shinza is, and how you barely find anyone who's not a clown in this big circus, I agree with its deletion.

(Oh and I would like to copy everything we have on VSB regarding the verse to use it for better purposes, like working on my K3 translation or making wikis/tv tropes pages better, if nobody mind).

Yeah, "they didn't read and aren't the expert" are plain harsh and low-key insulting, but that just me
Shinza is far from being bad, and I genuinely think K3 is one of the best Visual Novel I experienced.
It's so-called oversea fanbase? A bunch of VS-addicts who never cared about Masada before hearing that his characters could beat Goku, with the dumbest pestering and harassing anyone threatening their little ideal fanfiction; or even bothering Masada when dude's too sick to write.
This is straight up fact and it hurt like very hurt, thanks for the downgrade it opened my eyes on how bad Shinza fanbase is

So not only Shinza got like 5 shots from the downgrade gun, now it's gonna get the shot of the delete gun as well
Anyway I agree if that's for the best

I'm sorry to be harsh, but it needs to be said: the Shinza Banshō "fans," both on this site and across the power scaling community as a whole, can hardly even be called fans when many of them (maybe even the majority of them) likely haven't read a single entry in the Shinza Banshō series. They don't appreciate it for creativity or good writing or anything like that. Instead, they form circlejerks surrounding the big power levels and strong hax that the series happens to have, with some even going as far as to harass Masada himself because they want to feel secure about a verse that they don't even have any interest in outside of "OMG BIG POWER LEVELS OOOOOOHHHHHHH". That's not to undermine the value of the series or the efforts of those who truly have read it, but I'm just really tired of how this verse is being borderline worshiped by people who don't even understand it.

I could go on, but I don't want to lead this thread astray. I agree with deletion.

Can we make pages for Dies Irae in the future? Or can we just delete everything with the exception of dies irae stuff?

If people are willing to make pages for the translated material like Dies Irae then that's fine.

Also, none of that "he hasn't read it so no" stuff. I definitely feel more comfortable discussing a verse with those who've consumed the media but ultimately what matters is whether the scans support the claims.

Can we make pages for Dies Irae in the future? Or can we just delete everything with the exception of dies irae stuff?
I'm not sure if having incomplete profiles is better than full deletion tbh.

It would create another shitstorm from the same elitists who kept people in ignorance without a single care for what's right. But also from those mad at a weaker Shinza.

It's just the profiles for dies irae, nothing else. I really don't see how it's a problem, even if it lacks the abilities and shit from the other, untranslated works.

If the only reason why we can't make them is because "Elitist will cry about it" then that is a really poor reasoning. Just because some people don't like it, doesn't mean we can't make it.

I honestly see no reason why we can't just make a dies irae profile, and be done with it.

It's just the profiles for dies irae, nothing else. I really don't see how it's a problem, even if it lacks the abilities and shit from the other, untranslated works.

If the only reason why we can't make them is because "Elitist will cry about it" then that is a really poor reasoning. Just because some people don't like it, doesn't mean we can't make it.

I honestly see no reason why we can't just make a dies irae profile, and be done with it.
Well, I guess that's true. I just really don't wanna think about how it'll affect the daily harassment and pestering I already have, so I think I'm more against this than what's reasonnable (although it's more annoying af than anything).

Our DI profiles aren't really good tho (even if they're better than our K3 or PL ones), and I can't say there's much actually caring about them being right.
So I guess it depends of what people actually feels for this series.

Well, I guess that's true. I just really don't wanna think about how it'll affect the daily harassment and pestering I already have, so I think I'm more against this than what's reasonnable (although it's more annoying af than anything).

Our DI profiles aren't really good tho (even if they're better than our K3 or PL ones), and I can't say there's much actually caring about them being right.
So I guess it depends of what people actually feels for this series.
Oh? You get daily harassed for just fixing DI's profiles? I get that some people may not agree with it, but harassment on a daily basis? That sounds bizarre... and quite petty from them.

Regardless, It's just like you said. It depends on what people want for the series.

We can just yeet every other work, and keep the dies irae. Or just delete them rn, and someone can make the DI ones in the future. I might make them, but it's been forever since I read DI, so I have to read it back again in order to get the ***** for the profiles.

Either way, even if they were to be deleted right now, as long as we can make profiles for them in the future, I have no problem deleting them now.

Also, none of that "he hasn't read it so no" stuff. I definitely feel more comfortable discussing a verse with those who've consumed the media but ultimately what matters is whether the scans support the claims.
If you're referring to me, my intent was not to say "if you haven't read it then your opinion doesn't count." I was moreso addressing the so-called "fans" who act like Shinza Banshō is such a great thing not because of the story or the themes or anything along those lines, but because of the power levels. A friend already got on my case because she thought that I was broadly attacking the Shinza Banshō fanbase, and I had to clarify my post to her.

Oh? You get daily harassed for just fixing DI's profiles? I get that some people may not agree with it, but harassment on a daily basis? That sounds bizarre... and petty from them.
Tbf I wish I was exaggerating. But it started with the 1-B downgrade.
I'm now basically the one pestered and insulted for everything VSB doesn't do the way someone wants it to for Shinza and also for daring downgrade Shinza below Marvel & coe (and a minority litteraly tracked my unrelated account on others media).
That's also a part of why I'm less invested in making CRTs or in VS stuff in general. It's so annoying I lose all motivation related to these kinda things.
I just wanted to use this thread to vent a bit about it, and also to warn people of how Shinza oversea "fanbase" is even worse than what people think when it comes to VS debatting (although not everyone is like that obviously, and some of my close friends are as much into it as I am).
I'll stop bringing it up from now on though.

Either way, even if they were to be deleted right now, as long as we can make profiles for them in the future, I have no problem deleting them now.
I think we should definitely let the possibility of doing them regardless of the outcome too.
At least for the possibility of an Isaak profile.

Sad, but I agree with this heavily. I love the series even if I can't read most of it, but its community here and on most places are either a shitshow or just don't care about it enough to want to try and fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back